New Britney Interview On ET Tonight

dcsjr06

I just wonder why the topic "music" is never existent.. I hate those random questions ! nobody really cares what she eats and which pillow is her favourite one.  are they not allowed to ask about new music? how hard is it to just say "at the moment I'm working on some stuff etc etc etc..." . the fans particularly want to know about that. this only shows again her lack of interest and passion. 

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might sound really stupid of me, but I have to ask. Is it her fault she always gets asked the same questions? Im just saying because you guys express your frustrations as if its all her fault she gets bad interview questions:rlynow:

Side note- I hated the interview too. If felt so Femme Fatale era forced, I felt so uncomfortable and awkward watching it :wontcry:

1 hour ago, Hypnotherapy said:

But... Britney isn’t that deep.

Duiring the BJ era her team allowed interviewers to ask her more hard hitting questions about heartbreak, ending an engagement, gay people, gay rights etc and she had the same clunky answer learned off for most and then spluttered 2 or 3 meaningless words for her other answers.

She’s literally an average person with immense wealth. She loves her kids, fitness and food.

i remember old interviews from 98 in which she seemed like a pretty smart girl. she used to be very reflective in a bunch of interviews from her prime, the ITZ special, FTR.. 

when people watch her recent interviews I can understand that they judge her like that, but I truly think that she is underestimated. It's obvious that she has changed a lot, but maybe her deep and smarter sides don't show up in interviews due to some reasons 

1 hour ago, puppylo16 said:

Well in her defense, I don’t think she can say much while still being under the conservatorship. I mean I don’t think they alllow her to express herself freely seeing as she slip up about the “daddy issues” and “being in a conservatorship” and that got cut so I’m sure just like the reporters, she’s given things she’s only allowed to talk about. I know Britney is not the brightest person but she’s not that empty headed. 

This.

Her over-protective and over-defensive Team is sucking the soul out of her.

And they're slowly killing her career and legacy as well.

If you read the rolling stone article (the 2008 one) the reporter mentions Larry constantly interrupting and jumping in and Britney looking over to him to gain approval of the answers this continues into the FF era where you see her constantly looking off camera. She’s being told what she could say or not and I think now she’s got it down to a T where she doesn’t need supervision but she knows she can’t say anything else that her team don’t approve and when she did, it gets cut. I mean she can’t even mention she’s in a conservatorship in that tv interview even though the whole world knows she is in one, like really? 

I've heard it's because he made her do the interview, and when she looked at him it was the "get me out of here" signal, but he had promised journalists 5 questions or 5 minutes.

I would believe that but the Jonathan Ross interview just shows that it’s also them as well. I mean I’m sure they help her and the conservatorship was put with good intent on getting her better but I think it has grown from that. I mean she casually said in the interview “considering my current restraints” and that got cut so it seems she’s cool with talking about it but her team is not. 

Yeah that is true. Probably a mix of both. 

2 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Well in her defense, I don’t think she can say much while still being under the conservatorship. I mean I don’t think they alllow her to express herself freely seeing as she slip up about the “daddy issues” and “being in a conservatorship” and that got cut so I’m sure just like the reporters, she’s given things she’s only allowed to talk about. I know Britney is not the brightest person but she’s not that empty headed. 

But I don’t think anyone is asking her to talk about her breakdown or things happening in her house you know? 

Watching her older interviews, she was young and naive in some, yes. And was she Einstein in them? No. But she also sounded sure of herself and was able to just simply talk about her work. It was like having a convo with your girlfriend. Now it’s either she has no clue what to say and is being fed lines or she’d rather be talking about something else. Which makes me sad that a performer has nothing to say about their work. :-/ 

46 minutes ago, portrait said:

i remember old interviews from 98 in which she seemed like a pretty smart girl. she used to be very reflective in a bunch of interviews from her prime, the ITZ special, FTR.. 

when people watch her recent interviews I can understand that they judge her like that, but I truly think that she is underestimated. It's obvious that she has changed a lot, but maybe her deep and smarter sides don't show up in interviews due to some reasons 

I think it’s because of how the media tore her down, he no longer wants to let them in and doesn’t want to revisit dark places in her past, which I get.

