🚨"She will never get out of it. This is a lesson for her to learn how to treat her family!" -Allegedly Lynne on Britney being locked up.

5 hours ago, BadBunny said:

A victim's reasons for staying with their abusers are extremely complex and, in most cases, are based on the reality that their abuser will follow through with the threats they have used to keep them trapped. The victim in violent relationships knows their abuser best and fully knows the extent to which they will go to make sure they have and can maintain control over the victim. The victim literally may not be able to safely escape or protect those they love which is why it may have took as long as it did. This is based on research from the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence. 

Remember that abusive relationships are extremely complex situations and it takes a lot of courage to leave. We should be praising (and not diminishing) the fact that one did leave considering that some never do or ever make it out to that point. 25 years or not, it’s still better late than never. I personally know a lot of refugees from Afghanistan who, at the time of their abuse, weren’t able to process the trauma until much later in life. That or it was difficult to escape and often times, it would lead to acid attacks or kidnapping their children. No matter how long it takes, let’s not try to guilt people for taking as long as they need.

Excuses excuses

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, 2K16NEY said:

Excuses excuses

It’s not an excuse though. It’s literally based on research and evidence from the NCADV. Don’t guilt or shame people for taking as long as they need for walking out of an abusive relationship. I would never do that and neither should you. It may take months, years, a decade or two. There’s no shame in that and not every situation is the same. It also took that poor Afghan woman years until she learned how to walk away from her husband after she was assaulted and chemically burned.  Life is not a one-size-fits-all for everyone nor are these situations as easy to walk away from as it may sound to you. One of my best friend’s mother was in an abusive relationship/marriage with a mentally ill man whose condition progressed over the years and for her, it took 26 years until she walked away due to the circumstances she was under.

Edited by BadBunny
2 hours ago, Bigno said:

This mentality is pervasive and I am speaking from a simple mental health perspective. No. A mother is not "a mother". That title should be earned as any other title. Genetics do not earn you a special position. Of course, this has been the narrative and that is how abusive power dynamics have been perpetuated for eons. "A priest is a priest. Respect is due". Also the worst mur***ers and trash people have come from a woman's womb. As far as I know, no abuser has been brought to life from a cave. And so?? This woman is absolutely despicable, not only because she was complicit in her own daughter's enslavement, but also because she pretended not to be. Plus, if we are going to mention the importance of motherhood and the due respect towards it, wouldnn't it make her crimes all the worse? 

Now, to those saying SL is being santified, I doubt it. He remains an azzjoul, but it does not take away from the awfulness of her fam. At least, he is a leech who was never supposed to protect her. His awfulness remains, but so do theirs.

To be fair, Britney became a slave to the system from the second she released BOMT. From there, she became a commodity and music industry product whose mental health and personal life was often times disregarded. She was under such a heavy microscope and placed on a pedestal that often times, she couldn’t make her own mistakes in peace. The system and cut-throat industry in itself was more the issue hence why the topic of mental health is less of a taboo than when she first debuted. Lynne was always just passive and not a really authoritative figure. If she was, she wouldn’t have let her daughter marry Kevin but who could control Britney at that time? She had the power, the fame and the money. This was before the divorce and before the postpartum where her confidence seeped through. I remember that MTV Special where Britney said that her mother would be upset if she got a tattoo but she ended up getting one anyway, or when she shaved her hair and told Esther that the only person she was being mindful of was her mother because she knew she would be hurt once she found out. She ended up shaving her hair anyway. Britney’s reality ultimately became extremely skewed and altered. I just don’t think many people, including her own family members could really comprehend the magnitude of Britney’s megastardom and they got lost in the sauce. Fame is more complex and complicated than we can ever imagine. 

Edited by BadBunny
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, BadBunny said:

To be fair, Britney became a slave to the system from the second she released BOMT. From there, she became a commodity and music industry product whose mental health and personal life was often times disregarded. She was under such a heavy microscope and placed on a pedestal that often times, she couldn’t make her own mistakes in peace. The system and cut-throat industry in itself was more the issue hence why the topic of mental health is less of a taboo than when she first debuted. Lynne was always just passive and not a really authoritative figure. If she was, she wouldn’t have let her daughter marry Kevin but who could control Britney at that time? She had the power, the fame and the money. This was before the divorce and before the postpartum where her confidence seeped through. I remember that MTV Special where Britney said that her mother would be upset if she got a tattoo but she ended up getting one anyway, or when she shaved her hair and told Esther that the only person she was being mindful of was her mother because she knew she would be hurt once she found out. She ended up shaving her hair anyway. Britney’s reality ultimately became extremely skewed and altered. I just don’t think many people, including her own family members could really comprehend the magnitude of Britney’s megastardom and she got lost in the sauce throughout the process.

