Janet Jackson is replacing Britney with her Las Vegas Residency

UltimateBritney

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually (especially with Janet moving into her spot) don’t see her returning to Vegas. I suspect this hiatus will actually last for, at least, a few more months. After then, she’ll probably miss performing (she seems to genuinely enjoy it) so I expect a new album and tour at the end of this/beginning of next year. It’ll be a wait, but everything will be just right for her.

I agree. Maybe late 2020 / early 2021. her kids will be like 16-17 by then and no doubt will be leaving school. [im UK so dunno, do kids have to stay in school til 18 in America??]  so gives her a lot more freedom to tour

Probably not happening though, i'd bet money she returns to Vegas in 2020

• Super Mods
15 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

I agree. Maybe late 2020 / early 2021. her kids will be like 16-17 by then and no doubt will be leaving school. [im UK so dunno, do kids have to stay in school til 18 in America??]  so gives her a lot more freedom to tour

I feel even if she doesn’t want to, I think she still has to fulfill her contract unless MGM mutually agree to relinquish her but I doubt it as they probably want more residencies to get people into their doors.

18 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

17-18 is senior year of highschool 

I just don't think they're interested in doing tours anymore. There's a huge investment and it will only last for a few months, so it's not attractive. They like to invest in things they're gonna use for at least 10 more years, like the Vegas stage, or the FFT guitar.

I just think it's too exhaustive for her, for whatever reason, to do a tour, and it's not that worthy all the time, money and energy they have to invest. A residency requires less money, less rehearsals (she can always start rehearsing the first few dates :demi: ) there's no traveling and no transportation of props, dancers, staff, etc, so it's just ideal.

I do agree Vegas is saturated right now, so I insist, why not start her own residency at L.A. or some other city like that? :raven: She can pass into history as the creator of a new capital of entertainment in the U.S. 

So do we think Britney will go back after or that maybe the contract was dealt with because they found someone else to fulfill the time slots? Either way Britney will return and she has music that she will release so I'm interested to see how it will play out. At least now we have something to look forward to instead of just checking up each night after the shows to see how she did

1 hour ago, warioaddams said:

Now that is confirmed that Britney won't return with the residency anytime soon. It's better to prepare an amazing tour, it doesn't have to be that many dates. I think Vegas is saturated at the moment, and it's not a good option for her career right now. :thinkney:

What do you think?

She toured less than a year ago and grossed 54 million $. It makes no sense at all to tour again this year, she'll have to wait at least 2-3 more years like most singers do, they're not touring every year. Also great tours are no longer a thing. Stages are all basic now consisting on a giant screen and a runway. Even Madonna's last one was very simple compared to her previous tours. The only one that had a huge stage and production (I still find it basic af but whatever) was Taylor Swift. Britney will go back to Vegas by the end of 2019 or in early 2020. After she's done with her show she'll go on tour.

11 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I just don't think they're interested in doing tours anymore. There's a huge investment and it will only last for a few months, so it's not attractive. They like to invest in things they're gonna use for at least 10 more years, like the Vegas stage, or the FFT guitar.

I just think it's too exhaustive for her, for whatever reason, to do a tour, and it's not that worthy all the time, money and energy they have to invest. A residency requires less money, less rehearsals (she can always start rehearsing the first few dates :demi: ) there's no traveling and no transportation of props, dancers, staff, etc, so it's just ideal.

I do agree Vegas is saturated right now, so I insist, why not start her own residency at L.A. or some other city like that? :raven: She can pass into history as the creator of a new capital of entertainment in the U.S. 

New York would be ideal imo :raven:

Archived