The Official Britney Spears 'Piece Of Me' Tour Thread - July 13

PokemonSpears

1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

yes, I was watching the clips on Youtube too, it's really good :tiffhair: I mean, not really, really good, but just like the average POM show. Actually better, because her makeup was on point.

She looks gorgeous and comfortable during Work ***** and Womanizer, but just right after she puts her hair in that messy bun during BTI, all the tics and mannerisms start. She should start with a ponytail since the beginning like back in the mermaid hair days, or they should put a giant fan in front of the stage if it gets too hot for her.

I think it's way better in person that the pathetic short clips everybody posts to make fun of her.

BUT the only way to really drown out all the 'social media hate'' is to sing a few ballads/mid-tempos live.  Sooo many people (her fans) would be excited to see it.

YET Britney being dragged online is also nothing new.  But I think she's going to do better as the tour goes on.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, zxcvb said:

I think it's way better in person that the pathetic short clips everybody posts to make fun of her.

BUT the only way to really drown out all the 'social media hate'' is to sing a few ballads/mid-tempos live.  Sooo many people (her fans) would be excited to see it.

YET Britney being dragged online is also nothing new.  But I think she's going to do better as the tour goes on.

That would be awesome, but we know it ain't happening. I think the show is so much better without the ballads right now. Now it's only that Missy Elliot mix that needs to go and put an actual song, maybe Liar or Love Me Down or anything else.

16 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

That would be awesome, but we know it ain't happening. I think the show is so much better without the ballads right now. Now it's only that Missy Elliot mix that needs to go and put an actual song, maybe Liar or Love Me Down or anything else.

But what's wrong with a few live songs in the middle of the show?

19 minutes ago, tommy_boy said:

@really really cool guy clearly was talking about the current tour, not the Vegas residency, and actually he kinda had a point. So no, not a valid comparison. :notatall:

I just said that Britney earns millions by selling less tickets. It's safe to say that she made 2 million $ already with only 6000 tickets sold. Of course Taylor can make up to 6 million$ a night but her average ticket price is under 200$. It's a great thing that Britney almost doubles that number

1 hour ago, zxcvb said:

But what's wrong with a few live songs in the middle of the show?

there's nothing wrong, I just don't think Britney will ever do that, like, she did it once with Something to Talk About it, but I just don't see her doing it every show

And if she's gonna do it as boring as Everytime, Alien and Perfume were in POM, it's better not to have anything. For example, Perfume could've been so much better even with the lipsync if she kept the neon lights from Boys, or Alien if she had a cute, spacey backdrop. Everytime had nice backdrops but her being suspended the whole time just moving her arms up and down? No thanks. The first Lucky performance used to be nice, because of the lighting and because it was shortened, then the swing ruined it.

I can handle those...what is getting beyond annoying is how she ALWAYS has to mess with her hair.  If a single strand falls in front of her face, she fixes it.  When she has a ponytail, she is ALWAYS adjusting it.  Primeney used to dance and walk around be stage with her face totally covered in her hair.

12 hours ago, DirtyMind said:

I think I kinda get what she means.  At one point on the OHT she was wearing skimpy underwear and full-on making out with a dude on a bed, and then she was in a nude bodysuit simulating ************ in a tub. She might be wearing lingerie on stage now, but she isn’t wearing provocative outfits while also doing raunchy stuff.  

But yeah, she constantly contradicts herself, so...

I get what you’re saying, but in my opinion POM became increasingly raunchy (both costumes and choreography) as the years progressed.

