Britney Backing Vocalists

Posted (edited)

So many vocalists are on Britney songs. Sometimes uncredited. It’s honestly more rewarding picking through vocals then trying to find pitch demos. Latrelle was on Boys this whole time and the album Booklet says all vocals are performed by Britney for example 😅

Britney Spears - Till The World Ends (Backing Vocals)

Britney Spears - Gasoline (Writer’s Vocals) [Femme Fatale]

Bonnie McKee - Seal It With A Kiss (Britney Spears Writer’s Vocals) [Femme Fatale]

Don Philip - From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart (Britney Spears Backing Vocals)

Latrelle - Boys (Backing Vocals) [Britney Vocals]

Britney Spears - The Other Side (Writer’s Vocals) [BOMT Vocals]

Britney Spears - Shadow (Writer’s Vocals) [In The Zone Vocals]

Britney Spears - Deep In My Heart (Backing Vocals) [BOMT Vocals]

Kasia Livingston - Unusual You (Britney Spears Writer’s Vocals) [Circus Vocals]

Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me (Writer’s Vocals) [Femme Fatale Vocals]

Britney Spears - Rock Me In (Writer’s Vocals) [Circus Vocals]

Max Martin - If U Seek Amy (Britney Spears Writer’s Vocals) [Circus Vocals]

Rosette - Til It’s Gone (Britney Spears Writer’s Vocals) [Britney Jean Vocals]

Kara DioGuardi - 911 (Britney Spears Writer’s Vocals) [Blackout Vocals]

Bonnie McKee & Katy Perry - Ooh La La (Britney Spears Writer’s Vocals) [Britney Jean]

Candice Nelson - Phonography (Britney Spears Writer’s Vocals) [Circus Vocals]

Imogen Heap - Over To You Now (Britney Spears Writer’s Vocals) [In The Zone Vocals]

Kesha & Debi - Lace And Leather (Britney Spears Backing Vocals)

Kara & Jenny - Brave New Girl (Britney Spears Writer’s Vocals) [In The Zone Vocals]

Chyna Royal - (I Got That) Boom Boom (Britney Spears Writer’s Vocals) [In The Zone Vocals]

Windy Wagner - Shattered Glass (Britney Spears Backing Vocals) [Circus Vocals]

Claude Kelly & Cathy Dennis - Circus (Britney Spears’ Writer’s Vocals) [Circus Vocals]

Myah Marie - Circus (Britney Spears Backing Vocals) [Circus Vocals]

Kinnda - If U Seek Amy (Britney Spears Backing Vocals) [Circus Backing Vocals]

Mickey Shiloh - He About To Lose Me (Britney Spears Backing Vocals) [Femme Fatale Vocals]

Ina Wroldsen - He About To Lose Me (Britney Spears Writer's Vocals) [Femme Fatale]

Ester, Myah, Bonnie & Crystal - (Drop Dead) Beautiful (Britney Spears Writer’s Vocals) [FF Vocals]

Kasia Livingston & Myah Marie - Scary (Britney Spears Writer’s Vocals) [Femme Fatale]

Heather Bright & Myah Marie - Trouble For Me (Britney Spears Writer’s Vocals) [Femme Fatale Vocals]

Phoebe Ryan - Man On The Moon (Britney Spears Writer Vocals) [Glory]

HARLOE - Love Me Down (Britney Spears Writer’s Vocals) [Glory]

Bonnie McKee & Coco Morier - How I Roll (Britney Spears Writer’s Vocals) [Femme Fatale]

Bonnie McKee - Up N' Down (Britney Spears Background Vocals) [Femme Fatale]

Jeanette Olsson - Selfish (Britney Spears Backing Vocals) [Femme Fatale]

Mickey Shiloh - Don't Keep Me Waiting (Britney Spears Writer's Vocals) [Femme Fatale]

Edited by Britney Xposed
  • Love 5
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Here is the backing vocalist that did a lot of the vocals during the early Max Martin days. She talks about doing the backing vocals for 'Cinderella'

Deep in My Heart (she actually sings some):

I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman:

Selfish (she admits that she sang to sound like Britney):

Edited by Gypsy Woman
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Gypsy Woman said:

Here is the backing vocalist that did a lot of the vocals during the early Max Martin days. She talks about doing the backing vocals for 'Cinderella'

Yess! She even revealed she’s on the S&M remix! I absolutely love Jeanette!

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Gypsy Woman said:

I was just about to ask if they had background singers from the early days! Thanks for this!

this is a great positive thread 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

This is honestly so interesting. I have never paid much attention to this. Thank you for taking the time to share this! :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy: It also makes me a little bit sad. I’ve always loved her voice and I feel like her voice carry a lot of emotion when it’s not so overproduced. I always wanted an album with her raw vocals.

• Love 1

Really nice deep dive into behind the music - love threads like these. I've always delved into these sorts of things even as a kid, so when stems and all sorts of multi-tracks leaked or were provided, I couldn't help but nerd out. Whilst it's known that backing vocals give a richness to music, with harmonising, adlibs and all sorts, a lot of people I found don't often realise that the reason why they also need other singers is that, even if you backed your own lead vox, you'd end up sounding more or less very similar to yourself every take, with minor variations in each wave form. As a result, you'd mostly be double downing on the same kind of vox unless it's processed (which is why you see main vox being pitched high or low in the main part, or some sort of effect applied). Adding in both male and female vocals just adds that fullness, and also given that backing vocals don't match up waveform wise in the main part, it ends up supporting rather than competing/cannabilising. Real cool to see the many people involved though, which doesn't take away from the artist at the helm - just the way it goes, and it's great!

• Love 1
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Eternalhouse said:

These are actually so cool!

It's always fresh to figure out another stem in songs. The layers are incredible.

Thank you! I even dug Britney’s vocal out of the follow me demo!

Britney Spears - Follow Me Demo Vocals #britneyspears #shorts #music

Edited by Britney Xposed
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Added a few more😇

Kasia Livingston - Unusual You (Britney Spears Writer’s Vocals) [Circus Vocals]

Britney Spears - Deep In My Heart (Backing Vocals) [BOMT Vocals]

Britney Spears - The Other Side (Writer’s Vocals) [BOMT Vocals]

Britney Spears - Shadow (Writer’s Vocals) [In The Zone Vocals]

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block