By Today's Standards, Has Britney Ever Been Problematic?

32 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

A white women singing about being a slave in 2020 would not roll. The song doesn’t offend me but that’s what the point of this thread was about. It just wouldn’t happen these days. 

We all know that this is not what the song is about, but I kinda understand where you're coming from... Some people are "too woke" and could try to twist things make the song sound problematic 

8 minutes ago, Lurker93 said:

I used to think that the “slave 4u” bit would get her some flack, but the other day I saw a couple of reaction videos on youtube for her performances from POC and they didn’t even seemed to be bothered by the lyrics (homegirl got them all pressed with the live tiger and snake dancing though)

Thisssssssssss

On 10/8/2017 at 3:30 PM, Anita **** said:

Oops sorry!:giggleney:   

Didn't she get crap from PETA though for it?  But yeah today, she would get destroyed for it so much more

Kaley Cuocco used a live snake in her lip sync battle Slave 4 U performance and I don't recall her getting flak for it?

On 8/23/2020 at 8:28 AM, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Most of the times us POC don't actually care but its people getting offended for us. :truthtea:

Right? If i see someone wear a saree or Indian traditional clothing, i would love it. It feels like a homage being paid to my country. Idk why these American people take **** so seriously :grimace: 

u5f4bSK.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, sweetkiss said:

I remember when she started dating Kfed they talked about how she a homewrecker cause he already had pregnant girlfriend at a time, I think shed be canceled like Alicia Keys if she did that now.

That would be very unfair, Britney was single Kfed was not. It was his decision. I hate when people blame women for men's decisions.

• Love 3

Then also saying she's into Spanish men because they're "dangerous." or whatever. I remember that offended quite a few people.

And her saying gays are cute and work ***** is a term of endearment. But that is more innocence and naïveté on her part. Won't blame her for that because she's been heavily sheltered and isolated for 12 years.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

Then also saying she's into Spanish men because they're "dangerous." or whatever. I remember that offended quite a few people.

And her saying gays are cute and work ***** is a term of endearment. But that is more innocence and naïveté on her part. Won't blame her for that because she's been heavily sheltered and isolated for 12 years.

Funny thing is she dated/****ed one "hispanic" that we know of.  She said they were bad boys or smt like that, that her dad wouldnt like it. 

14 hours ago, sweetkiss said:

I remember when she started dating Kfed they talked about how she a homewrecker cause he already had pregnant girlfriend at a time, I think shed be canceled like Alicia Keys if she did that now.

And people would call her Becky with the good hair for "stealing" a black womans man. Ive seen quite a few haters in the past year or so saying she deserves what shes going thru rn and she isnt the unproblematic girl people say shes bc of what she did to Shar. I think this is a ****** thing towards Britney tbh. Even If Britney knew Kevin was in a relationship, the blame would be more on him bc he had a relationship with Shar, not Britney. He was the one who had a baby girl and another baby on the way, but choose to go on tour with Britney in Europe. Of course Britney would be wrong too If she knew bc she could have walked away from the situation and put herself on Shars shoes but Kevin is the one who should be held more accountable for this, not Britney. People even say its karma what Britney is going thru but what about Kevin? He cheated on both Shar and Britney, was a terrible hubby to Britney and now is married with Britneys kids living off the big fat child support check he gets every month since 2007 while Britney is under a cship and never could fight for her kids custody again. How is this fair?