Janet Jackson is replacing Britney with her Las Vegas Residency

UltimateBritney

https://lasvegasweekly.com/ae/music/2019/feb/26/janet-jackson-vegas-residency-park-theater-/

One of the most obviously great candidates for a Las Vegas residency show has signed up for duty. Janet Jackson will bring Metamorphosis to Park Theater at Park MGM resort for 15 dates starting on May 17 and tickets will go on sale Saturday, March 2.

More dates are expected to follow but the 15 dates for Metamorphosis going on sale this week are May 17, 18, 21, 22, 25 and 26; July 24, 26, 27 and 31; and August 2, 3, 7, 9 and 10.

Domination dates were May 17, 18, 22, 24, 25 and 26; July 24, 26, 27 and 31; and August 2, 3, 7, 9 and 10.

They replace dates for Janet Jackson residency show .

But good for her.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Goku said:

Don't forget Enigma.

There's too much competition now, Domination can't compete with the voice of Xtina, the dancing of Janet and the whole package of Gaga (having a new GP peak)

Canceling the residency was the best choice. :yeaok:

Or they wouldn't have happened in the first place if Britney didn't leave an empty spot :raven: (minus Gaga of course, which was already announced)

damn.. Queen of setting trends..

hahaha what are they gonna do next? go to Atlantic City? that is too far away from LA...

Probably they just will wait until this is not trending anymore and will come back like in one or two years :( The only other step I think they could take is to create a comeback to increase the hype among the GP, but that sounds like too much work...

Probably they are just going to release 10 new perfumes and wait. 

1 hour ago, Luminous said:

Definitively, Britney should level up and leave Vegas, there are too many residencies. Of course she won't leave it, which don't bother me, but it would be great, she already made it trend. :endit:

Oh, this. It was cool when she was the sole Queen of Vegas. I don't need cheap tabloids drawing comparisons between hers and the new residencies, without considering her whole legacy.

4 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

So what's she gonna do? I'm seriously concerned she won't return to the music ever again :mhmnod:

I fear this is it. We all know she doesn't need to, so..

51 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

If five years of the same **** didn’t make Britney consistent...accept it, nothing will. 

6 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

So what's she gonna do? I'm seriously concerned she won't return to the music ever again :mhmnod:

Well the point of the Femme Fatale Era to Vegas was clearly and deliberately frontloaded for monetary reasons over performing . 

Yes, you could say the same for the Circus era but she was supposed to improve after that; she still had that 'aura' of her prime years there but that ended starting from the Femme Fatale Era on-wards.

Yeah, there were moments during Piece of Me, but enough for people to still be interested after a 4/5 year run????

Britney specifically doesn't need the money (don't know about the rest of her family/managers etc...) but she could still release music.

Archived