Why Britney doesn't sing the chorus of 'Early Mornin' and 'He About To Lose Me'?

17 hours ago, UnderHisSpell said:

I always skip "Early Mornin" and "He About To Lose Me" because Britney doesn't sing the choruses. They sound unfinished, like demos. Britney can easily sing those choruses, so why the hell they didn't ask her to sing them or let her sing them? She also doesn't sing some parts of "The Hook Up" it's so annoying tbh :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

I wanna hear other's opinion on this. let me know what y'all think down below :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Britney doesn’t sing a lot of parts of a lot of songs going all the way back to the oops album. It’s her trademark basically to highlight other vocalists❤️

17 hours ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

With "Early Mornin" I think it was a stylistic choice. She has a chorus that's reminiscent of "her girls" and she's sort of singing lead and doing runs backed by them. 

She actually IS on the chorus of "He About To Lose Me", she's just buried in background singers. I definitely prefer this mix that puts her vocal front and center where it belongs.

That is actually Mickey Shiloh under Ina. Britney doesn’t sing on the chorus

13 hours ago, Crayboy said:

She 100% sings on HATLM

However the vocals are layered. She does the lower vocals whole the BG singer does the higher ones. We just hear a good portion of her, but Britney's there.

WWW.TIKTOK.COM

Behind the scenes things I’ve never shared #songwriter #independentartist

15 hours ago, J45x said:

I love Early Mornin' is such a vibe. This is what I found about the song:

It was originally recorded with Spears singing in her natural lower voice with an uncensored chorus. Her A&R Steve Lunt then had her rerecord it in a higher pitched vocal due to him not allowing her to use her natural deep tone. A snippet of the original has leaked.[4]

The chorus is performed by rapper and co-writer Penelope Magnet, who is credited in the liner notes. Male backing vocals are performed by Kyron Leslie and Tricky Stewart.

You can listen to snippet of the demo, and the chorus is pretty much the same as the final song so I guess is was a creative decision made by Moby, Britney or both.

I hope we get the full version of the demo one day! Britney sounds good using her natural voice.

On 11/24/2023 at 7:38 PM, bitbitboi said:

We obviously don't know why, but we do know that she's a SPONTANEOUS artist (this is barely discussed here...), she won't spend hours working on one thing, she goes with her guts and then on to the next thing. So probably she didn't get to record everything, and then she left, and never came back (that definitely happened with "Tom's Diner", like Moroder himself said), and then producers had to finish the songs with what they got... WHICH WAS ALREADY A POT A GOLD, SO...

I don’t think Britney sings on Tom’s Diner at all. Not a single note. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block