Will the outcome of b10 determine the future of Britney Spears?

glorybitch

Do you think there’s much left for “Britney Spears” as a brand if B10 is another mediocre era with no much GP knowledge.. I think Britney is ready to give the brand up. :crying1:

If b10 is a success, I think she’ll open a new show in Vegas but not for long - then tour it. And then plans to release another album :yesplease: 

If b10 is not commercially successful I think it’ll be close the end for britney, announcing it was her last album and a retirement show in vegas :wontcry:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She won't be commercially successful with music anymore, I 100% guarantee that and people who dont recognize that are delusional and/or dont understand how charts work. But I don't see her retiring because of that, they'll figure out something for her to do and still make money. She can't just not do anything.

As much as I miss her this break is a good thing. B10 will be boppy no matter what the charts say.

25 minutes ago, David Rose said:

She won't be commercially successful with music anymore, I 100% guarantee that and people who dont recognize that are delusional and/or dont understand how charts work. But I don't see her retiring because of that, they'll figure out something for her to do and still make money. She can't just not do anything.

As much as I miss her this break is a good thing. B10 will be boppy no matter what the charts say.

I think she is still signed for 4 albums after bj. So glory , domination she needs to two more unless she releases a remix and greatest hits. 

She may even release an acoustic which could be really succesful.

Her past hits will always be enough for her to come back with any kind of show/residency/tour even if her new albums aren't successful.

I wish they release it, and the singles in strategic dates when there's no competition so she can go #1 even if she sells 30 copies, but not because I care about that stupid chart, but because it seems to be the only way they're willing to release more than 2 singles / videos per album.

50 minutes ago, David Rose said:

23 minutes ago, Betty1994 said:

I think she is still signed for 4 albums after bj. So glory , domination she needs to two more unless she releases a remix and greatest hits. 

She may even release an acoustic which could be really succesful.

Well Britney can afford to not do anything. She is still making a million plus every year from fragrances and not working despite her declined overall relevance.  So I don't see how her needing to do something is necessary to fund her lifestyle.

The issue is if still has to do something what type of effort she's going to be putting in.

Honestly I feel like her fate sort of is happening now. 

The decline of everything (besides perfumes but maybe that too) qualitywise and sales are pretty hard to ignore...unless you are delusional. 

I don’t even think her past success will carry her much longer performance wise. Domination for example... even Pom dates. Ppl aren’t forking over for the messes anymore. No one really cares what Britney is doing besides a few of us. There is no hype for her music or performance wise and that’s hard to accept because she was unstoppable and a superwoman for so long. 

They literally had tarnished so much of her brand it’s quite shocking. 

In regards to her music, it's the lack of authenticity that's affected Britney the most with the general public. There is, I think, a certain disconnection between who she is as a person, and as an artist. She is marketed as a ******, confident woman who is on top of the world, then tells us she’s just a boring homebody who’s not all that confident. Nothing new here, except now when she’s in popstar-mode and tries playing **** because “it’s part of [her] job” she looks awkward and uncomfortable.

Moving forward, I'm not sure if commercial success should be the priority for Britney's next record. I’m not saying she should relate to all the songs on the album on a personal level, but just enough for her to be able to sell it. I really do believe if she is genuine on this next record, regardless of the direction, the public will respond.

40 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

Well Britney can afford to not do anything. She is still making a million plus every year from fragrances and not working despite her declined overall relevance.  So I don't see how her needing to do something is necessary to fund her lifestyle.

The issue is if still has to do something what type of effort she's going to be putting in.

its not so much about funding her lifestyle as it is her having nothing to do. performing and making music is essentially all she knows.

I really don’t know why this fan base is expecting Britney to be at the top of the charts. I think I’ve made my peace with the last time that happening was in 2011.

Call me crazy, but I think Britney *really* hates it when she’s in the limelight. I’m totally happy with her doing a residency and then tour (maybe not as long as POM went on but still). Glory was her best work in a long time and it showed she enjoyed it. 

I mean, Mariah’s album didn’t do *phenomenal* but you can tell she enjoyed it and is just enjoying making music. I really like that philosophy. Ariana Grande is doing that. She hates the whole “era” ideology. I respect that.

why can’t yoy guys just appreciate for Britney the artist? Why do you NEED Britney the brand?

3 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

I really don’t know why this fan base is expecting Britney to be at the top of the charts. I think I’ve made my peace with the last time that happening was in 2011.

Call me crazy, but I think Britney *really* hates it when she’s in the limelight. I’m totally happy with her doing a residency and then tour (maybe not as long as POM went on but still). Glory was her best work in a long time and it showed she enjoyed it. 

I mean, Mariah’s album didn’t do *phenomenal* but you can tell she enjoyed it and is just enjoying making music. I really like that philosophy. Ariana Grande is doing that. She hates the whole “era” ideology. I respect that.

why can’t yoy guys just appreciate for Britney the artist? Why do you NEED Britney the brand?

THISSS:)

49 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

I hear you. At the same time, how today's music is consumed and interpreted has come a long way since Britney’s reign in the early 00s. Let’s not diminish the fact it was ‘Britney the brand’ who supplied the hits sustaining her career to this day. Though not exactly fair to who her goals and who she is presently, some fans would like to experience her impact in that way again.

3 hours ago, David Rose said:

how charts work?

28 minutes ago, EzekielJean said:

how charts work?

Yes. You need strong streaming numbers to chart well - nobody streams her, especially the younger demographic who make up for most of those numbers. You need support from the radio to chart well - radio stations don’t want to play her anymore because they’re ageist and she’s somewhat irrelevant and not “in.” This is why she hasn’t charted well since FF - streaming became a much bigger part of Billboard’s charting criteria and radio stations stopped playing her music even when the label encouraged them to do so. No perfect song will fix those issues, it’s just the reality of where she is in her career.

Britney has said that she cares about the charts etc so of course if an album flops she is going to loose interest, just like glory, at the beginning we had a lot of performances and promo and as soon as slumber party came out and flopped everything stopped and glory was abandoned.:juggingu:

1 hour ago, xkhingx said:

Britney has said that she cares about the charts etc so of course if an album flops she is going to loose interest, just like glory, at the beginning we had a lot of performances and promo and as soon as slumber party came out and flopped everything stopped and glory was abandoned.:juggingu:

The label makes that decision, not Britney. They're the ones shelling out the money.

I think it will be much the same that we’ve seen with the Glory era. Great music and good promo. Hopefully better videos though. She’ll cause a big splash and will probably enjoy some decent to good chart success. I’m looking forward to eventually hearing some new tunes, and don’t mind waiting if it’s great quality. 

Archived