giphy.gif

l0MYxteBLjtx9M7lu.gif

giphy.gif

britney-spears-performing-in-las-vegas_5

britney_spears_las_vegas_stage8.jpg

britney_spears_las_vegas_stage7.jpg

v36aljma8h0z.jpg

britney_spears_las_vegas_stage6.jpg

tumblr_oxxwz4Tszl1w48wlho6_400.gif

97.jpg

tumblr_ov6k0jH0Qo1qdcxoeo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_o2l5m9m7d01qdcxoeo1_500.gif

tumblr_nxo7tgBGL81qdcxoeo1_500.gif

200w.gif

giphy.gif

HelplessAchingBarasinga-max-1mb.gif

c1404990-99f2-11e6-924a-2b77ec5a2c5b_201

3o7TKCD3EMeggEWPPG.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_nthdf3LI8Y1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

tumblr_ntfbjr0yUd1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

3o84U7YbJ1p3pUulNu.gif.dbe795b653158dd9b

3o84TS1zO22wrwvZ1C.gif.431a8b4a7ad2c323f

26gsaJmNfPhzpzO1y.gif.b23db3b1aa856c64d9

tumblr_o2wsw7iheM1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

britney-spears-performs-in-las-vegas-01-

200w.gif

giphy.gif

26gsnreFYz9PAu1SU.gif.fc36ae56c3b0b9d5d9

britney-spears-performs-at-planet-hollyw

britney-spears-performing-in-las-vegas_1

2a66c244cb976f83f124393adf14e0b4.jpg

3o6ZsU4yuT5bW0TVAs.gif

l2Jhqq3lEbIEG7MT6.gif

26ybw4MIeF1gi7Kvu.gif

tumblr_o2pa4tIZKt1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

nintchdbpict000375648104.jpg?strip=all&w

Although I agree that nothing is nearly as ****** as BOM/TOMH (particularly the former) from OHT.

9 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

It shouldn’t be surprising. She contradicts herself a lot in what she says. I think she just says whatever comes to mind and we shouldn’t even pay attention to it most of the time. I mean... She said she sings live lol that should be the biggest indicator that she just either has no clue what to say or lies most of the time 

She is singing...........her Mic just isn't on

One thing I think might help her stop messing with her hair all the time is if she went back to having a tight neat pony tail like she did for a number of POM shows in the past and the Scream and Shout Remix video.

tumblr_nu3pwllcpn1qdcxoeo1_250.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

c04719301fdc3681a0f142925c0f081e.jpg

Also maybe something like this style where her hair is down but pushed back in the front so again she's not constantly messing with it.

Britney+Spears+PNG.png

18b7c944993511e388b30e6b27d154d8_8.jpg

29 minutes ago, Spongbob said:

She is singing...........her Mic just isn't on

she isn’t singing in a way that her audience can hear her words. And she knows that. The sound over the speakers is not how she sounds in those live moments. And it doesn’t explain moments when she isn’t even moving her lips or lipping the wrong lyrics. She knows she isn’t singing live. She just likes to say things is my point 

I remember reading an interview she gave to some channel or magazine, don’t remember where, wish I could find.. Where she addresses her dancing back on her prime, saying something like

“Looking back then, even I don’t know how I used to do all that..That was top notch you know.. I used to go into the studio and rehearse only 2 times and I’d get the whole choreography, now I feel I need to rehearse more than just 2 times” 

Seriously, I SWEAR TO GOD I read this interview, it was on the beginning of POM, I even tried to find this article, but couldn’t. One thing I remeber is that she used the term “TOP NOTCH”. 

I know this have nothing to do with this thread, but I felt it’d relate with the topic about something she said. 

Did anyone also read this interview?

:awyeah:

2 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

she isn’t singing in a way that her audience can hear her words. And she knows that. The sound over the speakers is not how she sounds in those live moments. And it doesn’t explain moments when she isn’t even moving her lips or lipping the wrong lyrics. She knows she isn’t singing live. She just likes to say things is my point 

OMG do you really believe she’s singing? Why’d she care about singing over the pre recorded track when the audience can’t hear her? If so, we’d be able to hear her on the leaked soundboard sound. A mic feed would have already been leaked if she sang live, even the minimum possible. 

:brityawning:

6 minutes ago, Do Somethin' said:

IMO anxiety has nothing to do with her tics, i think she does those weird movements with her body, arms, legs and hands because she doesn't rehearse enough, it's like she forgets the steps and she improvise with these weird things just to "fill the performance" :crying1:

I agree with most of that, but regarding the hand spasms, it's definitely more than just lack of rehearsal. 

Archived