Are you starting to get annoyed with Britney?

OK, first of all regarding Sam,  i wish fans would STFU now about him. Britney clearly loves him and is happy with him. He hasnt done anything to warrant all of the hate from fans. They've been together for 7 years now which is Britneys longest relationship, shes nearly 42, lay off the guy!!

Regarding her IG, she can post what she wants. my only concern [and it was a concern, not judgement] was when she was posting completely naked pics of herself only because i was worried she didnt value herself to keep her body to herself. But if shes doing it just because she wants to, then its her decision

I think the sad thing about Britney is she never got the chance to properly grow up because she was working since she was a little girl and controlled for many years, hence  why she still dresses like shes still late teens / early 20s. and i blame her family for that. all Britney know is showbusiness  and was controlled for majority of her adulthood which is i think why she acts a lot younger than 42. Thats my take on it

Edited by jonloch1
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Alio said:

I think people here are a little bit too harsh with the OP, I mean it was expected and pretty predictable that one day Britney will not be the perfect and iconic 20 years old Britney anymore and that's a real conversation to have.

Conservatorship or not, "perfect" mental health/behavior or not we knew the day would come she would move on from the image and brand of her past. It's part of life. How many artist are like Madonna releasing new music and new visual eras after all these years and even in her case I don't think I would be very happy with her right now if I was her fan. 

The thing is everything changes in life, ask yourself where were you when Slave was released, or even Toxic, who were you back then compared to who you are today and who were the friends you were surrounded by ?? 

Probably none of these people are your friends anymore and you probably haven't talk to any of them in years/decades ...

So if you changed, well Britney changed aswell.

It's not the easiest thing to do but we have to accept that life has drastically taken her away from the Britney we fell in love with so many ears ago.

I think Britney always had problems though, and by problems I mean SEVERE emotional baggage from her family...even during the BOMT era, her eyes have a sadness in them and while she has good media training to hide her anxiety, it is still ever present...her nerves abated somewhat during her relationship with JT but I never believed Britney was ever comfortable in the spotlight. It always felt like something sinister was going on behind the curtain, even when she was at her peak. 

The Britney we see today is the result of the anxiety, pain and resentment. She just expresses herself a lot more openly now because she no longer feels indebted to her parents, or that she has to be the 'good girl' who saves them from bankruptcy.

• Love 1
  • Like 5
3 minutes ago, Cancer said:

I think Britney always had problems though, and by problems I mean SEVERE emotional baggage from her family...even during the BOMT era, her eyes have a sadness in them and while she has good media training to hide her anxiety, it is still ever present...her nerves abated somewhat during her relationship with JT but I never believed Britney was ever comfortable in the spotlight. It always felt like something sinister was going on behind the curtain, even when she was at her peak. 

The Britney we see today is the result of the anxiety, pain and resentment. She just expresses herself a lot more openly now because she no longer feels indebted to her parents, or that she has to be the 'good girl' who saves them from bankruptcy.

and also she was ***ualised from a young age. i remember seeing an interview from when she was 18/19 and the guy actually said to her 'you know what everyone's talking about.....your breasts' and the guy was old enough to be her father and Britney laughed nervously and you could see how uncomfortable she was. it was like no one was protecting her and the cship wasnt to protect her, it was to control her and treat her like a money making machine 

• Love 3
  • Like 3
On 8/10/2023 at 10:08 PM, Daniela.tomasseli said:

Not angry, I respect the fact that she is damaged because of her conservatorship but I don’t find current Britney as someone to look up to or to admire like when she was THE Britney Spears. Nowadays is just messy make up, dirty hair, incoherent posts and unflattering Instagram videos with seizure-like “dancing”.

She will always have a special place in my life though.. she was my childhood and my adolescence. 

How old are you? Do you still need someone to look up too at your probably middle age? Grow up. She is a real person with real trauma. Go follow Kim Kardashian if you are looking for perfection. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Almost ruined her life?? They managed to ruin her life!!

I don't understand why her personal life affects you so much, mind your own life an unfollow her.

She went through so much from a young age.. she was abused since 1998. So let her express herself however she wants.