These are all valid points. I dont think anyone is made for that kind of stardom. Especially so young. Thats why its so important to have a good team and family that keeps you grounded.

Britneys family was not prepaired nor had the knowledge about the industry. 

However: after 20+ years you learn a thing or two. Lynne could have at least googled mental health, c-ship and dementia. 

I try not to judge but after Through The Storm and what we know after the fact its hard to have much respect left. 

I bought the book thinking Britney was on board. I was also hoping for some insight because I saw one of my favourite artist struggle. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, BadBunny said:

It also took that poor Afghan woman years until she learned how to walk away from her husband after she was assaulted and chemically burned.

2 hours ago, BadBunny said:

One of my best friend’s mother was in an abusive relationship/marriage with a mentally ill man whose condition progressed over the years and for her, it took 26 years until she walked away due to the circumstances she was under.

Please take this as a compliment. I just want to point out my favorite thing about you is your ability to derail a thread so hard that we end up talking about the holocaust or afghan chemical burning instead of trashing teamcon. It’s genuinely funny and I’m not being sarcastic, no shade 

• Love 1
  • Haha 7
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Please take this as a compliment. I just want to point out my favorite thing about you is your ability to derail a thread so hard that we end up talking about the holocaust or afghan chemical burning instead of trashing teamcon. It’s genuinely funny and I’m not being sarcastic, no shade 

A user had mentioned abusive relationships and I’m sharing personal examples and observations, as well as data from sources about how walking away from an abusive relationship in itself can be a lot more complex than we sometimes think. I don’t think there’s anything funny about that but rather understanding insight. We’re allowed to discuss multiple things at once.

Edited by BadBunny
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, BadBunny said:

To be fair, Britney became a slave to the system from the second she released BOMT. From there, she became a commodity and music industry product whose mental health and personal life was often times disregarded. She was under such a heavy microscope and placed on a pedestal that often times, she couldn’t make her own mistakes in peace. The system and cut-throat industry in itself was more the issue hence why the topic of mental health is less of a taboo than when she first debuted. Lynne was always just passive and not a really authoritative figure. If she was, she wouldn’t have let her daughter marry Kevin but who could control Britney at that time? She had the power, the fame and the money. This was before the divorce and before the postpartum where her confidence seeped through. I remember that MTV Special where Britney said that her mother would be upset if she got a tattoo but she ended up getting one anyway, or when she shaved her hair and told Esther that the only person she was being mindful of was her mother because she knew she would be hurt once she found out. She ended up shaving her hair anyway. Britney’s reality ultimately became extremely skewed and altered. I just don’t think many people, including her own family members could really comprehend the magnitude of Britney’s megastardom and they got lost in the sauce. Fame is more complex and complicated than we can ever imagine. 

"The only person she was being mindful of was her mother" - 🥺

• Love 1
6 hours ago, BadBunny said:

It’s not an excuse though. It’s literally based on research and evidence from the NCADV. Don’t guilt or shame people for taking as long as they need for walking out of an abusive relationship. I would never do that and neither should you. It may take months, years, a decade or two. There’s no shame in that and not every situation is the same. It also took that poor Afghan woman years until she learned how to walk away from her husband after she was assaulted and chemically burned.  Life is not a one-size-fits-all for everyone nor are these situations as easy to walk away from as it may sound to you. One of my best friend’s mother was in an abusive relationship/marriage with a mentally ill man whose condition progressed over the years and for her, it took 26 years until she walked away due to the circumstances she was under.

You have to take responsibility for your actions. If Jamie is living with JL then it’s clear they are all still friendly. 

I understand firsthand what it is like to be in an abusive relationship. It doesn’t take 25 years to see the light and move on. Jamie didn’t have a medical condition, he was an alcoholic. He repeatedly chose to drink over being sober and there for his family. If she had the drive to go to Orlando for auditions, New York for broadway, all over Louisiana for competitions, she could have easily snuck away and taken the kids somewhere. She raised all 3 children in that toxic environment then she even got back together with Jamie in 2009! 

She saw Jamie’s control over their adult daughter and saw nothing wrong with it. Never once helped Britney attain a lawyer, never once filed a petition to end the conservatorship. She stood by her man even after it all.

• Love 7
  • Like 2
18 hours ago, Gutterguppy2.0 said:

Mmhmm, yeah. Blame it on democracy. Last I checked this is not a political forum. I don't need to prove you wrong, anyone with eyes can see your comment was completely out of line. Do you even know the basics of child rearing? Are you a parent? 

It's insane that I get warning points for calling this "fan" out. He can call me whatever but somehow saying that he's wasting his time on Exhale is disrespectful. Yeah sure. 

• Love 3
Just now, OneTrackMind said:

It's insane that I get warning points for calling this "fan" out. He can call me whatever but somehow saying that he's wasting his time on Exhale is disrespectful. Yeah sure. 

