By Today's Standards, Has Britney Ever Been Problematic?

7 minutes ago, Bundy said:

And people would call her Becky with the good hair for "stealing" a black womans man. Ive seen quite a few haters in the past year or so saying she deserves what shes going thru and she isnt the unproblematic girl people say shes for what she did to Shar. I think this is a ****** thing towards Britney tbh. Even If Britney knew Kevin was in a relationship, the blame would be more on him bc he had a relationship with Shar, not Britney. He was the one who had a baby girl and another baby on the way, but choose to go on tour with Britney in Europe. Of course Britney would be wrong too If she knew bc she could have walked away from the situation and put herself on Shars shoes but Kevin is the one who should be more held accountable for this, not Britney. People even say its karma what Britney is going thru but what about Kevin? He cheated on both Shar and Britney, was a terrible hubby for Britney and now is married with Britneys kids and a big fat child support check every month since 2007 while Britney is under a cship and could never fight for her kids custody again. How is this fair? 

Oh I HATE when people say Britney deserved what happened to her in 2007. :meltdown:

It appears Britney is the only person whoever gets karma while the others walk off scot free :icant2:

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

Didn't read this whole thread but she was low-key homophobic here:

And fatphobic here: 

But obviously she wasn't in a right state of mind here. It makes me sad to see her like this :( 

I remember these videos but i know it was just a dark time for her and paparazzi harassing her every move didn’t help either :( 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:
1 hour ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

Then also saying she's into Spanish men because they're "dangerous." or whatever. I remember that offended quite a few people.

And her saying gays are cute and work ***** is a term of endearment. But that is more innocence and naïveté on her part. Won't blame her for that because she's been heavily sheltered and isolated for 12 years.

Oh god I remember this.. I cringed when she said that, that was so bad.. but I think everyone knows Britney means literally no harm

• Love 2

Not really? I mean sure Twitter's resident SJWs would find something to complain about if the python performance or lesbian kiss had occurred now, but most of Britney's controversies have been centered around her own self-destruction rather than problematic things she's done that affect other people, so I don't think she'd get as much flack compared to some other pop stars. 

5 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Right? If i see someone wear a saree or Indian traditional clothing, i would love it. It feels like a homage being paid to my country. Idk why these American people take **** so seriously :grimace: 

u5f4bSK.jpg

The Americans aren’t actually offended - they just want to b1tch. They love talking about how bad other people are because it makes them feel better about themselves. 

So, it basically boils down to being negative and insecure. 

• Like 3
On 10/9/2017 at 2:44 AM, Anita **** said:

The Toxic performance where she wore a kimono(ish) robe for FF tour, I watched it on Youtube not so long ago and some comments were actually saying that was offensive and cultural appropriation :ririshade2:

Not really. First, she did a Japanese dance there. The culture was taken from "dance" and applied as "dance" so there was no real appropriation. Secondly, Japanese culture is not a minority. Cultural appropriation only applies to components of subculture (minorities) adapted by a person, assigned to a major community, only to devalue it.

i think we just love her unconditionally and since she grew up catholic, she's from an older generation, and since she's from a small town we're a little more tolerant with her cause we know she means well in her heart, but some of her comments are not very sensitive to homosexuals; considering 90% of her fanbase is gay she should be a little bit more sensitive about it. - i mean you don't have to be the biggest supporter but be sensitive.

and its not like she's insensitive but i feel that (unknowingly) sometimes she trivializes some gay issues and / or seems careless with the subject - don't get me wrong, im super tolerant with people who are not very educated on homosexuality but i think that someone in her position should be a tiny bit more careful; for example and to my point... and i don't know why but i felt a little triggered with the "happy pride" instagram video when she said all my fans "AT" the LGBT community... like its a retirement home.

it's not a big issue for me at all, but i've always felt tiny micro aggressions from her towards her gay fanbase - please note i recognize that most of these things im referring to are mostly the result of ignorance and not necessarily intended as offensive.

• Like 2
  • Content Curators
20 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

i think we just love her unconditionally and since she grew up catholic, she's from an older generation, and she's from a small town we're a little more tolerant with her cause we know she means well in her heart, but some of her comments are not very sensitive to homosexuals; considering 90% of her fanbase is gay she should be a little bit more sensitive about it. - i mean you don't have to be the biggest supporter but be sensitive.

and its not like she's insensitive but i feel that (unknowingly) sometimes she trivializes some gay issues and / or seems careless with the subject - don't get me wrong, im super tolerant with people who are not very educated on homosexuality but i think that someone in her position should be a tiny bit more careful; for example and to my point... and i don't know why but i felt a little triggered with the "happy pride" instagram video when she said all my fans "AT" the LGBT community... like its a retirement home.

it's not a big issue for me at all, but i've always felt tiny micro aggressions from her towards her gay fanbase - please note i recognize that most of these things im referring to are mostly the result of ignorance and not necessarily intended as offensive.

despite all of that even being taken away from the real world and locked up she is still so unproblematic and understanding of todays issues (her wearing that dreamers shirt said it all for me) i think its cause shes always reading and learning, shes very smart. even back in 2003 she knew how deragatory the n word was, yet some of todays youngest biggest artists and influencers have been outed for being extremely racist and saying nasty slurs ex: doja camila lea michelle random gen z tik tok stars and others

she has always been very understanding and kind

yes somethings she has done could be a little iffy but shes human

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JonJon92 said:

I think Slave 4 U would be problematic today and I’m actually surprised in today’s culture of ppl dragging out things ppl did 10 or more years ago to expose them, that this hasn’t come out as somehow offensive. 

there is a hilarious tweet that says something like "i got in trouble for using slave 4 u as my background music for my history class presentation on slavery" and the tweet is recent - but yea its seen as a joke not as offensive.

• Haha 1