Am I the only one to hate Jive?

Britology

I was thinking about it, Jive is terrible.

I know they are no longer Britney's Label, not that RCA are any better.

Jive just did not allow every possible piece of talents exsists in Britney. They rejected the songs she composed by herself (which are btw, her best ones. Rebellion, I Run Away, Everyday, ect.),

And the worst one, they don't let her sing with her natural great voice because it is opposing her image. And now her image is that she has no talent and can not sing.

What do you all think about Jive? And btw, what are your hopes and expectations from B10?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

Everyday and Rebellion were terrible. They just did their job. They let her release good songs that she had imput in like Everytime.

Finally someone said it. I never got the fascination with Rebellion. I guess there’s more demand for something you can’t have.

Although I’m sure Jive has its cons let’s not forget that they are the same label behind In The Zone and Blackout. 

They actually cared about Britney's career and knew how to promote her properly.

Jive Records: 

- got all of her albums certified Platinum

- sent her songs to Radio stations

- got her albums to Number 1

- got her number 1 singles 

- had good first week sales

they never let her release an album with just 2 singles. 

Well, the only thing I know is that everything started to flop starting with Criminal, the first single released under RCA. I know there are other factors too, but I think Jive somehow managed to make things work. Britney singles kept coming even with the radio ban, even Blackout didn't do that bad considering the circumstances. I think they really cared about Britney, even if it was just for the money.

RCA is more like, "oh yeah, we inherited Britney from Jive, coo" as some kind of trophy but they just seem to care more about other newer artists than her. Or they just simply have no idea of what to do. Remember how that executive said Glory had like 4 or 5 potential singles?

But when MM started to flop and radio refused to play it anymore their "solution" was to send it "remixed" with Me, Myself and I out of all the things they could've done, like perhaps, release a better song as a single, or a proper MM remix with no other song, and with a new videoclip :umok:  So yeah, they either don't care about it or have no clue how to treat her, as in the sense of her brand and legacy.

Regarding Jive, I think they did their work and they did it right. If they "forced her" to sing like that it's because she could, and because it worked, or otherwise none of us would be here stanning for her 20 years later or people attending her residency in Las Vegas. She had the chance to do her own song with Everytime and her vocals are nowhere close to that deep voice ya'll crave for. She came out around a time when artists weren't demanded to be songwriters or play instruments, in order to be "performers". People would've thought the same if she did, like she actually did because she did write some songs and played the piano, just because of the fact that she what she did was pop. 

I prefer it over RCA honestly..

They really didnt let her experiment tho
They shut her down with Original Doll album
They gave up on her with Blackout but after seeing its success, they took over and Circus was born
FF was born cuz they needed money

they took some bad decsisions in her career too..but everyone wants to be successful..
I dont know how yall would feel if she flopped on her 3-4th album like Xtina,Katy,Gaga did..she had longevity thanks to them

I am happy with her music honestly and I understand how they did her dirty by not letting her have more freedom..

33 minutes ago, MyQueenBritney said:

Although I’m sure Jive has its cons let’s not forget that they are the same label behind In The Zone and Blackout. 

They actually cared about Britney's career and knew how to promote her properly.

Jive Records: 

- got all of her albums certified Platinum

- sent her songs to Radio stations

- got her albums to Number 1

- got her number 1 singles 

- had good first week sales

they never let her release an album with just 2 singles. 

:staysalty:

Archived