Non-Americans! Does your country still care about britney?

Stannedforever

21 minutes ago, e-mailmyheart said:

P.S.: I know it has nothing to do with this theme but Madonna is now much talked  here because now she lives in my city, Lisbon, capital of Portugal :kiss:

:madonna:Oh I would freak out if Madge lived in my city. Has she ever been spotted walking around the city? Imagine if she just would stand there next to you in a supermarket:OMGney:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

:madonna:Oh I would freak out if Madge lived in my city. Has she ever been spotted walking around the city? Imagine if she just would stand there next to you in a supermarket:OMGney:

Yes it has already been photographed in houses of fado (traditional music of my country) and in other cities of my country like Sintra and Praia da Comporta. His son, David Banda plays football in the children's coats of the biggest football club in Portugal, Benfica.

Imagem relacionada

Imagem relacionada

She has already posted several photos and videos on her instagram and says she is in love with fado and how it can influence her next album.

If you have never heard of fado here is an example of what it is with two of Portugal's greatest voices of this genre of music:

Im from Mexico, but now living in Italy.

In mexico the gp remember her of course.. but nobody knows what is she doing.
The LGBT people is  mad with her because she does not care very much about having a huge career like in the old days.

So far in Italy I have felt the same; gp just remember her as nostalgia. 

7 hours ago, e-mailmyheart said:

Yes it has already been photographed in houses of fado (traditional music of my country) and in other cities of my country like Sintra and Praia da Comporta. His son, David Banda plays football in the children's coats of the biggest football club in Portugal, Benfica.

Imagem relacionada

Imagem relacionada

She has already posted several photos and videos on her instagram and says she is in love with fado and how it can influence her next album.

If you have never heard of fado here is an example of what it is with two of Portugal's greatest voices of this genre of music:

to be fair they don't really care about Britney here in Portugal for almost 10 years tbh. her last highlight was Circus/Femme Fatale (start) mostly and it's done.

I live in indonesia. literally just about yesterday my coworker asked me if i saw celine few weeks ago when she had a concert here and I said no and we ended up talking about music until I said I stan britney. she was like "but she's.. old now? she's not touring anymore I guess". I explained that she IS touring rn :iwin:

I'm from Venezuela and she's one of the biggest international artists there. Huge fanbase. Even Britney Jean went Platinum.

I've been living in Argentina for over a year and she's big here. I listen to her music on the radio (specially BOMT or OIDIA) and you can still she's not forgotten. I think Glory went Top 5 here for weeks, so... not bad.

55 minutes ago, Ryan Godspeed said:

I live in indonesia. literally just about yesterday my coworker asked me if i saw celine few weeks ago when she had a concert here and I said no and we ended up talking about music until I said I stan britney. she was like "but she's.. old now? she's not touring anymore I guess". I explained that she IS touring rn :iwin:

britney is "old" but theyre talking about celine? LOL 

Mexico here.

Most of the latest news are talking about her wardrobe malfunctions at POM tour:

1892323-N2.JPG

About radio, music and charts, I really don't even know how to search for that info. I think Make Me... kinda charted but I really doubt Slumber Party figured anywhere. The other day I went to the electronics store to buy some batteries and they had My Prerogative on the radio though, does that help? :unbothered:

I'm from Argentina and yes. The press always posts random news about her (the tour, the IG videos, the money she will earn in Vegas, etc). For example, the other day they posted about the wardrobe malfunction on the tour. :orangu:

And thanks God, they always use recent or good pics. (The 1st one is not nice but at least it's recent lol)

britney.jpg britney-spears.jpgbrtiney.jpg1121_britney_spears_g.jpgbritney-spears.jpg

And we don't have an official chart :wyd: And I don't listent to the radio so I don't know about that. But she has a pretty big fanbase here and her songs and albums are always #1 on iTunes. I

Portugal and no. They rarely put her on radio, even when she releases a single. You can hear Scream & Shout though.

And of course they give her media coverage but that's because she'a a celeb, not because they like her.

Australia

Make Me made a dent in the charts (very briefly) but most people here wouldn’t even know that she released Glory.

As far as media coverage, it’s literally just tabloids talking about “how she got that body”.

You still hear most of her back-catalogue at the gay clubs though. And she has a lot of stans here like myself but in general people here don’t take her very seriously as an artist.

On 7/22/2018 at 9:37 AM, WilderWein said:

I am from THE NETHERLANDS. My boring *** country loves boring **** like Ed Sheeran and Adele. The girls adore Taylor Swift and Beyoncé. When I mention Britney they always ask what's she's doing. It's sad.

1. 8 articles on the website I always see everyone visit for news

2. I am not gonna translate all of them but the last one was about Federline wanting more money

3. They feels its not right for him to want more money and one says they should go to Judge Judy

4. britney-spears-wint-vanguard-award-van-h

5. Scream & shout... LOL

6.BOMT, Oops, Sometimes and Scream&Shout

7. I heard I Wanne Go at the gym the other day but in general she's not played a lot, only classics now and then. She is often played in the 90's charts and stuff like that.

Also from the Netherlands here, and yes that is accurate. They have these playlists with ‘bad and wrong music’ on the radio and Britney seems to make the list every freaking time. So sad. 

Also I think most of the gays only like her here. All of my friends seem to not like her... 

In Spain her #1 hits are Oops, MATM and Scream and Shout. I remember her being everywhere around 2011, I wasn't a fan back then but the FF era got a lot of coverage and as a member of the general audience there I remember knowing about TTWE and IWG edit: Criminal, Womanizer as well

No Britney album has ever been #1, BOMT, Oops, and Glory have been the closest at #2. Spain was in a weird Madonna era back then so everything Madonna released from American Life was at least top 5 here, Nothing Fails was #1 lol

It's like I live in bizarro world lol

Australia.

There's not many news articles about her.  Most of them are just other people referencing her or a general article talking about 90's music and has her name on it. 

These two are her articles:

https://www.who.com.au/britney-spears-honoured-with-a-second-vanguard-awardhttps://www.who.com.au/britney-spears-honoured-with-a-second-vanguard-award

https://www.marieclaire.com.au/britney-spears-painting-sold

Last charting song is Make Me at #39... that's really bad considering it's australia xD the #1 spot sells like 1000 copies... so I can't imagine #39 :mcorangu:

Not on mainstream radio, those radios play stupid *** music (mostly new that are in top 10) and it's always rap or some weird ****.  Her songs still play on radios that are made for 80's 90's music :mcorangu: I prefer those anyway, because I'm familiar with the songs. 

Archived