Sorry that happened 😞 I suppose it’s better for us to keep our mouths shut and not report users who purposely defend abusers. 

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Gutterguppy2.0 said:

Sorry that happened 😞 I suppose it’s better for us to keep our mouths shut and not report users who purposely defend abusers. 

I mean Jordan tolerated users here who trolled here for months, even calling him names, and he got fed up after a while. It's insane!! If I wrote the **** that some people here do about for example gaga on a gaga forum/reddit, I'd be banned within minutes. Anything that makes people post and make him money. I don't care for the ads (even though there are  A LOT) but not banning people who defend Britney's abusers on a Britney forum is such a joke. I come here because there is NO PLACE for Britney fans anymore. Everywhere there so many mean comments, even when she's not doing anything.

I think it's the best for all of us to ignore him and block him. There are people with different opinions (which is fine lmao but on Exhale you need to clarify everything) but then there is THIS. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, BadBunny said:

A user had mentioned abusive relationships and I’m sharing personal examples and observations, as well as data from sources about how walking away from an abusive relationship in itself can be a lot more complex than we sometimes think. I don’t think there’s anything funny about that but rather understanding insight. We’re allowed to discuss multiple things at once.

I don’t know why you’re being defensive I was just trying to be nice :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

• Love 1
20 hours ago, BadBunny said:

Here you go again with your attempt to gaslight users and go off-topic. I never said that gay men can’t be parents, it’s just less common. Research shows that about 15% of same-s** couples have children which is less common than opposite-s** couples. I’d be curious to know who on Exhale that actively posts actually has children because I doubt it’s more than 1 in 10. 

Wow. This is actually disgusting. And the fact that you’re back-tracking and trying to explain yourself with statistics is pathetic. I found a lot of your comments amusing and recently tried to have a sense of humor about the drama, but this is next-level. I really wish you would just leave exhale. Screw you. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

You have to take responsibility for your actions. If Jamie is living with JL then it’s clear they are all still friendly. 

I understand firsthand what it is like to be in an abusive relationship. It doesn’t take 25 years to see the light and move on. Jamie didn’t have a medical condition, he was an alcoholic. He repeatedly chose to drink over being sober and there for his family. If she had the drive to go to Orlando for auditions, New York for broadway, all over Louisiana for competitions, she could have easily snuck away and taken the kids somewhere. She raised all 3 children in that toxic environment then she even got back together with Jamie in 2009! 

She saw Jamie’s control over their adult daughter and saw nothing wrong with it. Never once helped Britney attain a lawyer, never once filed a petition to end the conservatorship. She stood by her man even after it all.

By the end of the day, JL is still his daughter. I know you would like for that to happen but they’re not just going to neglect him and die. 

And once again, there is no one-size-fits-all in an abusive relationship. Some people are able to process their traumas much faster while for others, it may take years. Some people have children with an abusive partner while others don’t. For my friend’s mother, it took her 26 years because of the circumstance. Walking away from an abusive relationship isn’t always as easy as it may sound to you and there’s no guilt in that. It isn’t so easy as sneaking out of the house with 3 small children and taking them somewhere. Gosh, I wish it were and that divorces could be finalized that quick in court. Human beings are much more complex than that. Also, we don’t know 10% of the entire puzzle piece. James was under Lou’s guise and had that Southern mindset where he was the man of the house and no one could tell him anything. James and Lynne didn’t quite exactly mend their relationship after they divorced in 2002 either. It’s hard enough being a parent, let alone a parent to a multi-million dollar superstar whose personal life was on 24/7 public display for the entire world. I can’t imagine what I would do in a situation like that or how to comprehend that myself. Could Lynne have done better? Absolutely, she isn’t the perfect parent but no one is. Britney isn’t a perfect parent either and I’m sure her own two boys can also make claims about her that we wouldn’t like to hear as well. Lynne also revealed that she blamed herself and went through a lot of grief. At the same time, she wasn’t prepared or equipped enough for her children to have Hollywood careers. 

Edited by BadBunny
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, OneTrackMind said:

I know Britney “fans” love to play revisionism history but once again, that isn’t true at all. I cannot just call you whatever and get away with it. I also got my fair share of WPs by likely the same person who issued you your WPs. Good news for you is that they expire and hopefully you can learn to not be so angry or hostile towards users all the time for sharing their opinions. 

Second, you did not just say that I’m “wasting his time on Exhale”. You called me dumb, falsely accused me of justifying the conservatorship (which I never did), made fun of my profession, called me a boomer (which I’m not), and accused me of being from Louisiana (which once again, I’m not). It was so offensive and defamatory that I don’t even see it in the thread anymore. Newsflash: If I began personally attacking your life and accusing you with a bunch of lies or preconceived notions, I would get WPs too. 

