Am I the only one to hate Jive?

Britology

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah they may have made some bad decisions, like the baby voice, not letting her release Original Doll material etc. but overall I think they cared about her more than RCA do. They are the reason Britney was so successful back then. To think her last album with that label gave her 3 top ten hits... now RCA only seem to want to put 2 singles out :orangu: 

1 hour ago, strangest_love said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't RCA just a rebrand of Jive?

Also, I live in the UK and I've always found that her songs are never played on the radio. Ever. Even from 2007. Constantly hearing Katy Perry, Beyonce, Arianne- who's decision is that?! 

RCA and Jive were both owned by Sony. Jive was under the RCA Music Group with J and Arista Records. In 2011 RCA sought to shut down those 3 labels and everyone on those labels, including Britney, were transferred over to RCA records.

And I live in the UK too and I never hear her on the radio either (well, except I do remember hearing Womanizer quite on a lot on the radio at the time of its release and Scream and Shout got radio play although she was featured on that song). Especially when she has new singles out. But iirc most Americans on here say they never heard Make Me or Slumber Party played on radio much during the Glory era which goes to show that radio stations don't want to play her anymore. But I do find it's a problem in this country, I think Radio 1 has some weird policies and is almost ageist towards females (see what happened with Madonna in 2015) and Nick Grimshaw clearly doesn't like her either. Yet during the Glory era she still went on his damn breakfast show for an interview :gloria: that's the only time I heard Make Me being played. 

6 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

its ok at best. The only reason you think its good is because you can actually hear her singing. Take that away, give that song to any artist you dont like and you will realize... its bland.

Isn't it the point of listening to music? :usher:

And no, that's not the only reason I love it, ofc her singing is a great reason but, the lyrics are so inspirational, it really moves my emotions to the point I feel related to that, it makes me feel that Im so vulnerable to all of these things she mentions in this song, I think we all have gone through hard times (as she has) and this track somehow gives me hope and calm when it comes to dealing with my own problems. I respect your opinion ofc but to me, this song is excellent. Once again, her unreleased material outdo her actual official music. :ehum:

14 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

Isn't it the point of listening to music? :usher:

And no, that's not the only reason I love it, ofc her singing is a great reason but, the lyrics are so inspirational, it really moves my emotions to the point I feel related to that, it makes me feel that Im so vulnerable to all of these things she mentions in this song, I think we all have gone through hard times (as she has) and this track somehow gives me hope and calm when it comes to dealing with my own problems. I respect your opinion ofc but to me, this song is excellent. Once again, her unreleased material outdo her actual official music. :ehum:

To me there are more factors when it comes to liking a song than someones voice. For example Mariah has an amazing voice but I dont like any of her music since about 2005.

IN MY OPINION the lyrics are bland the melody is boring and its just overal not a good song imo. But yeah tastes are different and what one person thinks is trash another person thinks is amazing. Thats why there are people who actually like Kpop lol.

9 hours ago, Via Infinito said:

RCA is way way worse. It's known as the record label to ruin so many artists.

They ruined Xtina

The werid thing is that it was also RCA who gave her full creative freedom with Stripped and B2B. I wonder if they had new people come in around 2008 because thats when they messed with Kellys album and also after that they ruined every vision Christina had. They were great before that.

They didn't reject all of them, they rightfully put them as bonus tracks, where they belonged. At least in the case of some. I'm sorry, sis, those weren't hits. And since the fall of Jive when she was passed over to RCA, we've gotten-- oh, yeah. Britney Jean. :frenchy: Even FF, while I may think its generic as hell, held some sort of cohesion. Yes, we got Glory with RCA, but that took them replacing the executive producer, and it took them, what, a year and a half before they scrapped the most of what they had and started over?

Yes, I'm sure Britney despised them, on some level. She probably blamed them, in part, for her success. But I'm sorry, they knew a hell of a lot better than RCA ever will when it comes to Britney, so no hate here.

10 hours ago, Via Infinito said:

RCA is way way worse. It's known as the record label to ruin so many artists.

They ruined Kelly Clarkson,

they f**king ruined Tinashe so bad

They ruined Xtina

They ruined Britney

Uncreative, boring promo, hardly any funds into music videos

that 2 single run **** that they got going on.

Slow, messy uncoordinated releases

It's telling when you look at their roster and 99% of artists are flops

Yess!! Even Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne and Sia all left RCA. 

RCA is the record label that decided to sign Jacob Sartorius :ririshade2:

Archived