Non-Americans! Does your country still care about britney?

Stannedforever

:mcwave:I'm from this small country called Finland and I noticed that Britney still gets media cover in here every once in a while. So I made this little poll for my fellow non-americans to see if britney is still worldwide queen. 

First I want you to go to your country's biggest news sites and search Britney related news. Then answer these questions.

(tell your country first) 

1. How many britney related news are there from this year? (if none, when was the latest britnry related article released?) 

2. Traslate any britney related title to us

3. If there's any comments, are they positive or negative (translate any) 

4. What pictures they are using on the articles

Now go to your country's official charts. Search Britney spears

5. What is her last charting song? 

6. What is her highest charting song? 

7. Is she still played on mainstream radio in your country? If so, what's the last song you've heard and when?

:nicki2:Thanks for answering. I will answer my own questions in next message. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Brichney.

Tunisia here.

Nope, they don't but every now and then I see Facebook shares of her songs. I've seen people share Overprotected, Toxic, Everytime, and BOMT. And she actually gets likes so people remember her. But other than that, they never play her songs on the radio, the last time I heard one of her songs here was in 2010 and it was Womanizer. In 2007, she was talked about a lot, now she gets zero coverage. 

So obviously i'm from finland

1. There are 12 britney related articles released this year on finnish biggest news site "iltalehti" 

2. "Britney is still as fit as she was on 90s - this is her workout" and the article is about her instagram workout videos

3. Article about kevin wanting more money has a lot of comments dissing kevin for being greedy

4 This is the most used photo of her (among with other glaad pics) 

e8b6fc0bec3146cda26a833ae214819f.jpg.webp

5. Her last charting album is glory  at #8 and song is work ***** #9:ipass:

6. BOMT was obviously her biggest hit on finland too but she actually had a lot of hits here. Even my prerogative went #1

7. Some radio stations play her pretty often, top 40 stations sometimes has throwback programs and her songs are played. Work *****, bomt, piece of me and womanizer are played mostly lol

I am from THE NETHERLANDS. My boring *** country loves boring **** like Ed Sheeran and Adele. The girls adore Taylor Swift and Beyoncé. When I mention Britney they always ask what's she's doing. It's sad.

1. 8 articles on the website I always see everyone visit for news

2. I am not gonna translate all of them but the last one was about Federline wanting more money

3. They feels its not right for him to want more money and one says they should go to Judge Judy

4. britney-spears-wint-vanguard-award-van-h

5. Scream & shout... LOL

6.BOMT, Oops, Sometimes and Scream&Shout

7. I heard I Wanne Go at the gym the other day but in general she's not played a lot, only classics now and then. She is often played in the 90's charts and stuff like that.

I'm from Italy and i can tell you that most people forgot about her and tbh i don't blame them, her last tour here was The Onyx Hotel Tour (14 yrs ago) :imok: even tho Glory debuted at #1 here (her first #1 in Italy) :makeitrain: but if u ask most people (at least where i live) about Britney they answer you: "Britney? Oh, that singer that shaved her head?" :rlynow: i'm pretty sure most of them are trolls and pretend not to know her but still, it's bad that they still talk about something that happened 11 yrs ago! now, i don't wanna sound overdramatic but sometimes i think that some people (media, haters, etc...) wanted her to go through what she went through, it's sad because it's ok if you don't like some artists but hating the person? imo it's just wrong and disgusting especially cause she's so sweet and she never talked crap about anyone but still, a lot of people hate her, it's unfair... :crying3:

I'm from Hungary. The news pages here still care about Britney, but not that much they used to be, obviously. They always cover her more interesting insta posts (working out with Sam, her kids, etc). There's 5 "real" news article from this year, the others are just bullshitting

"Britney Spears has a nip slip again":britoverit: they state that she had as many wardrobe malfunctions as Kylie Jenner but they mention that she's a professional and it's normal that her clothes move from their place cause she dances so hard and she's so energetic. They mention Britney was nowhere to be seen recently but now she's started her Piece of Me tour

There's numerous praise articles about Sam being the one for her, sons are how big, her beauty, her fit shape, her revealing clothes and sexiness.."she raised like a phoenix, "she's sexier than ever" and about her recent insta photo with her in a beige crop top and shorts and boots they say "she wasn't this beautiful since 1998, she looks like her 16 year old self":)

Her latest charting songs are Slumber Party and Make Me yaay. I remember hearing them on the radio, Make Me was playing a lot 2016-17:clap: 

Make Me #6, Slumber Party #13. I'm proud!

