is britney turned into a nostalgia act?

29 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Even Floppy party peaked higher than BIM which only entered BB100 after a desperate attempt when Madonna had to invite people like Beyonce, Katy, Miley, Kanye, Rita Ora and more to be in the mv, not to mention that nicki was featured. That song was a huge flop. Ain't Your Mama was bigger than anything Britney has released since 2014 worldwide, not in the us or uk (where it was outside the top 70 and #182 in UK).

interesting:urite:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, britbitch94 said:

Her career isn't about to die, it's already dead. She has made zero effort at being relevant and she is paying the price. Britney and her team will regret it in a few years when her music doesn't bring in as much money as they would like

In fairness, very few artists are actually bringing in that much money through music alone.

People are mentioning Jlo; I agree her music career is in the same area as Britney or worse but she's way more relevant right now.  She's doing two NBC shows and producing a musical for NBC for 2018.

Britney is literally not doing anything else. (Voice over animation is a logical move)  I'm not sure why she wants to have much of a music career in the future  if she's not going to adapt as a performer because she's certainly not bringing in new audiences with her current performing and worse costuming. (Perhaps she'll eliminate these costumes in the future)

While paparazzi should respect people's privacy I feel that the pictures of her smoking alienates fans because it simply lessens the chances of her singing live again; and she has no choice but to sing songs live in the future if she wants new fans/music relevancy.

omg exhale is pure drama lol

Britney still doing well

Make me was 17

she just need promo and good marketing

:outwithit:

check the other pop gurls... Selena, demi, miley, Gaga, perry 

britney is doing bad but not like everybody thinks 

so :outwithit:

really :outwithit:

let it go and wait for b10, b11, and b12

if our girl were christina I would be very worry

18 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

In fairness, very few artists are actually bringing in that much money through music alone.

People are mentioning Jlo; I agree her music career is in the same area as Britney or worse but she's way more relevant right now.  She's doing two NBC shows and producing a musical for NBC for 2018.

Britney is literally not doing anything else. (Voice over animation is a logical move)  I'm not sure why she wants to have much of a music career in the future  if she's not going to adapt as a performer because she's certainly not bringing in new audiences with her current performing and worse costuming. (Perhaps she'll eliminate these costumes in the future)

While paparazzi should respect people's privacy I feel that the pictures of her smoking alienates fans because it simply lessens the chances of her singing live again; and she has no choice but to sing songs live in the future if she wants new fans/music relevancy.

You're right that they are not bringing in that much much through music alone, but they are bringing it in through other financial ventures. Britney is just kicking back taking trips to hawaii expecting her career to thrive whenever she decides to put some effort into it again. I don't think she realizes the clock is ticking. Her #1 hits may not keeping...but her bills and expenses sure will every month. 

12 hours ago, ebritneybeat said:

The answer is yes but the difference with the artists you mentioned is that Britney chose it herself.She halfasses all of her latest works and seems to don't even try it.If she wants to she can be on top anytime again but she's not ready for the spotlight and the hard work.She's more on a relaxed lazy phase.

Edit:Even POM and the tour are clearly based on nostalgia.

15 hours ago, sue the expectional earner said:

jennifer lopez,shakira,beyonce and even madonna has still stong careers but apparently britney's career is really about to die. make me and slumber party can't even broke 100m views. britney google search results are %70 down since 2013. glory can't even sell 1m with several promos. people shares her old music on social medias, not the new ones. her last 'hit' is work *****. and so many people on internet criticizing her surgery. thankfully her piece of me asia tour was successful but i think it's just because of everyone wanted to see britney and listen her old hits. my friends said to me they don't hear music straight since femme fatale era. so b10 era is so dangerous, all of her need is incredible superbowl show. but it's not going to happen. 

Lmao.. Lady Gaga's John wayne 23 million views with a good video and very good promo issues for Joanne and Gaga but only 23 million... Lady Gaga's career is dead?? 

12 hours ago, ebritneybeat said:

The answer is yes but the difference with the artists you mentioned is that Britney chose it herself.She halfasses all of her latest works and seems to don't even try it.If she wants to she can be on top anytime again but she's not ready for the spotlight and the hard work.She's more on a relaxed lazy phase.

Edit:Even POM and the tour are clearly based on nostalgia.

This!! She's not ready for the spotlight... Maybe next station B10...I hope.. 

Yeah, I guess so, POM, Live In Concert, BBMA, AMF10 and her festival setlists all prove that.