Her weaker answers in relation to her career is because of her dwindling passion, in my opinion. She doesn’t have the excitement, naturally, at revisiting her 10th album or going on 6tg world tour as she did for her 1st or 2nd. It reflects in her work too, Britney’s music and performances haven’t really developed in a decade.

Also as a person she has became more boring. It’s what happens when you stop going out, become a parent etc not everyone to the same extent, but Britney, like a lot of parents, lost parts of her own personality to make room for the huge amount of love and protection she has for her own family.

I don’t think she’s not smart, but she isn’t a particularly complex person. Unfortunately being a straightforward, simple person doesn’t translate well to an engaging, interesting interview.

2 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

:watrusayin:2011ney is like a robot 

:ehum:2018ney is more real but what is she looking at when she talks? Is she lookin at her team or is she just insecure and does not want to look at the interviewers eyes?

really? they both seem robotic to me

3 hours ago, Hypnotherapy said:

In my opinion it’s because she actually doesn’t know what to say. In all her interviews 09-now (especially BTS radio interviews where she’s not as aware that she’s being filmed) she literally doesn’t know names of directors and producers, dates or locations of tours, details about album recordings etc her team fill in the blanks for her.

Also it’s very clear to me that she has put those barriers up. She doesn’t want to talk about the past and her team prevent that from happening. They’re there to protect her, not to oppress her. Think of the FF interview when the man asked if she’s overprotected because of her team and she literally gives him the sassiest answer then gets up and leaves. Talking about her past at GLAAD she jokes she has ‘no memories of it’. Even in FTR she dismisses it as ‘people shave their heads all the time’ and ‘not every performance is a good one’. The dark days are clearly too painful and personal for her to speak about. She is an exceptionally private person and has been taken advantage of by the media too much in the past. 

All just my opinion !!

That’s the interview I was talking about. 

1 hour ago, Hypnotherapy said:

I think it’s because of how the media tore her down, he no longer wants to let them in and doesn’t want to revisit dark places in her past, which I get.

Her weaker answers in relation to her career is because of her dwindling passion, in my opinion. She doesn’t have the excitement, naturally, at revisiting her 10th album or going on 6tg world tour as she did for her 1st or 2nd. It reflects in her work too, Britney’s music and performances haven’t really developed in a decade.

Also as a person she has became more boring. It’s what happens when you stop going out, become a parent etc not everyone to the same extent, but Britney, like a lot of parents, lost parts of her own personality to make room for the huge amount of love and protection she has for her own family.

I don’t think she’s not smart, but she isn’t a particularly complex person. Unfortunately being a straightforward, simple person doesn’t translate well to an engaging, interesting interview.

I don’t want to know about her personal life, which is the only things they keep talking about the last few years. 

Ok — so whether you hated or enjoyed her ET interview, it does serve as proof Exhale doesn’t always know what Britney’s up to. You guys assume all she does is workout and paint instead of actual work. We had no clue she had sat down for an interview and who knows what else she’s up to behind the scenes. Just because it’s not on instagram, doesn’t mean she’s not up to something. 

Just sayin’. :comingthru:

42 minutes ago, Mario said:

Ok — so whether you hated or enjoyed her ET interview, it does serve as proof Exhale doesn’t always know what Britney’s up to. You guys assume all she does is workout and paint instead of actual work. We had no clue she had sat down for an interview and who knows what else she’s up to behind the scenes. Just because it’s not on instagram, doesn’t mean she’s not up to something. 

Just sayin’. :comingthru:

I dont think she did that interview for 1 min to talk about her boys. They didnt broadcast the whole thing im sure

Archived