DO YOU WANNA COME OVER is #26 I think!! I've never heard it on tho

Everytime, Toxic, MATM were #1 (the holy ITZ trinity) Womanizer was #2, Circus, I wanna go were #3 and Do Somethin' and Someday were #5 that is a big suprise for me! I've never heard Someday til I became a fan

9 minutes ago, Do Somethin' said:

I'm from Italy and i can tell you that most people forgot about her and tbh i don't blame them, her last tour here was The Onyx Hotel Tour (14 yrs ago) :imok: even tho Glory debuted at #1 here (her first #1 in Italy) :makeitrain: but if u ask most people (at least where i live) about Britney they answer you: "Britney? Oh, that singer that shaved her head?" :rlynow: i'm pretty sure most of them are trolls and pretend not to know her but still, it's bad that they still talk about something that happened 11 yrs ago! now, i don't wanna sound overdramatic but sometimes i think that some people (media, haters, etc...) wanted her to go through what she went through, it's sad because it's ok if you don't like some artists but hating the person? imo it's just wrong and disgusting especially cause she's so sweet and she never talked crap about anyone but still, a lot of people hate her, it's unfair... :crying3:

Yeah, same here, half of the GP seems to hate her. But she'd never ever done a thing that gives a sensible reason to hate her. Like... she shaved her head in 2007 and there was the umbrella incident, but that's was 11 years ago, so... and it's a well known fact that she was mentally ill and had a breakdown.

But the majority of people just don't care

5 minutes ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

Yeah, same here, half of the GP seems to hate her. But she'd never ever done a thing that gives a sensible reason to hate her. Like... she shaved her head in 2007 and there was the umbrella incident, but that's was 11 years ago, so... and it's a well known fact that she was mentally ill and had a breakdown.

But the majority of people just don't care

Exactly, it's like people forgot about the great things she did (great music, great MVs, great shows etc...) and only focus on the "bad things" i don't get it, she's such a nice, sweet and adorable woman tbh :tiffanycries:

12 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

So obviously i'm from finland

1. There are 12 britney related articles released this year on finnish biggest news site "iltalehti" 

2. "Britney is still as fit as she was on 90s - this is her workout" and the article is about her instagram workout videos

3. Article about kevin wanting more money has a lot of comments dissing kevin for being greedy

4 This is the most used photo of her (among with other glaad pics) 

e8b6fc0bec3146cda26a833ae214819f.jpg.webp

5. Her last charting album is glory  at #8 and song is work ***** #9:ipass:

6. BOMT was obviously her biggest hit on finland too but she actually had a lot of hits here. Even my prerogative went #1

7. Some radio stations play her pretty often, top 40 stations sometimes has throwback programs and her songs are played. Work *****, bomt, piece of me and womanizer are played mostly lol

finnish guy here too

Croatia here :)

I don’t remember when they care about her. Even when she was in her prime if you say you listen Britney everybody laughed. The media always trash talk, only time they were “kind” when FF tour came to Zagreb. After that they just continue to trash talk. The arena was half full, and it was kinda sad. 

I'm from Portugal.

Britney continues to be featured on celebrity pop culture and gossip programs/sites/magazines primarily on a show called "Passadeira Vermelha" (red carpet), because it's the only show I follow about that genre and generally speak well of her and how she it is Ok now. At least once a month they talk about her in the program.

Two of the most recent news about her on my country websites are about the launch of her new unisex perfume and about a cover that a famous Portuguese singer made  yesterday of "oops i did it again" in one of the biggest fetivals of music in Portugal.

Here is the translation of the article about the new perfume made by a website that has a magazine called "Lux" and the photograph they used:

"At 36, Britney Spears returns more sensual than ever"

Full of sensuality and with a look to remember the heyday of her career, Britney Spears toasted fans with a new video that set the internet on fire.

Many thought it was a teaser of a new theme and music video, but the singer unveiled the secret: it's the release of her new perfume: "Prerogative".

The name is a reference to his 2005 single "My Prerogative".

P.S.: I know it has nothing to do with this theme but Madonna is now much talked  here because now she lives in my city, Lisbon, capital of Portugal :kiss:

Archived