Report: Britney Spears To Continue Performing In Las Vegas In 2018

Jordan Miller

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, MM said:

oh cut the bs:tiffhair: the reason we criticize her is bc she doesn't do anything anymore. she made a good album then didn't even talk about it just talked about her favorite colors:usher:. i don't think most of us expect her to tour and tbh i wouldn't have a huge problem with her being in vegas if she actually put effort in it! she doesn't sing a note live, barely dances, and never rehearses. like another user said above, you take a gamble when you see her, you don't know if she will slay or will be half asleep.  she doesn't have a passion for her art anymore. i hate to compare her to her peers, but beyonce stays 40 hours in the studio but britney leaves after laying her vocals once. she doesn't care anymore. and even when she does give interviews it's all about her kids and irrelevant things not related to the music and art. and give me a break with the mom excuse. she shares custody with kevin and the kids are in school 7(?) hours a day...she has plenty of time to go to the studio to rehearse a little bit. plus even on holidays and vacations she doesn't even stay with her kids so it's a dumb excuse.  like i said before, i would have no problem with her being in vegas and not being on top of the world if she actually found the passion again and put it into her work. she's a grown woman she should be able to handle scrutiny :walkoff:

Preach! :queenriri: 100% agree wiht you.

Or she talks about her album/single but that part of the interview is censored by her team because she talked about how the c-ship "controlled" her music :zoomzoom:

8 hours ago, lolo. said:

that means +4 years of the same show, plus her follow up albums being totally ignored as happened with BJ and Glory.:sipney:

cant assume we know how long this show would last. also, look at the difference in her input and passion between bj and glory. whos to say she wouldnt continue that upward trend with her next album? id rather her be doing something, keeping busy, having creative input (all things a new show would entail) rather than have nothing planned and nothing going on. 

14 minutes ago, asitalian12587 said:

cant assume we know how long this show would last. also, look at the difference in her input and passion between bj and glory. whos to say she wouldnt continue that upward trend with her next album? id rather her be doing something, keeping busy, having creative input (all things a new show would entail) rather than have nothing planned and nothing going on. 

There is very little change. BJ being used is such an excuse...

Well at least she isn't a fraud this album and sang on it. She has so much passion. :calculating:

She mentioned Glory a few times and didn't say anything about it besides cool, slow, and my baby but words don't speak louder than actions. 

Just now, Spearsfan said:

There is very little change. BJ being used is such an excuse...

Well at least she isn't a fraud this album and sang on it. She has so much passion. :calculating:

She mentioned Glory a few times and didn't say anything about it besides cool, slow, and my baby but words don't speak louder than actions. 

how can you act like the difference between bj and glory isnt there? im not saying shes anywhere near where she was or where id like her to be but there was a significant difference. she did promo overseas, the vmas for the first time since 2003, even her interviews were just more lively. now shes gotta build on that with the next album.

Just now, asitalian12587 said:

how can you act like the difference between bj and glory isnt there? im not saying shes anywhere near where she was or where id like her to be but there was a significant difference. she did promo overseas, the vmas for the first time since 2003, even her interviews were just more lively. now shes gotta build on that with the next album.

BJ is the low of the low. Same with FFT which is used often.

literally things that should have ended her career to make a point of how better she is. 

Obviously anything would be better than those things. :calculating:

The standards are so low with Britney. It's alarming. 

10 hours ago, MM said:

oh cut the bs:tiffhair: the reason we criticize her is bc she doesn't do anything anymore. she made a good album then didn't even talk about it just talked about her favorite colors:usher:. i don't think most of us expect her to tour and tbh i wouldn't have a huge problem with her being in vegas if she actually put effort in it! she doesn't sing a note live, barely dances, and never rehearses. like another user said above, you take a gamble when you see her, you don't know if she will slay or will be half asleep.  she doesn't have a passion for her art anymore. i hate to compare her to her peers, but beyonce stays 40 hours in the studio but britney leaves after laying her vocals once. she doesn't care anymore. and even when she does give interviews it's all about her kids and irrelevant things not related to the music and art. and give me a break with the mom excuse. she shares custody with kevin and the kids are in school 7(?) hours a day...she has plenty of time to go to the studio to rehearse a little bit. plus even on holidays and vacations she doesn't even stay with her kids so it's a dumb excuse.  like i said before, i would have no problem with her being in vegas and not being on top of the world if she actually found the passion again and put it into her work. she's a grown woman she should be able to handle scrutiny :walkoff:

And also why isn't she doing anything else in addition to music?  Both Beyonce and Kelly Clarkson, for instance, are signed up to do voice over work.   And Britney easily has a more dynamic voice than both but she doesn't even seem to be exploring that. 

But back to music, I agree.  She has a wealth of time to better herself as a performer and doesn't do it.  Perhaps when she resumes her show or starts a new residency she might evolve, but if not, she really does have to face scrutiny considering how much money she's being paid compared to other artists (Paula Abdul) who are harder workers and better performers than her.

While she's already extremely rich herself, the fact that Janet will earn much less money than Britney on her tour despite being a totally inferior performer arguably looks bad.  What should make up for diminished choreography is singing ballads live.  It's actually probably best Britney is less relevant right now because if she were more relevant people would criticize how much money she's being paid for her performing compared to other artists who sing live or dance better than her.

4 minutes ago, Yukisenpi28 said:

You guys just rlly need to get over it , she is going to do what she wants and what makes her happy ....deal with it or stand elsewhere. Your countless bitching on a forum is not going to change ****.:whitney: You either accept how she is or you don't and move on . :lemmetellu:

tell'em sis :lemmetellu:

Hmmmm :calculating:

The show has been a success overall and she's the best she's been in years mentally and physically. I mean... of course there are improvements needed. However a year off to scrap all traces of POM and get a new concept for a new show might be exciting.

I vote a world tour next year and maybe a new song or 2. I think it's unrealistic to expect a full album next year but we can hope.

Bring on the new Britney promo plastered over the strip.

Slay hun :milkney:

8 hours ago, asitalian12587 said:

I think we have different notions on what passion means

5 hours ago, lolo. said:

I think we have different notions on what passion means

guess so. when i see her creative input, how she lit up in her interviews about the album, how producers/writers who worked with her said she was really creative, professional, and heavily involved in the album, i consider that passion. could there always be more? has she shown more in the past? of course. but i appreciate the upward trend we saw with glory. 

• 2 months later...

Archived