By Today's Standards, Has Britney Ever Been Problematic?

1 minute ago, Alexanda said:

To me this cultural appropriation thing is bullshit, it should be flattering when someone likes stuff from a different era / area and a compliment.

Just because she is white? That is racism the other way around and tbh she has nothing to do with history, it is not like she was involved in anything.

People don't get offended by it because the person is white. People get offended because many times it's done in a disrrespectful way or just to look cool. Plus, many times when white people do it, it's "cool" and "edgy", while in the case of POC, it's "distracting".

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/05/11/black-students-malden-school-who-wear-braids-face-punishment-parents-say/stWDlBSCJhw1zocUWR1QMP/story.html

Just now, I Always Sing Live said:

Negative stereotypes are racist, which is why the things you mentioned in the upper paragraph are racist, a skin color is nor a negative stereotype nor a stereotype in general, thus dressing up as another race for a Halloween costume - NOT racist... :nyheadache: If I overdraw my lips with red lipstick and act loud - racist, if I simply paint myself black - not racist. :nothavingit:

:ririshade2:

• Like 2
Guest I Think I'm Ready Now

While we're at it

In Dancing with the stars, they should allow Bollywood only to stars of Indian background :lemmetellu:

8 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

The situation in the article is actual racism but it doesn't prove ****. You could use that argument if white people were praised for dreads and black people were mocked for dreads IN GENERAL, but this is a single instance in a specific school. :thinkney:

It's not just a specific school. :whitney: African-American people are many times FIRED from their jobs and kids are suspended or expelled from school because of braids. And black people are mocked because of braids many times.

• Like 1

My country doesn't have usually Halloween, but some people here doing it anyway, is that cultural appropriation?

:thinkney:

I mean that schoolcase is messed up and racist. But isn't it normal that (white) people (teenagers) can more relate to Miley twerking than Nicki Minaj?

The problem itself is that people make that difference about black culture and white culture, but they never ever saying when anything is white? They just wear use it or whatever. So, we are humans that is it.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

My country doesn't have usually Halloween, but some people here doing it anyway, is that cultural appropriation?

:thinkney:

wtf? :wyd:

7 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

I mean that schoolcase is messed up and racist. But isn't it normal that (white) people (teenagers) can more relate to Miley twerking than Nicki Minaj?

The problem itself is that people make that difference about black culture and white culture, but they never ever saying when anything is white? They just wear use it or whatever. So, we are humans that is it.

White culture isn't a thing. :mj:

The problem isn't that white people can relate more to Miley that Nicki. The problem is that Miley is getting credit for something she didn't start and, after using black culture, she shaded it on interviews when she didn't need it as she now on her "clean" era. She treated black culture as a rebelious thing, something to anger white suburban parents instead of treating it with respect. She used black culture.

• Like 8

Personally-- blackface is offensive. I'm sorry, it is. It was done too often in Hollywood, and almost always offensively, for it to not be. Cultural appropriation can be a thing, yes, but nowadays those who scream it are usually bitching over trivial, mundane things that aren't forms of it. This happens with every good cause, for the record. It's the snowball effect.

That's why the middle ground is always best-- and of course, being able to form an individual opinion, without heavy influence from one's peers. 

;)

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 4
Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
42 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

wtf? :wyd:

White culture isn't a thing. :mj:

Afro-American culture is a thing. But black culture in general ? No :calculating:

Well i am pretty sure black and white people invented things, that's what i wanted to say with my comment. But i only see black people want more and more credit for something.

I never saw asian people claim don't wear Kimonos or anything like that for example. And imo the black community should give Miley more credit, she helped Mike Will Made It to become a rich producer (isn't he black?) and it shows thst she doesn't care about skincolor, that is actually the way it should be.

The rest sounds like jealousy to me and Nicki Minaj tend to try to sell it as racism. Her rant to Taylor Swift for example.

@Pedro Dantas

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

Well i am pretty sure black and white people invented things, that's what i wanted to say with my comment. But i only see black people want more and more credit for something.

I never saw asian people claim don't wear Kimonos or anything like that for example. And imo the black community should give Miley more credit, she helped Mike Will Made It to become a rich producer (isn't he black?) and it shows thst she doesn't care about skincolor, that is actually the way it should be.

The rest sounds like jealousy to me and Nicki Minaj tend to try to sell it as racism. Her rant to Taylor Swift for example.

@Pedro Dantas

Mike Will was already a known producer BEFORE Miley. You've lost our damn mind.

2 hours ago, Alexanda said:

Britney Spears: "I am for the death penalty. Whoever commits terrible acts must get
a fitting punishment. That way he learns the lesson for the next time."

Comes to my mind

Well, we know from Everytime that she believes in reincarnation, so I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt on this one. :imcute: 

2 hours ago, ovoxo said:

She tends to say ******** a lot :gross:

I've only ever heard her say it in the "Toxic: Making the Video" and the Oops Tour Rock In Rio

• Love 1
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I've only ever heard her say it in the "Toxic: Making the Video" and the Oops Tour Rock In Rio

She said it recently too in POM when she had her friend as the guest for freakshow. She said smth like "idk why I'm signing a shirt for you this is ********"

• Like 1