5 hours ago, OneTrackMind said:

I mean Jordan tolerated users here who trolled here for months, even calling him names, and he got fed up after a while. It's insane!! If I wrote the **** that some people here do about for example gaga on a gaga forum/reddit, I'd be banned within minutes. Anything that makes people post and make him money. I don't care for the ads (even though there are  A LOT) but not banning people who defend Britney's abusers on a Britney forum is such a joke. I come here because there is NO PLACE for Britney fans anymore. Everywhere there so many mean comments, even when she's not doing anything.

I think it's the best for all of us to ignore him and block him. There are people with different opinions (which is fine lmao but on Exhale you need to clarify everything) but then there is THIS. 

Once again, that isn’t true. If that were the case, @Jordan Miller would instantly ban users like Lola (and so many others) who attacked him in those threads that called him all sorts of derogatory terms. And unfortunately for you, this place isn’t GagaDaily or Reddit. Users are encouraged to think outside of the box and apply practical thinking skills. No one is necessarily defending Lynne and even if they are, that’s certainly their prerogative. If I don’t call Lynne a “bad mother”, that doesn’t mean I’m suddenly pro-Lynne or anti-Britney. Same goes with fat-shaming Jamie Lynn. I’ve already explained to you my stance on Britney and what she means to me. Public discourse is encouraged on here, as long as it isn’t being blatantly disrespectful or defamatory so I’m sorry that’s not good enough for you. Also, do you really want this place to turn into a dictatorship where users are simply banned for sharing their opinions? Remember how bad that backfired? User @jonloch1 couldn’t have said it better in a recent thread where he feels like he’s being violated by angry and viscous users like you who will use personal attacks whenever they share opinions. Not every Britney fan is going to see “eye-to-eye” and That. Is. Okay. This isn’t 2009 anymore. Yes, some fans are more outspoken while others aren’t. If my opinion isn’t necessarily “popular” at this moment or doesn’t fall in line with the “rose-colored lens” narrative, it doesn’t mean I’m not a fan. But please, thank you. Go ahead and ”ignore” me because not everything that doesn’t fit your agenda or narrative has to be debated or argued. If user A has an opinion on something and you disagree with that user, that’s absolutely fine but why attack them? Provide your counterargument and/or just ignore it. All can be done quite respectfully without going to the lengths you’re going to bc your personal attacks aren’t cute and just seem to come out of a place of insecurity.  It’s about changing the rhetoric so that fans can stop being so verbally violent all the time. Being hateful allows for more negativity and words have a lot of meaning. For them to be carelessly thrown into the world like that can at times, mean a lot more than we think. 

Edited by BadBunny
2 hours ago, Thomkat said:

Wow. This is actually disgusting. And the fact that you’re back-tracking and trying to explain yourself with statistics is pathetic. I found a lot of your comments amusing and recently tried to have a sense of humor about the drama, but this is next-level. I really wish you would just leave exhale. Screw you. 

Let’s talk about it then. I know it’s become a trend at this moment to throw stones or be nasty towards me bc I don’t necessarily have the most popular opinion but help me help you so that I can have a better open mind and learn so that I can retract my statement, if necessary. What exactly did you find disgusting or that I back-tracked on? Because I provided data to support my argument? I doubt many users who are active on Exhale at this moment have children but maybe that’s my ignorance. I thought it’s also common knowledge that the majority on here are gay but who knows, maybe I’m wrong. I’m sorry you took offense to what I said. I would also feel less inclined to post or provide counterarguments if users would stop quoting me by being either just straight up rude or spreading misconceptions about myself.

Edited by BadBunny
On 10/7/2023 at 8:59 AM, Bigno said:

This mentality is pervasive and I am speaking from a simple mental health perspective. No. A mother is not "a mother". That title should be earned as any other title. Genetics does not earn you a special position. Of course, this has been the narrative and that is how abusive power dynamics have been perpetuated for eons. "A priest is a priest. Respect is due". Also the worst mur***ers and trash people have come from a woman's womb. As far as I know, no abuser has been brought to life from a cave. And so?? This woman is absolutely despicable, not only because she was complicit in her own daughter's enslavement, but also because she pretended not to be. Plus, if we are going to mention the importance of motherhood and the due respect towards it, wouldnn't it make her crimes all the worse? 

Now, to those saying SL is being santified, I doubt it. He remains an azzjoul, but it does not take away from the awfulness of her fam. At least, he is a leech who was never supposed to protect her. His awfulness remains, but so do theirs.

..'Also the worst mur***ers and trash people have come from a woman's womb. As far as I know, no abuser has been brought to life from a cave..'

Do you mean that women - who  can only give  birth by the way-  are responsible  for  mur***ers tha are of male genger?

Is this a serious argument?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block