By Today's Standards, Has Britney Ever Been Problematic?

10 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Oh I HATE when people say Britney deserved what happened to her in 2007. :meltdown:

It appears Britney is the only person whoever gets karma while the others walk off scot free :icant2:

Me too. It seems like shes the only one who made mistakes and did such horrible things to deserve being under a cship for life. JTs fans even say the mess she became is karma. People really hate her for the sake of it. Shar was cheated on and dumped for another woman. Britney was also cheated on and said Kevin woud leave her and was refusing to see her and the babies so she was pressured to file for divorce. How is being under a cship for the past 12 years karma as well when she went thru whatever Shar did with Kevin as well? People are so mean to Britney. 

On 10/8/2017 at 7:44 PM, Anita **** said:

The Toxic performance where she wore a kimono(ish) robe for FF tour, I watched it on Youtube not so long ago and some comments were actually saying that was offensive and cultural appropriation :ririshade2:

Let's be honest, 99% of those people who complained about it were not even asian, Japanese. It's always butt-hurt white people who wanna be offended for the sake of it. Infact a lot of asian people are flattered and happy when you wanna learn about their culture and stuff. Anyways... 

The opposite actually happened a lot: Britney was seen problematic for things she did that nobody cares of in 2020.

Talking about If U Seek amy and the Oops VMA performance. People really were pressed cause of the underlying message in IUSA, parents made petitions and demanded a parental advisory sticker on the album. With Oops, they found her stripping from the black suit to a nude suit inapropriate as kids were watching the performance. The VMA performance of Gimme More, ...

I mean all of this in 2020 sounds laughable after Miley cyrus, Nicki Minaj, Cardi B, ... but Britney was actually often seen as problematic by the way she dressed and performed, if she did it now, nobody would look up. The whole drama about her lying of being a virgin was even seen as problematic. People were expecting her to be the perfect human until her breakdown and only then they started releasing she was not as problematic as some thought she was but only human

• Like 3
On 8/24/2020 at 6:19 PM, Bundy said:

And people would call her Becky with the good hair for "stealing" a black womans man. Ive seen quite a few haters in the past year or so saying she deserves what shes going thru rn and she isnt the unproblematic girl people say shes bc of what she did to Shar. I think this is a ****** thing towards Britney tbh. Even If Britney knew Kevin was in a relationship, the blame would be more on him bc he had a relationship with Shar, not Britney. He was the one who had a baby girl and another baby on the way, but choose to go on tour with Britney in Europe. Of course Britney would be wrong too If she knew bc she could have walked away from the situation and put herself on Shars shoes but Kevin is the one who should be held more accountable for this, not Britney. People even say its karma what Britney is going thru but what about Kevin? He cheated on both Shar and Britney, was a terrible hubby to Britney and now is married with Britneys kids living off the big fat child support check he gets every month since 2007 while Britney is under a cship and never could fight for her kids custody again. How is this fair? 

you see I totally forgot Britney allegedly didnt know. What a trash Kevin is lol.

53 minutes ago, sweetkiss said:

you see I totally forgot Britney allegedly didnt know. What a trash Kevin is lol.

Yeah, she said she didnt know but even If she did, Kevin was the one who left his pregnant gf and his daughter. She gave interviews years ago saying how she felt bc Britney was the biggest star in the world. Kevin is really a scumbag but Britney is the one paying till these days for her mistakes that really began with that lowlife.

• 9 months later...
On 10/9/2017 at 1:26 AM, fnfurter said:

Doesn't count. It was specifically made for her, and it's something they do often for celebrities-- if she hadn't worn it, it'd be more offensive. I don't care what the keyboard warriors say; I'd be more worried about offending an entire country then a bunch of bored white people.

This counts, though--

d6eaa5949539eb6414dca071253b724a.jpg

On 10/9/2017 at 12:57 AM, b42ad said:

• bollywood segment at tcsbs

The Bollywood segment in TCSB wasn't offensive even I- :imacat_cat_hiss_meme_white_kitty_mad: I am Indian myself and loved that segment of the show.

On 10/8/2017 at 5:26 PM, fnfurter said:

Doesn't count. It was specifically made for her, and it's something they do often for celebrities-- if she hadn't worn it, it'd be more offensive. I don't care what the keyboard warriors say; I'd be more worried about offending an entire country then a bunch of bored white people.

This counts, though--

d6eaa5949539eb6414dca071253b724a.jpg

I’m so stupid I thought this was Indian attire 

Not this old-azz thread becoming the All I Want for Christmas Is You of Exhell... Truly the era that keeps on giving. :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:Teenage Dream tease, tbh. I should reissue this thread as By Today's Standards, Has Britney Ever Been Problematic : The Complete Cancellation (Not by Demand, but Me. I Am iAlwaysSingLive... The Elusive Chanteuse, so I Do What I Want):lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Not this old-azz thread becoming the All I Want for Christmas Is You of Exhell... Truly the era that keeps on giving. :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:Teenage Dream tease, tbh. I should reissue this thread as By Today's Standards, Has Britney Ever Been Problematic : The Complete Cancellation (Not by Demand, but Me. I Am iAlwaysSingLive... The Elusive Chanteuse, so I Do What I Want):lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

:yesplease_yas_agree_preach: THE REUP

• Haha 3