Why Britney doesn't sing the chorus of 'Early Mornin' and 'He About To Lose Me'?

I always skip "Early Mornin" and "He About To Lose Me" because Britney doesn't sing the choruses. They sound unfinished, like demos. Britney can easily sing those choruses, so why the hell they didn't ask her to sing them or let her sing them? She also doesn't sing some parts of "The Hook Up" it's so annoying tbh :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

I wanna hear other's opinion on this. let me know what y'all think down below :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Haha 1
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, UnderHisSpell said:

I always skip "Early Mornin" and "He About To Lose Me" because Britney doesn't sing the choruses. They sound unfinished, like demos. Britney can easily sing those choruses, so why the hell they didn't ask her to sing them or let her sing them? She also doesn't sing some parts of "The Hook Up" it's so annoying tbh :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

I wanna hear other's opinion on this. let me know what y'all think down below :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Britney: "Maybe you can go to Youtube and listen to the live versions". :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

:umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

1 hour ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

With "Early Mornin" I think it was a stylistic choice. She has a chorus that's reminiscent of "her girls" and she's sort of singing lead and doing runs backed by them. 

She actually IS on the chorus of "He About To Lose Me", she's just buried in background singers. I definitely prefer this mix that puts her vocal front and center where it belongs.

I think even with this mix, the myah marie bg vocals are still overpowering what sounds like Britney singing in a much lower register.

1 hour ago, UnderHisSpell said:

I agreed with you in "He Bacillus Me"/"The Flop Up"

We never really got an answer for either of those songs. A lot of people say that Early Mornin’ was a stylistic choice and that Penelope Magnet works well enough, but I personally think Britney just didn’t have the time to record it. We know she was spread so incredibly thin during the ITZ era, so it makes sense that that would eventually bleed over into her music and it would be negatively effected too.  

With He About To Lose Me… I think Britney just didn’t care. She was told the conservatorship would be lifted once the Circus Tour was finished, and instead it was made permanent around 2010 when she was recording FF. She was probably incredibly despondent during this time and was just going through the motions, and again the music suffered because of this. 

When I was younger, I always thought the choir bg vocals in her songs were too overpowering and that i couldn't hear her singing unless they were remixes or live performances. And toxic was a song many people thought Britney wasn't singing on the chorus but with the leaked stems she was indeed singing, just blended well with the bg vocals.

I think she is singing in HATLM, but on a lower octave, maybe she is in early morning but only provided one or two recordings and decided to focus on the ad libs. Or the producer just didn't like the vibe and decided to get rid of her voice. Or maybe it was Britney's choice. Who knows.

I guess this is another example of 'we can't know everything'. Unless we're the producer,  can only wonder.

• Like 1

I love Early Mornin' is such a vibe. This is what I found about the song:

It was originally recorded with Spears singing in her natural lower voice with an uncensored chorus. Her A&R Steve Lunt then had her rerecord it in a higher pitched vocal due to him not allowing her to use her natural deep tone. A snippet of the original has leaked.[4]

The chorus is performed by rapper and co-writer Penelope Magnet, who is credited in the liner notes. Male backing vocals are performed by Kyron Leslie and Tricky Stewart.

You can listen to snippet of the demo, and the chorus is pretty much the same as the final song so I guess is was a creative decision made by Moby, Britney or both.

Edited by J45x
  • Love 1

We obviously don't know why, but we do know that she's a SPONTANEOUS artist (this is barely discussed here...), she won't spend hours working on one thing, she goes with her guts and then on to the next thing. So probably she didn't get to record everything, and then she left, and never came back (that definitely happened with "Tom's Diner", like Moroder himself said), and then producers had to finish the songs with what they got... WHICH WAS ALREADY A POT A GOLD, SO...

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Early Mornin' always seemed stylistic to me, but He About to Lose Me I only listen to main vocal mix with on the lead for the chorus.

I think for HATLM she probably didn't have time to rerecord the lead in a higher register/the producer liked the higher demo vocal.

It's especially disappointing because I love her verse vocals on the song and I remember the first time listening thinking, that's not Britney...

TLDR;  HATLM is the superior underrated Britney track listen with her vocals :cigney_britney_smoking_smoke_lit_light_2007_fur_cigarette:

Stylistic choice. The songs are both done well using another singer on the song while keeping Britney the main vocalist. I look at it like when a rapper does a song with a singer who does the chorus.. although Britney Jean just straight up tried to replace the main vocals with a BG singers vocals.. that was highly deceiving and cringey. A ton of Britney songs have another singers vocals layered well and it’s never bothered me until will I am 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block