By Today's Standards, Has Britney Ever Been Problematic?

Mess at posters using the term "SJW" ironically in 2017.

Mess at People defending Cultural Appropriation and Blackface ignoring the historical context and the modern context at why these things can be quite problematic.

Mess at people using Whatabout-isms to ignore or downplay microagressions as if  a. Multi-tasking doesn't exist. 

b. As if you would actually talk about the things you were talking about as being more important issues in situations where you don't whine about why people think microaggressions are bad.

Mess at that one poster linking a video by what is clearly a FAR-Right Wing Youtuber with videos about how she's not A feminist, Transgender vs Transtrender (WTF), Red Pilling (yuck!) and how Ariana was supposedly fake on the the whole Manchester thing ( the audacity). Of course the youtuber telling about  white genocide would be less likely to acknowledge Cultural Appropriation

Mess. Mess. Mess.

• Like 1

It honestly and genuinely breaks my heart, how much flack Britney has gotten. I think people forget that she was literally so young since she was hounded, stalked and constantly watched. Of course it would  eventually get to her and did it did. I show my friends the middle finger all the time and sometimes say things which would be deemed offensive, I would never be able to handle the kind of exposure she was made to go through. It's sad to think that she was under such immense scrutiny by the world, by the standards set by the media back then. Present day would be absolutely SAVAGE! The irony is they can't seem to give the girl a break! I bring this up, only because you mentioned internet flack. Ariana had the doughnut scandal, I mean she apologized, I'm glad people got over it. That was by far, much more extreme than I think anything Britney has ever said or done. If I believe they were able to make the world move on from that, maybe the right team can make certain incidents irrelevant. Although Ari does still live with the consequences, as there are trolls  who occasionally bring it up!

Sorry for the long comment. Long story short, Britney is SO BRAVE, I am so impressed by her character. Yes she's ignorant sometimes, but so are all of us. She just has to go through it in front of millions. And I agree, The Media and the world in general has become WAY TO SENSITIVE!

• Like 2

As for Britney being problematic, honestly it was the things that were done to her that were more problematic. The Misogyny, talking about her virginity,  2007 in general, making fun of her Mental Health.

At most, her being problematic amounts to some offhand comments and her usage of ****** which was at the time normal (and is righfully seen now as not good)

• Like 4
3 hours ago, LisaJane said:

OMG the white privilege in this statement is so painfully apparent!! Did you just take away a black mans credit for his own success and give it to a white girl? The black community should be thankful to a white girl for making a black man successful? Like they can't do it by themselves and need our help?!?! Honestly can't believe what I just read.

People get easily upset i see ;)

That is not what i meant, it is a fact that he never had a worldwide smashhit before We Can't Stop, i would give any blackgirl the same credit, if she did it but in this case?

9 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Manspreading is sitting on the bus with your legs wide open to leave room for your balls, digital blackface is white people using black emojis / black GIFs. Supposedly at least. :thinkney: When it comes to catcalling, agree to disagree. When it's put up there next to **** it trivializes **** itself and don't get me started on "**** culture" and racism towards white people "not being a thing". :divaney: 

LMAO Digital blackface is so totally not a thing. If it is, the entire internet is going to hell for spamming New York everywhere. :hahaha: As for manspreading, I just don't like people sitting next to me on the bus, so I wholly admit to doing that. :imcute: 

Catcalling is definitely never as big of an issue as ****, but it is a huge issue.

6 hours ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

So people can change their gender / ***, but not their race ? :girlwhat:  That is not cultural appropriation.

:wyd:

1 hour ago, Pinky98 said:

I don’t know! That’s why I’m confused :calculating:

I’ve been on here since 2012 and I was on other forums before that and never heard it :calculating:

:o OMG this is crazy. Have you at least heard all of the other outtakes?

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

LMAO Digital blackface is so totally not a thing. If it is, the entire internet is going to hell for spamming New York everywhere. :hahaha: As for manspreading, I just don't like people sitting next to me on the bus, so I wholly admit to doing that. :imcute: 

Catcalling is definitely never as big of an issue as ****, but it is a huge issue.

:wyd:

:o OMG this is crazy. Have you at least heard all of the other outtakes?

Yeah I’ve heard the others! Like Everybody and stuff. Just not Pull it 

1 hour ago, Pinky98 said:

Yeah I’ve heard the others! Like Everybody and stuff. Just not Pull it 

...Everybody isn't a leaked track, though. It's a bonus track. :gloria: 

Y'know what... Let's break down the songs by era. Hopefully you've heard all of them.

