is britney turned into a nostalgia act?

jennifer lopez,shakira,beyonce and even madonna has still stong careers but apparently britney's career is really about to die. make me and slumber party can't even broke 100m views. britney google search results are %70 down since 2013. glory can't even sell 1m with several promos. people shares her old music on social medias, not the new ones. her last 'hit' is work *****. and so many people on internet criticizing her surgery. thankfully her piece of me asia tour was successful but i think it's just because of everyone wanted to see britney and listen her old hits. my friends said to me they don't hear music straight since femme fatale era. so b10 era is so dangerous, all of her need is incredible superbowl show. but it's not going to happen. 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney as a performer is no way near ready for a Super Bowl. 

She needs to prove herself before doing something that literally millions of ppl see and talk about. These ppl aren't pop fans either. Current Britney would be a laughing stock going out there in the way she currently performs.'

Her team is selling her as a nostalgic act and that is terrible because she is so young. They are just lazy and don't want to put work into new hits 

No. The thing with Britney is that she's always full of surprises music wise. There were multiple times where it seemed like she had reached a point of no return, only to come back  with killer albums. Videos and concerts are a different story. (For the most part. Her tours still gross really high for someone who is said to be a nostalgia act)

The answer is yes but the difference with the artists you mentioned is that Britney chose it herself.She halfasses all of her latest works and seems to don't even try it.If she wants to she can be on top anytime again but she's not ready for the spotlight and the hard work.She's more on a relaxed lazy phase.

Edit:Even POM and the tour are clearly based on nostalgia.

^^Her tour grossed high because she visited countries that had seen her very little or not at all. The residency has good attendance because of diehard fans who can travel, casual fans who enjoy the sense of nostalgia, and Vegas tourists who need a show to go to for the night. 

Also, every new album or show since 07 is hyped up as some sort of comeback. 

So we'll see what her numbers will be when she comes with a new album and hopefully isn't performing her greatest hits (which is what draws crowds) more than new material. 

2 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

Britney as a performer is no way near ready for a Super Bowl. 

She needs to prove herself before doing something that literally millions of ppl see and talk about. These ppl aren't pop fans either. Current Britney would be a laughing stock going out there in the way she currently performs.'

Her team is selling her as a nostalgic act and that is terrible because she is so young. They are just lazy and don't want to put work into new hits 

Only Britney decides what she is and is not ready for

Yes and no, she truly needs to step it up but nobody can do that except for Britney. Super bowl would be super risky and I wouldn't chance it. Not when jlo and Beyoncé can perform crazy routines and have productions. We don't need a piece of me production. She needs a new team, keep Larry if you want but get rid of everyone else and hire younger people who know what works through social media

1 minute ago, britneyluvva said:

Yes and no, she truly needs to step it up but nobody can do that except for Britney. Super bowl would be super risky and I wouldn't chance it. Not when jlo and Beyoncé can perform crazy routines and have productions. We don't need a piece of me production. She needs a new team, keep Larry if you want but get rid of everyone else and hire younger people who know what works through social media

Beyonce has never done crazy routines 

Her routines are pretty basic

Just now, Spearsfan said:

I can see it with my own eyes. 

I don't need to know her personally to know she doesn't know what's going on during times 

Again, you don't know her personally

We all know Britney has never gave 2 ***** what another will ever have to say about her

Like I said, It will only ever be up to Britney what she can and cannot do

4 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Again, you don't know her personally

We all know Britney has never gave 2 ***** what another will ever have to say about her

Like I said, It will only ever be up to Britney what she can and cannot do

Okay well then she would be made fun of. 

It would be a poor decision and possibly the end of her career. Showing up to the Super Bowl lipping and dancing like she does. 

2 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Never underestimate Britney as she has shown throughtout her career

It's too risky and she didn't deliver at the VMAs. Where it should have been huge. 

BBMA was great but one out of hundreds of performances stand out... that isn't good. 

1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

It's too risky and she didn't deliver at the VMAs. Where it should have been huge. 

BBMA was great but one out of hundreds of performances stand out... that isn't good. 

She did deliver at the VMA

She showed she did not need a flashy, over the top presentation to command the stage and give a good performance because the song did not call for that, and she shines regardless.

1 minute ago, Cappycorn87 said:

She did deliver at the VMA

She showed she did not need a flashy, over the top presentation to command the stage and give a good performance because the song did not call for that, and she shines regardless.

She was over shadowed and she does need that because she doesn't sing and her dancing isn't up to par. 

Archived