The Official Britney Spears 'Piece Of Me' Summer Tour Kickoff Thread

joeylibcam

See, in both of this filler performances from her prime she was doing it better than today.

Why? Just because she was calmed. Thats all.

Girl is filled with anxiety now and it is showing in her performances. It was not like that in 2015/16 at piece of me show. At that moment POM was way better than this videos i show you. Now as many of you say her tics are everywere to be seen its just too annoying.

She is not completing one single move. She cuts the moves at half their way of flow, add the tics and everything looks atrophied.

She is just WALKING here. But... Calmed. Using most of all her facial expressions. Her theatrics. Even raising an arm has power here cause she just goes for it. Doesnt cut it in the middle to add a tic. 

I can imagine everyone around her seeing it but going like "just let her be". 

Then on her instagram we see her singing live, raising her legs, running pursuing her boys, dancing at her home, doing backflips and hand stands totally alone.

So its not like she lost phisical capability.  So why half *** everything on your own  show?? i guess she gets anxious and that she lost artistic criteria through this years. Even her new choreographies do not fit her at all and do not flow like change your mind. How can you treat your song like that? Every move is far away from the next one to be executed peoperly. Its like random movements placed together even if they do not match just do it. The same style of make me and do you wanna come over which are clearly her creation. Really bad taste. 

Less is more girl. You dont have to be dancing all the time. It used to look good when u just walked, stare, or standed there "singing" but while acting it, not looking to the floor or doing weird faces.

Has she lost EVERYTHING she knew???

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, reoha098 said:

but actually there are more :uknowit:   :tehe: lol her expressions in all of the pictures are same and like someone here mentioned before it looks like the guy in the first picture was posing with a cut board of britney , lol  i mean not just in the first picture but in all three :giggleney:

She did it in purpose:brit2016:, sense of humor I see 

I think you answered your own question. She’s just super nervous and filled with anxiety. In those videos, she’s floating across the stage and feeling the music in ways she never does now. I mean now she just looks down at her feet or the floor every five seconds and tries to rush moves to hurry up and get the songs over with. Even in songs with a lot of choreo, she’s still touching her hair or looking down, so even with more choreo and less filler space I think she’d still do the same. 

It is her nerves, but it's much more than that. If she had so much anxiety about performing, she should be rehearsing more. She obviously doesn't do that much of it, so when she finally gets on stage, she feels unprepared and nervous, and it shows.

The other major difference is her appearance...The costumes in the videos you posted are great, whereas now we only ever see her in leotards anymore, and half the time her hair is up in a messy bun. Neither of these things are especially flattering.

The bottom line is that she just doesn't care anymore. She's not incapable, she's smart. She's proven that she can put on a good show when she wants to. She just doesn't care to these days. :smokney2:

16 hours ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Anyone here who bought anything? @britneyqueers you went last night, did you buy a shirt? I'm interested in the sizing. Clothing is so all over the place for me because I'm tall, sometimes I take a Large and sometimes a XXL, depending on the sizing. I was thinking of getting the shirts in XXL because they usually shrink, but idk. Can anyone comment on the sizing of the shirts/hoodies??

i did buy a shirt! they only had the shirt i bought in up to XL. not sure about the other ones tho.

7 hours ago, LBoggie said:

I think she's just nervous, for some reason honestly. She usually always is after the first few shows, sadly. I feel like she needs to do full run-throughs of the show with a small audience prior to actual shows, tbh. 

I think is precisely the small audiences what makes her nervous. She literally has their faces in front of her. I mean, there's fans close to the stage in Vegas too, but she's most of the time in the middle of the stage, in front of the catwalk, so she's not seeing them that close, only when she walks to the sides. In this small theater she has them in front of her all of the time.

I think she was more comfortable during the stadium performances in Asia.

4 hours ago, billyjb26 said:

It is her nerves, but it's much more than that. If she had so much anxiety about performing, she should be rehearsing more. She obviously doesn't do that much of it, so when she finally gets on stage, she feels unprepared and nervous, and it shows.

The other major difference is her appearance...The costumes in the videos you posted are great, whereas now we only ever see her in leotards anymore, and half the time her hair is up in a messy bun. Neither of these things are especially flattering.

The bottom line is that she just doesn't care anymore. She's not incapable, she's smart. She's proven that she can put on a good show when she wants to. She just doesn't care to these days. :smokney2:

This, totally, i'm a dancer and i when i have a performance and i'm unsure feels like hell, other times when i'm well prepared i can have more confidence

I think anxiety is a huge thing to correct though it's actually probably one of the hardest things to correct. It's not a simple costume change or learning new choreography it's a mental thing and people can't just get over it or fix it that easily. So I don't agree that it "really isnt that hard". I agree with you that even those walking performances from back in the day were better than now though. 

16 hours ago, DirtyMind said:

It’s a little photoshopped, but it isn’t much different than the original pic.  Looks like they just brightened it and fixed the coloring. 

I actually meant it looked like he Photoshopped her next to him. But if this was legitimately taken, it’s an awesome meet-and-greet pic.

12 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

WB is a great song and actually a good opening. It was a big enough hit for people to know it. It's one of the best performances of the night bc there's actual choreography that's somewhat interesting. I'm not defending POM by any means lol but there are MUCH worse performances than WB. In fact, it's prob my fave one just bc of the dancing.

I think it is a polarizing song for fans, which is why I don’t think it’s a great choice for an opener, much less for five years. People either love or hate WB (I detest it). Piece of Me is a nostalgic show. There are a handful of songs with the same energy that are more reflective of the Britney persona people come to see. 

I know music is subjective but I just don’t understand how anyone can find that song anything other than tacky and embarrassing. 

Archived