Britney's X Factor Contestant Diamond White Shades Britney, Praises Demi Lovato

Soni

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks God times have changed and we wont see another star being treated like they did with Britney. The media and society in general are more aware of mental illnesses and addictions. Of course there still are stupids who think that Brit's breakdown was funny (mostly because she was photographed and filmed 24/7 and that never happened again with another star,) but luckily they aren't the majority anymore.

2 minutes ago, IAmMonaLisa1981 said:

demi is open and honest about it maybe.

Honest? She lied and lied about her addictions and her stints in rehab since the beginning. :brityawning: Sadly, it was only matter of time before she overdosed mainly because she never had the help needed or, when she got it, she didn't have support from her family or magnament (The X-Factor is the best example... They took her out of rehab to pretend that she wasn't an addict and put her to work on the show). 

Britney is actually often credited as being the person who helped shift the public reaction to mental health in celebrities and isnregualrly referenced as being a survivor in the face of the bloodthirsty media.

And although some may mock, she is overwhelmingly treated with kid gloves to this day. Instead of commenting critiquing her voice, dancing or body, critics for both her live shows and records often focus on how ‘happy’ she looks or sounds. I feel people are exceptionally forgiving to Britney and are very aware of her issues, sometimes to the point of making them a bigger deal than they are.

2 hours ago, DownAndUp said:

Does anyone else agree? Britney had her hard times and from what I can see from GP is still mocked for that ? But now Demi and other celebrities go through their hard times and people have more sympathy and understanding?

Mental health is being spoke about more and I think it’s amazing, going through issues myself, but I can’t stand when people pick and choose when it’s sympathetic and when it’s a joke...:britannoyed:

I think society is way more sensitive to these things now yes but also because Demi and others owned it, came out and really talked about their struggles so ppl are more sympathetic to it. Not saying Britney has to also, but Ppl are able to understand and really relate when you’re open and vulnerable. Britney and her team still act like nothing happened during her breakdown and most of how she is personally and professionally is such a mystery that ppl don’t understand. Ppl really can’t have compassion for something that is never discussed. She or her team haven’t even said if or anything she suffers from so of course ppl are gonna make jokes because they don’t know anything is wrong. But I think a lot of ppl also feel bad for her and treat her very sensitively because they remember 07. I think she gets away with a lot of things because ppl remember what she had to bounce back from tbh. 

Yeah I met her a long time ago, we did a few shows together, and I told her I was a big Britney fan, she was like, "eh... I didn't really work with her too much..." And I'm like you're lucky you worked with her at all... I'm sorry you had to be in the same room as Will.i.am though. :useeinthis: But all in all be kind, she's a very sweet girl, who has worked her butt off to support her controlling stage parents who are a nightmare. So let's show a little empathy for somebody who needs Godney in their life. 

Archived