Fun Fact: Britney has 5 of the 67 most expensive music videos

Urbanney

8 hours ago, Crayboy said:

Wouldn’t this list be wrong? I heard somewhere that MJ’s scream was the most expensive one, and that WB was right behind it.

but slay i guess

Yes, the OP is just naming the Britney mvs which are included in that list, not that those Britney videos are the most expensive over all of the existing videos on the planet 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
12 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

And they're all great except for Piece of Me, such a waste of money on that one.

Also, I wonder how much they spent on the original Make Me... 

I think most of it was paying overtime for the crew cuz remember she arrived 3 hours late or something to the shoot...I think?

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Yep, she was 12 hours late.

https://www.mtv.com/news/1575195/britney-spears-shoots-piece-of-me-video-using-pursued-by-paparazzi-theme/

Now that I think about it, I wonder if that $17-million audit with Jive was connected to this kind of behaviour? Maybe she cost the record company way more money than we know about? :calculating:

Dang and here I am think it was only 3 hours but yeah it would add to the reason why she’s so tied to Sony like she feels bad for what she did or she is paying for the cost cuz I heard from musicians with record deals that everything is spent on credit and usually the artists ends up paying the bill through album sales or touring.

3 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Dang and here I am think it was only 3 hours but yeah it would add to the reason why she’s so tied to Sony like she feels bad for what she did or she is paying for the cost cuz I heard from musicians with record deals that everything is spent on credit and usually the artists ends up paying the bill through album sales or touring.

It would definitely explain the need for the financial conservatorship if she was highly indebted to her record company. Even the quick roll out of the Circus era and the FF era would begin to make a bit more sense.

• Super Mods
5 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

It would definitely explain the need for the financial conservatorship if she was highly indebted to her record company. Even the quick roll out of the Circus era and the FF era would begin to make a bit more sense.

yeah it makes perfect sense with that reasoning because I know it is a real thing where musicians are forever "enslaved" to the record label because they had racked up a high bill and need to pay it off. An artists I spoke to say that all the parties, studio time, anything provided by the label especially music videos, it's not paid for upfront by the label, they just slapped on the bill that will be paid off with the album/single sales and if that's not enough, then the label will get their money back somehow so they would ask for proceeds from ticket sales or merchandise sales that's why artists can have number one songs but can be broke at the same time. 

If that's the case then I guess I can soften up about my views with the c-ship, that doesn't mean I think they are still the best. They still have zero creativity. 

14 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I think most of it was paying overtime for the crew cuz remember she arrived 3 hours late or something to the shoot...I think?

Still, she was at a moment in her life when she shouldn't have been shooting any music videos. I always say they should've postponed Blackout promotion till the next year, maybe re-release it, instead of doing those ugly music videos.

• Super Mods
8 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Still, she was at a moment in her life when she shouldn't have been shooting any music videos. I always say they should've postponed Blackout promotion till the next year, maybe re-release it, instead of doing those ugly music videos.

I totally agree, they should've known, I mean it was the same with the original fantasy commercial where she didn't show up at all and the stand in was used to "play" her. She was sane enough to make the album, I think she was just misdirected because wasn't Sam on the phone when she did that interview with Ryan Seacrest saying this is boring, let's do something fun or something like that and she ended the conversation? 

Although I still think they are still miles better than Randee's Make Me video, at least it had character and a uniqueness to it. 

3 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I totally agree, they should've known, I mean it was the same with the original fantasy commercial where she didn't show up at all and the stand in was used to "play" her. She was sane enough to make the album, I think she was just misdirected because wasn't Sam on the phone when she did that interview with Ryan Seacrest saying this is boring, let's do something fun or something like that and she ended the conversation? 

Although I still think they are still miles better than Randee's Make Me video, at least it had character and a uniqueness to it. 

Well, MM is a mess of a video and ruined the song, but at least she looks good in most of it :yaknow: still none of them belong to the list of her best videos.

8 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

yeah it makes perfect sense with that reasoning because I know it is a real thing where musicians are forever "enslaved" to the record label because they had racked up a high bill and need to pay it off. An artists I spoke to say that all the parties, studio time, anything provided by the label especially music videos, it's not paid for upfront by the label, they just slapped on the bill that will be paid off with the album/single sales and if that's not enough, then the label will get their money back somehow so they would ask for proceeds from ticket sales or merchandise sales that's why artists can have number one songs but can be broke at the same time. 

