The Official Britney Spears 'Piece Of Me' Tour Thread - July 13

PokemonSpears

9 hours ago, generation glory said:

LONG REPLY. Sorry In advance.

I think you’re all correct. It’s a combination of anxiety and boredom. The anxiety is a lot more of a personal issue that she needs to learn proper coping tools. Then maybe she won’t  feel a need to do “filler moves” (knee bend/butt wipes) and fidget (readjusting her ponytail and bun) so much on stage.

She probably doesn’t realize she does this and she might not even know WHY she does it. That’s what she needs to figure out! Someone needs to address this with her and help her (maybe through therapy) get to the root of her problems.

WHY does she feel the need to constantly mess with her hair? WHY does she feel like she has to be in constant motion doing those filler moves when there isn’t even choreo intended to be there and the movements are done out of habit instead of passion? WHY is she so uncomfortable being on stage? Figure that out then try to find a solution that works.

Lots of people have anxiety and stage fright. Britney has to acknowledge the issue and learn how to make it better. She is seemingly oblivious plus no one around her wants to be the one to sit her down to tell her these things. Her anxiety may never fully go away but she can improve certain behaviors she’s developed.

The boredom factor is real too. She’s still performing IMO because to an extent she does like it, but it’s also due to the fact that she doesn’t know how to do anything else. Performing gives her something to do with herself and she makes a lot of money doing this. Her team financially benefit too of course.

Routine is good for her. But she’s not interested in learning something complex or honing her artistic craft. It doesn’t look like she’s around people who will support her like that and she’s not interacting with other artistic people regularly because if she did maybe she’d vibe off them, it could give her a push/boost on a creative level. She’s in a bubble surrounded by older, boring, non artistic, conservative types who have outdated or restrictive views on how she should go about her career.

She’s not really up for a challenge careerwise the way her peers are. I think it’s because 1- she’s over it and 2-it’ll cause her even more anxiety and stress if she feels like she has to measure up to others. It may also scare her on some level. Success can be a double edge sword. It really seems like she’s stuck in this bizarre cycle. 

I love you cause that's exactly my opinion and  I've been searching this comment since ages! I wanted to say it but I didn't have the words but you literally read my mind:wontcry:

Spoiler

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it’s what the other user said, to fill in the gabs between movements combined with anxiety. Still, I don’t understand why no one around her says anything to her about the mess that she is as a performer now? (I know that sounds harsh) I’m seeing the show with my boyfriend next month and I will be embarrassed... I don’t think I will be able to defend her anymore. I just hope it will look better in person and that the show won’t be as cheap looking as opening night.

14 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

It’s so baffling that she just can’t dance anymore. Like ppl will say she’s bored or whatever, but being bored doesn’t make u lose rhythm. If anything you’ll just look uninterested not like you never danced a day in your life

I don't know.. it really is baffling like you say.. it isn't just a "I'm done, I hate my job".. she has no rhythm, her fluidity is that of a 70 year old.. could it be the knee injuries? I mean the "Mannequin" video proves otherwise.. :mhmnod: 

10 hours ago, fintan said:

No the 'tics' are when she randomly moves her arms in weird motions, bends her knees repeatedly and does that weird hand movement where she moves her hands out like she's serving a platter of food lol. I think they kinda originated from the Work ***** choreography with all the erratic arm movements, but I think they're now built into her muscle memory. She started doing them during the beginning of Piece Of Me 2.0 and it gradually got worse. 

She didn’t do the knee bending when she started Pom 2.0 though. That was the closest we’ve ever been to primeny since 2007. I mean Just watch performances from Pom in 2016, and then compare them to her performances from this tour. The choreography is the same, but the difference is still huge!

13 hours ago, annonymous said:

But she always had anxiety, why she didnt do this during femme fatale era? 

She kinda did... remember she kept doing those crab claw movements with her hands. But she was also a lot more lethargic and now I think she's much more full of energy but doesn't know what to do with it.

On 7/14/2018 at 4:05 AM, HairFlipQueen said:

And for the people who paid the same amounts of money to see these 'dress rehearsals'? They just have to suck it up and take one for the team?

Not acceptable.

At least she's doing the (shitty) choreo.... there are other performers who do way worse and people pay tons of money to see them (see Mariah not even trying)

12 minutes ago, jennyj said:

At least she's doing the (shitty) choreo.... there are other performers who do way worse and people pay tons of money to see them (see Mariah not even trying)

Mariah does still sing live though, as well as lip synching. She needs to try harder though too, I agree. But she does sing live which is what she is known for.

Britney is known for being an amazing, committed dancer. It would be better if she didn't dance at all than what she's doing right now. This video is sad to watch, she is all over the place and not in the same league as her backup dancers.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlNtAZsny67/?taken-by=britney.spears.moments

7 hours ago, MikeLuvsBritney said:

One thing I think might help her stop messing with her hair all the time is if she went back to having a tight neat pony tail like she did for a number of POM shows in the past and the Scream and Shout Remix video.

tumblr_nu3pwllcpn1qdcxoeo1_250.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

c04719301fdc3681a0f142925c0f081e.jpg

Also maybe something like this style where her hair is down but pushed back in the front so again she's not constantly messing with it.

Britney+Spears+PNG.png

18b7c944993511e388b30e6b27d154d8_8.jpg

i don't think this would help... she'd still touch her hair or replace it with a new nervous habit. 

Archived