Am I the only one to hate Jive?

Britology

I once read a comment on breathe heavy, years ago, a fb one I think that said 

“JIVE spelt backwards is EVIL” 

and my housemate was just snapchatting and sent me it, I still have it, where I say it in the background and she suddenly stops posing and looks at me like :xfactorlook: and goes “what” And cracks up laughing.

at the time, I was adamant JIVE were awful, I do agree they didn’t give her freedom but I miss her success and everyone knowing  her new songs and them being played everywhere. Now she’s seen as like a “has been” and JIVE didn’t allow that until the end. Wouldn’t say RCA gave her anymore freedom musically than JIVE, less tbh. 

Why is mood ring only on the Japanese album version?:zoomzoom:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are so many people here talking about how much they hate her “baby voice”? That’s literally all of Britney’s music. I don’t know why you all pretend britney secretly has a voice like Mariah Carey. She doesn’t. Her lower register isn’t as strong. When she goes into her higher notes she is going into what you all call her “baby voice” anyway. You can hear it in the Whitney demo and you can still hear it in her Instagram videos (albeit when the pitch is properly adjusted) It’s a singing style. It’s the same singing style that made all of you britards stans in the first place

The bottom line of this post is that Britney needs a new record label. I don’t even know if she needs a new team anymore because everything went downhill as soon as she was brought in RCA. Her team was fine up into this point. 

She needs a record label that actually cares, she needs management that pushes her more (look at mariah, as soon as her manager was fired after New Years 2016 homegirl is SERVING), and Britney needs a bit more encouragement. And honestly? If she got the two previous things, she would probably feed off of people caring and pushing her to her fullest potential

2 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

They didn't reject all of them, they rightfully put them as bonus tracks, where they belonged. At least in the case of some. I'm sorry, sis, those weren't hits. And since the fall of Jive when she was passed over to RCA, we've gotten-- oh, yeah. Britney Jean. :frenchy: Even FF, while I may think its generic as hell, held some sort of cohesion. Yes, we got Glory with RCA, but that took them replacing the executive producer, and it took them, what, a year and a half before they scrapped the most of what they had and started over?

Yes, I'm sure Britney despised them, on some level. She probably blamed them, in part, for her success. But I'm sorry, they knew a hell of a lot better than RCA ever will when it comes to Britney, so no hate here.

Who was the original EP? I don’t think I ever heard of this.

i remember britney recording for glory as early as 2014 but I never thought it was for any particular album. I think she herself just made it clear she was experimenting a lot. I remember her saying she recorded with Disclosure(?) and we never heard the track (which I think would be pretty cool, especially with what they were giving Sam Smith at the time)

8 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Who was the original EP? I don’t think I ever heard of this.

i remember britney recording for glory as early as 2014 but I never thought it was for any particular album. I think she herself just made it clear she was experimenting a lot. I remember her saying she recorded with Disclosure(?) and we never heard the track (which I think would be pretty cool, especially with what they were giving Sam Smith at the time)

I have no idea who the original was, I only know Karen was brought in well after the recording process had begun. I know that some fans believe they had an entire era lined up for Pretty Girls/Pretty World, and there are vans with the Pretty Girls logo to back that up, but there's only the picture and the person who knew the most about all of it doesn't post here regularly anymore.

31 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

I have no idea who the original was, I only know Karen was brought in well after the recording process had begun. I know that some fans believe they had an entire era lined up for Pretty Girls/Pretty World, and there are vans with the Pretty Girls logoing to back that up, but there's only the picture and the person who knew the most about all of it doesn't post here regularly anymore.

Alsdkslgfka I forgot about all of that

i remember Larry saying he wanted britney to focus on just dropping singles but all she dropped was pretty girls. I feel like britney treated PG the same way Ariana treated Focus leading up to Dangerous Woman

Whatevs tho here’s to hoping B10 will be good and the promo won’t suck 

Archived