Am I the only one to hate Jive?

Britology

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

I used to hate Jive with the same reasons but now that she is RCA I begin to realize she was better with Jive. Right now she’s a dime a dozen on RCA’s roster and I felt with Jive at least they are emotionally invested in her and now I realize they were just being overbearing parents as oppose to RCA that treats her like she’s adopted (technically she is) Jive did let her have freedom and let her grow a bit. I think though the FF era was shady and that whole era should’ve had happen. 

Jive babied her and RCA just doesn’t care. 

How can you possibly hate jive? 

I’m sorry, but it will be forever in my heart.

Jive actually cared about Britney as an artist and her music as a product,while RCA cares about nothing bigger than money. If Britney was still under jive’s power, BJ would have never happened and Glory wouldn’t flop with two singles like it did. 

There are the negative aspects, obviously. She didn’t have 100% freedom and her deep Whitney Houston voice is never used for records but I’m sure that Britney could do it otherwise they wouldn’t obligate her. 

So yea, stuff from jive was 90% positive and 10% negative while rca is 70% and only 30% positive.

How do you hate them

If young britney got her way she would be out her singing sherly crow music and would've been forgotten about after her first album

They made britney find the unique qualities in her voice because let's be honest her natural singing voice was beautiful but it was not remarkable at all singles on, bomt that lacked the baby voice didnt do well. 

Jive pushed britney to do what was working so she could stay successful and that jive could make money cus jive still had to make money regardless 

51 minutes ago, Phonography423 said:

Jive is responsible for making her a star. So I have nothing bad to say about them :mcwave:

Right? Like, it’s not like they ****** her over in some big way like many record labels have done to many big pop acts in the past. I.e. LaFace Records with TLC. Jive was instrumental in making Britney a legend.

I seriously miss them. No, she wasn’t allowed much room for creativity but when she was, we got smashes like Toxic.

Rebellion and honestly the rest of the Original Doll/Blackout demos are severely overrated in this fan base. Yeah, Rebellion is a really rough demo and I can only image how it would sound finished, but that song just wasn’t it. And just an opinion of mine but I never cared for the bonus songs on britney (IE I run away)

they handled her smartly. Given the circumstances of 07, they really did their best. RCA was the true death of her career. I’m so glad Glory was such an amazing album music wise, but it was handled so poorly

1 minute ago, Born2Die said:

I liked Jive. They made Britney their priority artist and gave the fans so many DVDs, constant music, singles, videos. Now we're lucky to even get two music videos per album...

fifth-harmony-dublin-concert-ally-brooke

Their Britney merchandise game, especially with their dvd releases were amazing.

:hideous:But how do we know if those songs were rejected not by Britney herself? I mean sometimes when you write and record songs they may sound good at first but then you listen them later and you're like :zoomzoom:

:well:Also I think that Britney had pretty high creative freedom until ~2008 but maybe she just wasn't very creative at times. You see, her contract now says that she has creative freedom and her both albums with RCA are pretty much made for her :janet:

:jlostare:About the baby voice thing. I think it's was actually because Max Martin. He tried the same formula with Britney's voice that was used on Nsync songs and I think britney was pretty okay with it until she wanted to do mature stuff like BRITNEY & ITZ (hence she dropped Max)

10 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

Everyday and Rebellion were terrible. They just did their job. They let her release good songs that she had imput in like Everytime.

Rebellion maybe, Everyday is a sin you say that, that song itself is better than the entire Glory album :lessons:

Edit: I forgot to add, that it is not even an official track and still slays so much. 

RCA is way way worse. It's known as the record label to ruin so many artists.

They ruined Kelly Clarkson,

they f**king ruined Tinashe so bad

They ruined Xtina

They ruined Britney

Uncreative, boring promo, hardly any funds into music videos

that 2 single run **** that they got going on.

Slow, messy uncoordinated releases

It's telling when you look at their roster and 99% of artists are flops

Britney was the star of the record company, the golden girl of Barry Weiss.It's true that they and Max changed their voice and I think they left her within what they could creative freedom .I think Britney wanted to end all this,appeared original doll and they  gave power to Larry and everything went to take wind.

13 hours ago, I gotcha on my Radar said:

And the worst one, they don't let her sing with her natural great voice because it is opposing her image. And now her image is that she has no talent and can not sing.

stop with this bullshit, the 'baby' voice is her trademark and made her famous and probably without it she wouldnt be who she is 

2 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Rebellion maybe, Everyday is a sin you say that, that song itself is better than the entire Glory album :lessons:

Edit: I forgot to add, that it is not even an official track and still slays so much. 

its ok at best. The only reason you think its good is because you can actually hear her singing. Take that away, give that song to any artist you dont like and you will realize... its bland.

Archived