If that's the case then I guess I can soften up about my views with the c-ship, that doesn't mean I think they are still the best. They still have zero creativity. 

You know...That might even explain the extra POM dates and the POM summer tour, and Britney's seeming lack of interest in it all...If showing up 12 hours late for the POM video racked up bills (plus scrapping the majority of the Gimme More footage video, plus other things like the Outrageous video and the Onyx tour) then just imagine how much scrapping the original Make Me video might have cost in present day...Britney scraps a lot of projects, so I suppose her conservators insist she makes up the difference somehow, right?

Agreed on the zero creativity...It's as if they view her entire career as transactional, instead of her being an actual recording artist.

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

You know...That might even explain the extra POM dates and the POM summer tour, and Britney's seeming lack of interest in it all...If showing up 12 hours late for the POM video racked up bills (plus scrapping the majority of the Gimme More footage video, plus other things like the Outrageous video and the Onyx tour) then just imagine how much scrapping the original Make Me video might have cost in present day...Britney scraps a lot of projects, so I suppose her conservators insist she makes up the difference somehow, right?

Agreed on the zero creativity...It's as if they view her entire career as transactional, instead of her being an actual recording artist.

You f**king nailed it. I don’t think it’s Britney scrapping it, I think it’s her label or team that does. She is a rebel after all and a loose canon which is probably why they put her on the c-ship. Remember when the original concept of BTMYH was that she got pregnant at the end or something and they really wanted to keep her virginal image. I think she did most of the damage after ITZ where she had no label support or proper management. 

I think with the MM video it came down to sponsorship, I mean she throws a balantly obvious Sony tv out and it kills someone, I think as a brand I would not want to see my product being used as a weapon and maybe the other brands felt the same. She really is a true artist and doesn’t really consider those things and just want to do things for the art but I think that’s why she clashes so much with Her team cuz yeah like you said, they kinda see her as a business transaction and that’s probably why she blew up at Larry about going to rehab cuz from her words it seemed like they weren’t really thinking about her as a person but that their robot is malfunctioning and it needs to go to the mechanic to get tuned up.

4 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

You f**king nailed it. I don’t think it’s Britney scrapping it, I think it’s her label or team that does. She is a rebel after all and a loose canon which is probably why they put her on the c-ship. Remember when the original concept of BTMYH was that she got pregnant at the end or something and they really wanted to keep her virginal image. I think she did most of the damage after ITZ where she had no label support or proper management. 

I think with the MM video it came down to sponsorship, I mean she throws a balantly obvious Sony tv out and it kills someone, I think as a brand I would not want to see my product being used as a weapon and maybe the other brands felt the same. She really is a true artist and doesn’t really consider those things and just want to do things for the art but I think that’s why she clashes so much with Her team cuz yeah like you said, they kinda see her as a business transaction and that’s probably why she blew up at Larry about going to rehab cuz from her words it seemed like they weren’t really thinking about her as a person but that their robot is malfunctioning and it needs to go to the mechanic to get tuned up.

When you consider that by January 2008, she was still bringing in something like $700,000 a year without even working and that her Team were able to polish the robot enough to have it functioning and back out on stage to accept a handful of VMA's by September of that same year, then the personal conservatorship begins to make more and more sense. It is about maintaining control of her brand. Everything we've ever heard points to it, from quotes from people like David Lucado to that interview with Mikey Pesante that's been making the rounds in another thread.

This topic would make a great documentary...or a good mysterious book. 

4 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Why does she need brand sponsorship in her videos anyway? Britney is an established Star with millions of dollars. I just don’t know why they need to keep putting these in her videos. When it comes to her perfumes I understand. But why other brands?

maybe someone can care to explain to me? Lol

as for everything else, I’ve learned a lot from this thread. The conservstorship makes sense financially especially with her state in 04-07, although I still don’t see it’s need financially-speaking in present day, but that’s not for me to say. 

5 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Why does she need brand sponsorship in her videos anyway? Britney is an established Star with millions of dollars. I just don’t know why they need to keep putting these in her videos. When it comes to her perfumes I understand. But why other brands?

Because it makes her label/team more money. That’s all they want at the end of the day. 

Archived