• Baby Era:
  1. Baby One More Time
  2. You Drive Me Crazy
  3. Sometimes
  4. Soda Pop
  5. Born To Make You Happy
  6. From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart
  7. I Will Be There
  8. I Will Still Love You
  9. Deep In My Heart
  10. Thinkin' About You
  11. E-Mail My Heart
  12. The Beat Goes On
  13. I'll Never Stop Loving You
  14. Autumn Goodbye
  15. I'm So Curious
  • Oops Era:
  1. Oops I Did It Again
  2. Stronger
  3. Don't Go Knockin' On My Door
  4. I Can't Get No Satisfaction
  5. Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know
  6. What U See (Is What U Get)
  7. Lucky
  8. One Kiss From You
  9. Where Are You Now
  10. Can't Make You Love Me
  11. When Your Eyes Say It
  12. Dear Diary
  13. Girl In The Mirror
  14. You Got It All
  15. Heart
  16. Walk On By
  17. My Only Wish This Year
  • Britney Era:
  1. I'm A Slave 4 U
  2. Overprotected
  3. Lonely
  4. I'm Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman
  5. Boys
  6. Anticipating
  7. I Love Rock & Roll
  8. Cinderella
  9. Let Me Be
  10. Bombastic Love
  11. That's Where You Take Me
  12. When I Found You
  13. I Run Away
  14. What It's Like To Be Me
  15. Before The Goodbye
  16. Intimidated
  17. What's Going On
  • In The Zone Era:
  1. Me Against The Music
  2. I Got That Boom Boom
  3. Showdown
  4. Breathe On Me
  5. Early Mornin'
  6. Toxic
  7. Outrageous
  8. Touch Of My Hand
  9. The Hook Up
  10. Shadow
  11. Brave New Girl
  12. Everytime
  13. Girls And Boys
  14. The Answer
  15. Don't Hang Up
  • "Original Doll" Era:
  1. My Prerogative
  2. I've Just Begun Having My Fun
  3. Do Somethin'
  4. Chaotic
  5. Someday I Will Understand
  6. Mona Lisa
  7. Over To You Now
  8. And Then We Kiss (Junkie XL Remix)
  9. Crazy
  • Blackout Era:
  1. Gimme More
  2. Piece Of Me
  3. Break The Ice
  4. Heaven On Earth
  5. Get Naked I Got A Plan
  6. Freakshow
  7. Toy Soldier
  8. Hot As Ice
  9. Ooh Ooh Baby
  10. Perfect Lover
  11. Why Should I Be Sad
  12. Outta This World
  13. Get Back
  14. Everybody
  • Circus Era:
  1. Womanizer
  2. Circus
  3. Out From Under
  4. Kill The Lights
  5. Shattered Glass
  6. If U Seek Amy
  7. Unusual You
  8. Blur
  9. Mmm Papi
  10. Mannequin
  11. Lace and Leather
  12. My Baby
  13. Radar
  14. Rock Me In
  15. Phonography
  16. Quicksand
  17. Rock Boy
  18. Amnesia
  19. Trouble
  20. 3
  • Femme Fatale Era:
  1. Till The World Ends
  2. Hold It Against Me
  3. Inside Out
  4. I Wanna Go
  5. How I Roll
  6. Drop Dead Beautiful
  7. Seal It With A Kiss
  8. Big Fat Bass
  9. Trouble For Me
  10. Trip To Your Heart
  11. Gasoline
  12. Criminal
  13. Up N Down
  14. He About To Lose Me
  15. Selfish
  16. Don't Keep Me Waiting
  17. Scary
  18. S&M
  19. Scream & Shout
  20. Ooh La La
  • Britney Jean Era:
  1. Alien
  2. Work *****
  3. Perfume
  4. It Should Be Easy
  5. Tik Tik Boom
  6. Body Ache
  7. Til It's Gone
  8. Passenger
  9. Chillin' With You
  10. Don't Cry
  11. Brightest Morning Star
  12. Hold On Tight
  13. Now That I Found You
  14. SMS Bangerz
  15. Pretty Girls
  16. Tom's Diner
  • Glory Era:
  1. Invitation
  2. Make Me
  3. Private Show
  4. Man On The Moon
  5. Just Luv Me
  6. Clumsy
  7. Do You Wanna Come Over
  8. Slumber Party
  9. Just Like Me
  10. Love Me Down
  11. Hard To Forget Ya
  12. What You Need
  13. Better
  14. Change Your Mind No Seas Cortes
  15. Liar
  16. If I'm Dancing
  17. Coupure Electrique
  18. Mood Ring
  19. Hands
  • Leaked Songs:
  1. Abroad
  2. All That She Wants
  3. Am I A Sinner
  4. And Then We Kiss
  5. Burning Up
  6. Conscience
  7. Dangerous
  8. Dramatic
  9. Every Day
  10. Get It
  11. Guilty
  12. Hooked On
  13. Instant Deja Vu
  14. It Feels Nice
  15. Just Let Me Go
  16. Kiss Me All Over
  17. Little Me (snippet)
  18. Look Who's Talking Now
  19. Luv The Hurt Away
  20. Mad Love
  21. Money Love and Happiness
  22. My Big Secret (snippet)
  23. Ouch
  24. Peep Show (snippet)
  25. Pleasure You
  26. Pull Out
  27. Rebellion (snippet)
  28. Rockstar
  29. She'll Never Be Me
  30. Sippin' On
  31. State Of Grace
  32. Strangest Love
  33. Take Off
  34. Telephone
  35. This Kiss
  36. Tilt Ya Head Back (snippet)
  37. To Love Let Go
  38. Unbroken
  39. Untitled Lullaby
  40. Welcome To Me
  41. When I Say So
  42. 911
  • Love 1
  • Like 3
Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
41 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

