The Official Britney Spears 'Piece Of Me' Summer Tour Kickoff Thread

joeylibcam

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Back in my day, hoodies at concerts were $40 and T-shirts were 15-20. 

Now T-shirt’s are $40 and hoodies are $80. 

The banana pin is cute. It’s too expensive though

Right? I spent like, either eighty or a hundred at Kiefer Sutherland's show, but that was for a demo version of his album before it came out, a shirt, and a signed poster. (The cd was signed, too.) I know its not the same level, but good lord. (I can't remember how much my shirt at Kesha's show was.)

But agreed.

I think, as usual, we are the ones to blame tbh. We hype ourselves up over nothing. She has been like this for years now, I don't know why we thought she would get out there all fierce and deliver like it was 04 all of a sudden.  I've realised that we are always at the edge of our seats expecting Britney to surprise us with fresher dance moves or better stage attitude but all of us know that's not gonna happen, at least not live. In music videos? Probably, but she even screws that up too sometimes. My advice, expect less and maybe you're not gonna be as disappointed.  :mhm:

2 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

Ah, ah, that credit goes to Patricia Quinn's lips, which was an homage to a painting called Lips Over Hollywood--

Hide contents

giphy.gif

Reveal hidden contents

My username is a tribute to it, I had to. Sorry. :embarrassney:

:ohmyfgod: thanks for educating me sis

22 minutes ago, Juano said:

I think, as usual, we are the ones to blame tbh. We hype ourselves up over nothing. She has been like this for years now, I don't know why we thought she would get out there all fierce and deliver like it was 04 all of a sudden.  I've realised that we are always at the edge of our seats expecting Britney to surprise us with fresher dances moves or better stage attitude but all of us know that's not gonna happen, at least not live. In music videos? Probably, but she even screws that up too sometimes. My advice, expect less and maybe you're not gonna be as disappointed.  :mhm:

I mean, we're also to blame for constantly checking and analyzing 15 second clips of a 5 year old show, expecting her to change things left and right as if the people actually in the crowd has already seen the show as many times as we've seen those clips. Those that were actually in the audience seemed to enjoy the show, so that's a better representation of how entertaining the show is. I doubt the show is meant to be enjoyed/viewed the way we have been here on Exhale.

But I agree, set expectations low from now on. It'll only make things less frustrating for most people.

8 minutes ago, LBoggie said:

I mean, we're also to blame for constantly checking and analyzing 15 second clips of a 5 year old show, expecting her to change things left and right as if the people actually in the crowd has already seen the show as many times as we've seen those clips. Those that were actually in the audience seemed to enjoy the show, so that's a better representation of how entertaining the show is. I doubt the show is meant to be enjoyed/viewed the way we have been here on Exhale.

But I agree, set expectations low from now on. It'll only make things less frustrating for most people.

I'm 100% sure the show IS entertaining, that doesn't mean Brit is putting too much effort but yeah, the show as a whole must be cool. And I agree with you on us being overcritical but we've seen her throughout her carreer killing it and it's kinda sad to see her dgaf about being on stage anymore.

hey guys, so i was at the opening for the tour last night, and i would like to tell you about my experience and how i feel having had time to reflect on it.

everything leading up to the show was great. security was easy, etc. the merch was actually pretty cute. however, i wish they had been selling her fragrances, since the tour is being sponsored by them anyways. also, the tour is sponsored by pepsi but i couldn't find pepsi anywhere, LOL.

anyways, we got in and found our seats easily. however, the show didn't really start until 8:30 at the latest. it felt like it took FOREVER for it to start. when it did start, i didn't even realize when britney was on the stage because honestly, her entrance was lackluster. 

there were barely any props throughout the whole show. the chairs from do somethin, the pole for slave, the little buckets for circus... that's really about it.

the theater was honestly pretty full. it felt like there were a LOT of people there, so that's a plus.

britney herself seemed like she was nervous or like she didn't rehearse enough. frankly i was, unfortunately, a bit underwhelmed. i just wanted to see some FIRE from her but all i got was nerves or anxiety. even when she had cade on stage for freakshow, she kept acting weird.

i love britney and i always will. i just wish she would rehearse more. the new stuff she added was... weird. when the migos remix of slave started, no one cheered or anything. it felt really out of place. and the dance break for that part was... weird.

ALSO, she got rid of the BOMT dance break and replaced it with some messy ****. it was the break i was most looking forward to seeing.

overall, i'm really glad i was able to go and see her in person. there absolutely were moments that made it worth it and it was NOT all bad. i just wish some thought had been put into it, i guess. even the picture they put up on the screen after the show was over was all blurry and pixelated :ohi: i was like really..?

idk. maybe i'm being dramatic. i keep going between loving my experience and being underwhelmed.

I didn’t even go and I saw all of what you described from Instagram. I guess being there in person doesn’t make a difference. 

But I say this a person who saw her opening night of Circus tour. She was great then. Was only disappointed with her not singing Everytime live. 

2 minutes ago, Avatar said:

I didn’t even go and I saw all of what you described from Instagram. I guess being there in person doesn’t make a difference. 

But I say this a person who saw her opening night of Circus tour. She was great then. Was only disappointed with her not singing Everytime live. 

yeah. it was definitely different from what i was expecting. i was hoping she would do the toxic NYE performance choreo but she didn't even do that. it's like does she only bring out the big guns when she knows it'll be televised? LOL

6 minutes ago, Avatar said:

It really does make a difference, the atmosphere is totally different and believe it or not the amount of adrenaline will make you think the mess you are seeing is actually good :tiffanynod:

Archived