Britney's X Factor Contestant Diamond White Shades Britney, Praises Demi Lovato

Soni

Apart from what she said about Britney (which, by the way, I believe to be true; aside from music, our queen has the communicative skills of an amoeba, so being a mentor was destined to be a failure), why does this wannabe have to drag someone to uplift somebody else? Oh right, she's only like...twelve.
And if she's gonna act all hardcore, then at least she should say Britney's name... But she knows she can't, because she's unworthy of doing so. NEXT!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never heard of her, to be honest,  I googled her to see who she was. This world is kinda weird though, she wants to wish someone well and a great recovery by also shading someone else, it doesn't make sense. In my opinion, she wants some publicity in any way and it takes the authenticity, if there was any, to begin with, from what was supposed to be a nice gesture. We at least know she doesn't choke on modesty "I'm always booked, bought 2 cars before turning 16" so good for her. But she seems like the kind of person who'll release a tell-all or who'll do a reality TV and bash the people who fed her. Not classy :receipts2:

4 hours ago, ZAM9315 said:

The fact britney hasnt even said a word about demi is truly appalling. They were judges together on xfactor, she made britney more comfortable and always stuck up for her even after britney left, and when Simon was dogging britney.  Seriously brit. show some respect and sympathy for someone who idolizes you :(

Are you serious? Just because it isn't in a tweet or social media, you don't know whether Britney has reached out or not in a private matter. Besides, it just happened on less than 24 hours ago-- I doubt Demi is on Twitter looking at her mentions.

The fact britney hasnt even said a word about demi is truly appalling. They were judges together on xfactor, she made britney more comfortable and always stuck up for her even after britney left, and when Simon was dogging britney.  Seriously brit. show some respect and sympathy for someone who idolizes you :(

Delete it fat.

The fact that you think britney has to let you know whether or not she has reached out to demi is appalling. I agree.

Does anyone else agree? Britney had her hard times and from what I can see from GP is still mocked for that ? But now Demi and other celebrities go through their hard times and people have more sympathy and understanding?

Mental health is being spoke about more and I think it’s amazing, going through issues myself, but I can’t stand when people pick and choose when it’s sympathetic and when it’s a joke...:britannoyed:

No shade, but people have more sympathy for Demetrius because she hasn't done anything stupid publicly...  (example amanda bynes did stupid things on social media) where as Demetrius put up this facade that's she's fine and a symbol for survivor etc... so people would naturally feel more empathic when she suddenly overdose... and you can't really joke about someone overdosing since they nearly died. If brit overdosed i don't think anyone would make fun of that, but she never overdosed, she was caught doing stupid things in public (e.g. driving with a toddler on her lap :blank:, hitting people with an umbrella) so people would naturally make fun of that.

so no, i don't think it's double standards, i think it's to do with the person and if they did crazy things publicly, in brit's case it wasn't really her fault since paparazzi were on her 24/7. 

Not saying that's a good reason for joking about someone's mental health, but just putting some rationale/perpsective into it.

6 minutes ago, Dripping For Britney said:

Does injecting yourself with ****** actually count as a mental health problem? I mean I know she's had mental health issues in the past and I respect that but she's mostly just an idiot in my opinion :checkit:

im sick of hearing about this demi **** already.. we get it you not sober even tho you claimed to be for so long. You were open and honest you addressed it not everyone stop talking about it already. stop glorifing it already. people just cant stop talking about that ****.

Mental health is still a big taboo for some. To say that Demi did this as a cry for attention makes me sick. This is EXACTLY the kind of comments that make her do these things. I have been dealing with depression/suicide thoughts since I was 16 until now, and I am 25. Depression is a still a daily thing for me but now I am really in recovery and wanting to close that book in my life for good. Everyone goes through it differently. Demi obviously searches for an escape in *****/alcohol. So to say this was her choice to do that, don’t say that if you never been dealing with this kind of stuff cause it’s nothing like that. Being rich and famous doesn’t mean you have it all. It can happen to everyone, but people need to be opening up more about. I’m not ashamed, en neither should you or she. I hope she cancels everything and goes to seek help. 

It’s a different time. People like Britney changed how the public views the damage that celebrity can cause to mental health. But mainly it’s because 

A) Britney was never given the respect as an artist she deserved and she was also packaged as picture perfect pop star, so many people enjoyed making fun of her downfall. Demi hasn’t had that. 

B) Demi had recovered, and her issues with relapsing in the past and recently only became public recently, so people have sympathy for her. 

C) instances where Britney’s life was in danger due to her mental health and other personal issues were swept under the rug. Like the alleged attempted suicide and the whole Sam lutfi thing. Even the comments she made while shaving her head and her crying outside her house weren’t really seen for what they were at the time. People saw a crazy girl shaving her head, not a young woman wanting people to leave her tf alone. People remember the spectacle not the issue itself. 

1 minute ago, rck92 said:

Mental health is still a big taboo for some. To say that Demi did this as a cry for attention makes me sick. This is EXACTLY the kind of comments that make her do these things. I have been dealing with depression/suicide thoughts since I was 16 until now, and I am 25. Depression is a still a daily thing for me but now I am really in recovery and wanting to close that book in my life for good. Everyone goes through it differently. Demi obviously searches for an escape in *****/alcohol. So to say this was her choice to do that, don’t say that if you never been dealing with this kind of stuff cause it’s nothing like that. Being rich and famous doesn’t mean you have it all. It can happen to everyone, but people need to be opening up more about. I’m not ashamed, en neither should you or she. I hope she cancels everything and goes to seek help. 

:perfclap:

Archived