The Official Britney Spears 'Piece Of Me' Summer Tour Kickoff Thread

joeylibcam

The point of this post is to point out just how overly negative/dramatic exhale can get when it comes to our girl’s performance/concert wise...granted, personally I am underwhelmed/upset by the stripped down version of this tour...no wb screen, no guitar, no tree, not even a few steps for the piece of me (song) dance break etc. 

But she looks so amazing that I can see past a few unflaterring wardrobe options (even though the outfits seem to be the thing exhale fixates/comments on the most ALL the time for some reason)...And I know that whatever things she lacked performance wise will only get better as she gets acclimated to the stage again. 

But seeing as major media outlets/non stans are providing positive coverage of opening night I think we need to start changing our perspective....Im going to the July 15th show and cant wait!!! 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right ...

it’s not about them just being unflattering, it’s her own clothing ... from home. She has no stylist. She puts no effort. No taste, no class, no artistry.

She has been doing the same show for 5 YEARS and she still can’t get simple dance moves right... like how hard is it to bend your back at the end of MATM at the time the music stops? Where is her head?

The shows are fun bc of nostalgia but I can’t even show anyone the videos of her performances because they are embarassing and cringeworthy

42 minutes ago, Daxx said:

It really does make a difference, the atmosphere is totally different and believe it or not the amount of adrenaline will make you think the mess you are seeing is actually good :tiffanynod:

this is it exactly :nyschool: Everyone is always like WELL THE PEOPLE  WHO WENT ENJOYED IT!!! MUCH BETTER IN PERSON!!! 

well, of course, it’s just like being in a club with Britney music playing in the background

I think it’s because us fans are so used to same show, it’s becoming boring to them. What they are forgetting is that this is Piece Of Me just being performed outside of Vegas. You can’t expect any major changes.

I think so far, she’s been very good. And she can only get better. I can’t wait to see her next month :) 

2 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

Right? I spent like, either eighty or a hundred at Kiefer Sutherland's show, but that was for a demo version of his album before it came out, a shirt, and a signed poster. (The cd was signed, too.) I know its not the same level, but good lord. (I can't remember how much my shirt at Kesha's show was.)

But agreed.

Kesha's shirts were $35 dollars each, and I think there was a hoodie there for $75. I bought two shirts, and I lost the one with the album cover on it :O I need to find that ish pronto!!

I like the black shirt with the pink font as well as most people here. I don't think its particularly good but the rest of it looks incredibly lackluster :/ I'm gonna probably pick up that shirt and the hoodie maybe, mainly because I LOVE hoodies and don't have a Britney one :) I'm totally getting my mom a pair of those Work ***** sweats too. We have this ongoing "Work *****" joke because she works full time and a part time gig at night.

I think she'll really get a kick out of them! I'm actually surprised Brit's merch isn't MORE expensive than it is. Most shows I've been too have shirts for $35, so to see these at only $5 more is actually kind of surprising to me. Still to expensive for the quality of them  (most concert shirts are shitty quality I feel like). 

Damn, ya'll are making me nervous :( I wanted to stay off of exhale until my show because I wanted to stay away for spoilers, but came on last night to see if any merch threads were created (Thanks to whoever made a thread about Clumsy/CYM in the title. ugh)

I'm just super stoked I get to see her live. I've wanted to go to Vegas since she started but it just never happened, so the fact that shes coming to my state is amazing to me. I'm sure I'm gonna have a kick *** time no matter what. After this show, I'll have seen all of my favorite bands/artists live. And Brit's my favorite, so this is the BIG one as far as I'm concerned!

( @breatheheavy please fix whatever is wrong with mobile, again, so I can come on here after the show and write about my experience! I won't have my laptop, plznthx ;)

Anyone here who bought anything? @britneyqueers you went last night, did you buy a shirt? I'm interested in the sizing. Clothing is so all over the place for me because I'm tall, sometimes I take a Large and sometimes a XXL, depending on the sizing. I was thinking of getting the shirts in XXL because they usually shrink, but idk. Can anyone comment on the sizing of the shirts/hoodies??

Archived