But I think it's more of a nostalgia for the fans, and not to the general public

I mean, on the fans side:

• Fan-favorites Blackout and In The Zone are very well represented with the non-single tracks
  • her old hits are all remixed to be fresh

But, on the general public side:

• Maaaaany of her recognizable old songs such as Sometimes, Born To Make You Happy, Lucky, Overprotected and Not A Girl are not in the setlist
  • Femme Fatale, her last era with big hits, is severely underrepresented
  • BOMT, arguably her biggest hit aside from Toxic, has been remixed in a way all the recognizable elements from the original song were wiped out (no piano, pitched vocals)

So I'm not sure where they want to go with it

But is her career "dead" or "dying"? No. Not at all lol

She recently made news because she sang "happy birthday" in a show, how's that for someone's whose career is apparently dying?

POM is gonna be over soon, who knows, maybe after it they're gearing something for the next album and make a proper tour for it instead of a greatest hits show

I am a teen too and the first time I remember hearing about Britney was during her breakdown. And then I remember the buzz about Womanizer and Circus. And that's when I fully knew about her. I didn't really care much for pop culture until like 2012 and I knew about Femme Fatale and actually liked the singles. But the moment I really started to get into her stuff was when I saw her on the X-Factor. I thought she was weird but entertaining. I checked out the 2001 VMAs and I already knew about Baby and Toxic but I checked all her older music videos and became a fan and it wasn't until last year at her BBMAs performance that I really became a stan. What I am trying to say with this is that yes, she is a nostalgia act but if she keeps delivering with her music and delivers with her performances on award shows and thinks like that and promotes her music as a current act. She can easily gain the gp and make herself a current act. 

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
4 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

interesting:urite:

:wtfdidusay: Not really interesting since their careers haven't been interesting for years...

5 hours ago, Silver_Nintendo said:

She recently made news because she sang "happy birthday" in a show, how's that for someone's whose career is apparently dying?

Those headlines were bound to happen for someone who's been known for lip-syncing for her entire career. Not exactly an accomplishment, seeing as anyone can make headlines for doing something shocking. 

2 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

John Wayne wasn't a single. She just shot a video for the fans. 

What a connection??  Lol. 

She's ARTPOP film only 76 million views.. Second single is Million reasons performed on Superbowl(+extra extra performed million times on TV prog.) and only 71 million views.. Also Gaga's ninth years of career.. but Slumber Party had no promo and almost 70 million views.. :angietea:

7 minutes ago, Godllory said:

What a connection??  Lol. 

She's ARTPOP film only 76 million views.. Million reasons performed on Superbowl and only 71 million views.. Also Gaga's ninth years of career.. but Slumber Party had no promo and almost 70 million views.. :angietea:

Million Reasons did well in sales and Spotify. Slumber Party only has that many views because of the fans overplaying in the hope that it would cross the Top 80 of the Hot 100. 

Let's compare singles:

PI - #15 vs. MM - #17

MR - #4 vs. SP -#86

TC - #39 (still charting at #50 with no MV and only a Coachella debut as promo).

7 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Million Reasons did well in sales and Spotify. Slumber Party only has that many views because of the fans overplaying in the hope that it would cross the Top 80 of the Hot 100. 

Let's compare singles:

PI - #15 vs. MM - #17

MR - #4 vs. SP -#86

TC - #39 (still charting at #50 with no MV and only a Coachella debut as promo).

Overplaying? Lol. Slumber party had no promotion!! And Gaga's ninth years of career. And she's million times performed on everywhere... and killed superbowl.. but flopy flopga.. Are u understanding?? :tiffcackle:

1 minute ago, Godllory said:

Overplaying? Lol. Slumber party had no promotion!! And Gaga's ninth years of career. And she's million times performed on everywhere... Are u understanding?? :tiffcackle:

Gaga is still getting top 5 hits so what is your point? :tiffcackle: Do you wanna talk about SP's horrible streams on Spotify and how The Cure, a single with no video, has outstreamed SP by miles? :tiffcackle: And I was talking about how the fans were overplaying the video, not the GP. :tiffcackle: You really think Britney is doing better than Gaga right now? :tiffcackle:

17 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Gaga is still getting top 5 hits so what is your point? :tiffcackle: Do you wanna talk about SP's horrible streams on Spotify and how The Cure, a single with no video, has outstreamed SP by miles? :tiffcackle: And I was talking about how the fans were overplaying the video, not the GP. :tiffcackle: You really think Britney is doing better than Gaga right now? :tiffcackle:

Your talked is so..  :tiffcackle: Gaga's ninth years of career and was still hard *** promo for the "album".... Is your brain getting away??  :tiffcackle: what do you compare with what??  :tiffcackle:

Archived