is britney turned into a nostalgia act?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

I don't think Britney did that to get attention:orangu: That was her inner Britney *****.

Britney even said that during rehearsal that wasn't even planned, they were both gonna do their own thing, then on stage she changed it up and interacted with him. I think she knew what she was doing 

In rehearsals, there wasn’t really anything planned for us to do, so when we got there … I didn’t honestly really know what I was doing. I do something similar to that in my show in Vegas, so I went on automatic with what I do performing live, and I just did what I do to the dancers in Vegas,” Spears told the station. “We did rehearse. We had one rehearsal. We didn’t really touch each other. It was just like, ‘Hey, okay, you do your thing. I’ll do my thing'

http://people.com/tv/britney-spears-g-eazy-didnt-try-to-kiss-at-vmas-blessed-with-new-album/

But people cared more about her rejecting him :tiffcackle:

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
8 hours ago, Shadow. said:

Britney even said that during rehearsal that wasn't even planned, they were both gonna do their own thing, then on stage she changed it up and interacted with him. I think she knew what she was doing 

http://people.com/tv/britney-spears-g-eazy-didnt-try-to-kiss-at-vmas-blessed-with-new-album/

But people cared more about her rejecting him :tiffcackle:

I know about that, but we all know that fame isn't what Britney wants, it would make more sense for her to kiss him if she wanted the attention:wtfdidusay: So many more stuff she could've done at her comeback at the VMAs, if attention was what she wanted she would've gotten Drake or Justin Bieber on that stage to start with...

Britney has even done similar to her POM dancers...

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
8 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

More so interesting where those 2 songs peaked at

Their peaks were disastrous, although BIM's was worse in every single way. Brit had Tinasha, Madonna had Bey, Kanye, Nicki, Katy, Miley and the list goes on...

Everyone with a long career turns into partially a 'nostalgia act' eventually. But she's still getting Top 3 albums and Top 20 hits, so I don't think she qualifies as one yet. She still has her fans. But even with Madonna...what songs does the GP always wanna hear most? Like a Prayer, Like a Virgin, Vogue...the old classics...not Living for Love...Janet...they wanna hear Rhythm Nation and What Have You Done For Me Lately and songs like that...not No Sleeep...

On 7/15/2017 at 9:54 AM, Oops... I did it again said:

No. The thing with Britney is that she's always full of surprises music wise. There were multiple times where it seemed like she had reached a point of no return, only to come back  with killer albums. Videos and concerts are a different story. (For the most part. Her tours still gross really high for someone who is said to be a nostalgia act)

This right here 

I think she's headed that way bcus she's been so so so quiet. In the whole industry, she doesn't make waves like she used to.

And that's okay if she doesn't want to be on top all the time. But when she's promoting a new album, she should be everywhere!
There's always the lull period where artists lie low.  It just seems like after Circus, she wants to remain lull forever :meltdown: 
Come back queen :crying1:

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2017 at 1:19 AM, slaveneytbh said:

I think she's headed that way bcus she's been so so so quiet. In the whole industry, she doesn't make waves like she used to.

And that's okay if she doesn't want to be on top all the time. But when she's promoting a new album, she should be everywhere!
There's always the lull period where artists lie low.  It just seems like after Circus, she wants to remain lull forever :meltdown: 
Come back queen :crying1:

yea im fine with her lying low sometimes b/c over exposure is a bad thing. But I agree when an album comes out she needs to be promoting

10 minutes ago, britsangel90 said:

all yall talking about her turning into a nostalgia act need to think about this: over exposure is a bad thing. its' boring and monotonous.  

a little mystery keeps it alive, maybe that's way she didn't post on instagram for a few weeks

Underexposure and relying on old hits for relevance isn't good either. :outwithit:

And there's no real mistery about Britney anymore. She goes on interviews saying she's boring and that really kills the momentum. :outwithit:

Archived