White culture most definitely is a thing though. Western culture IS white culture. Are we just going to ignore all the science achievements, white Christian traditions, our architecture, our classical music, art, etc. that aren't specific to any singled out country? Obvious that Irish traditions are Irish traditions and German traditions are German traditions but there's so many things that unify most of us Europeans as a single entity, especially Western Europe. Eastern Europe would have its own bubble if it hadn't been enslaved similar to how black people were enslaved, mind you. My people were enslaved by people from every direction over the course of 7 - 8 centuries. Difference is, I don't think these people owe me or my people anything because of what their ANCESTORS did. Sorry for continuing this discussion but I had to get it off my chest. :donewithit:

White American culture is a thing to us European.

All the things they do, halloween, thanksgiving, prom night, basketball, country music, cow boys. :mjpopcorn:

2 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

White culture most definitely is a thing though. Western culture IS white culture. Are we just going to ignore all the science achievements, white Christian traditions, our architecture, our classical music, art, etc. that aren't specific to any singled out country? Obvious that Irish traditions are Irish traditions and German traditions are German traditions but there's so many things that unify most of us Europeans as a single entity, especially Western Europe. Eastern Europe would have its own bubble if it hadn't been enslaved, mind you, similar to how black people were enslaved. My people were enslaved by people from every direction over the course of 7 - 8 centuries. Difference is, I don't think these people owe me or my people anything because of what their ANCESTORS did. Sorry for continuing this discussion but I had to get it off my chest. :donewithit:

What would you say is "white culture"? :ponderney:

3 hours ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

White American culture is a thing to us European.

All the things they do, halloween, thanksgiving, prom night, basketball, country music, cow boys. :mjpopcorn:

Well, most americans are europeans. That is why i think it is strange to spell some last names from popstars in the way americans say it. Doesn't make sense to me.

Halloween yeah, Basketball? Not so much, Country Music? Nah, it is not popular, we have Schlager ;)  but i get what you are trying to say. Movies and music from america is like really popular here but that is a worldwidething.

6 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

We aren't ignoring why any of the so called "microaggressions" are problematic, we are arguing that they shouldn't be if they aren't used to mock anyone both in terms of blackface and cultural appropriation. :thinkney:

Yes, I would most definitely talk about the other issues that are more important outside of a scenario like this, that's why I called them important, because I think they are actually worth talking about and actually impact the world / people in a negative way. ********, oppression in the middle east and free the nipple aren't things you can choose to be offended about unlike the microaggressions we previously talked about, those are ACTUAL issues that negatively affect people and their lives. :mhm:

Also you shouldn't use the YouTuber's other opinions to downplay the main one mentioned, because a person can have many different opinions, some better than others. Not being a feminist is common sense and transtrenders are a very real thing. I don't agree with a lot of the things she says but I linked that EXACT video because I thought it explained my view pretty well. :mhm:

1. Great, I agree that Microaggresssions are problematic and can be impactful.

2 Being a feminist is the default. Most sane people would have views that align with feminism. I can't see how not being in support for the empowerment of women and not being in support for the removal of negative social norms built around patriarchy that negatively affect women and men can be "common sense". Or do you not believe women still have systemic problems that affect them and by extension men due to cultural biases, outdated ideas and expectations etc. What are your views on Feminism? 

3. Transtrender is a term used to dismiss transgender people hence the belief " these people are only changing their gender due to it being a trend". It's a tactic employed by those that are against the existence of trans and other non-binary gender people. You support Transgender people right? No ifs and buts.

4. Gurrrrrly, I would ignore the other youtuber's opinions if it was about pancake flavors or something. But obviously, her channel deals with social and political issues. Her views on white culture and the genocide would tell me that she doesn't care that much about the opinions or feelings of People of Color (except in cases where it's convenient to her) so of course her views on Cultural Appropriation would be less sympathetic to the plights of People of Color and would be less understanding of their perspective.

Watch this video for a more nuanced approach on Cultural Appropriation. Hope your not Close-Minded!

• Like 2