Edited by OneLife
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

You’re entitled to your opinion and it’s not unrealistic. I get it. Even her last video about Botox confused me because it’s back to the baby voice again if not the English, or her deep voice. The dancing is the same for over a year. Who spins around for over a year? Lol and she should take some responsibility and grow. You guys would never believe my story NEVER and I’ve managed to learn and grow up. I realized I had to because no one would save me or love me more than I have to myself. It’s just a part of growing up and maybe it’s going to take her longer but her wish came true and it’s for her to realize alone. And all the people who say we aren’t fans are just idiots with rose tinted glasses not helping her case and probably mentally ill or young/immature so mute them out. I started sharing and not responding months ago lol. Waste of time! 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

You’re entitled to your opinion and it’s not unrealistic. I get it. Even her last video about Botox confused me because it’s back to the baby voice again if not the English, or her deep voice. The dancing is the same for over a year. Who spins around for over a year? Lol and she should take some responsibility and grow. You guys would never believe my story NEVER and I’ve managed to learn and grow up. I realized I had to because no one would save me or love me more than I have to myself. It’s just a part of growing up and maybe it’s going to take her longer but her wish came true and it’s for her to realize alone. And all the people who say we aren’t fans are just idiots with rose tinted glasses not helping her case and probably mentally ill or young/immature so mute them out. I started sharing and not responding months ago lol. Waste of time! 

I respect your opinion, however, the voice complaint is so bothersome to me. Britney's voice changes depending on her mood. It's that simple. Even before the conservatorship, she had fluctuating speaking tones. 

"The dancing is the same for over a year"... Look up her freestyle dancing throughout her life. It's been the same for decades.  

What she shares with us...which is mostly dancing videos on Instagram...is what makes her happy and it's not what she does all day. 

She's been more secretive with us this past year and perhaps there's a reason for that...

Let's wait for the book.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, Lola2790 said:

I respect your opinion, however, the voice complaint is so bothersome to me. Britney's voice changes depending on her mood. It's that simple. Even before the conservatorship, she had fluctuating speaking tones. 

"The dancing is the same for over a year"... Look up her freestyle dancing throughout her life. It's been the same for decades.  

What she shares with us...which is mostly dancing videos on Instagram...is what makes her happy and it's not what she does all day. 

She's been more secretive with us this past year and perhaps there's a reason for that...

Let's wait for the book.

Well thank you and it’s not to be mean at all. I’m just keeping it real. From our point of view it’s all over the place with the voices and a disagree on that. She never did that before 2007. She always spoke in the same tone. As for the dancing it’s literally her waving her arms and spinning and that’s ok but it’s literally all we get if not a random photo of something. We all have IG and it’s a picture of our lifestyle. If that’s what she chooses to post constantly even though she probably does more it doesn’t sit right. As far as her being secretive well I just think she can’t handle telling the truth about herself but I know she will about others and rightfully so but as I said she needs to take responsibility as well. For example: Was KFed horrible towards her and currently pulling the same crap? Yes. Did she choose to marry him and have two babies with him? Yes! That’s just one of many examples and I want her to grow so this isn’t hate. It’s reality. 

14 hours ago, misstaterth0t said:

I could never be annoyed as I’ve never lived a second of her life and I can’t imagine how much trauma she has. Having empathy is important !!

I think annoyed isn't the best word, maybe frustrated. I have so much empathy for her and what she's been through, and if she's happy in her current state, who are we to criticize? 

However, it is frustrating to watch her basically humiliate herself in front of the world when everybody acknowledged how unfairly she had been treated and fought for her to reclaim her independence, which most importantly she still deserves.

We can't begin to know the trauma she's experienced and have no right to any information about how she's healing. But it's been over a year since the cship ended, she's not being forced to work, and has the kind of money to live comfortably and use it however she wants. Maybe posting these kind of Instagram videos are therapeutic for her, but it seems like she wants it both ways. She has comments disabled, yet has to understand that people will still see them and comment elsewhere. If she truly doesn't want people's opinions, why not record the videos and keep them to herself, or send them to select recipients, or create a secret profile only for her friends?

I really hope she's happy. I just think she's smart enough to know that she can't troll the public, receive criticism for it, and then cry foul when it's not met with unanimous praise

:slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

• Haha 1
  • Like 3

if this goes on for 10 years, I’d be.

We all understand what she’s been through but she may need a social media analyst to help her with regards to online presence etiquette. She has missed so much from that conservatorship.

I love Britney but her social media needs help because it partly is damaging her image.

• Haha 1

If britney living her life is getting under your skin that much then you need to re assess how much emotion you are investing into a person who doesn't even know that you exist. Yes it can be a bit tedious to constantly defend her post trauma way of living to the GP who don't possess the brain cells to understand that she isn't harming anybody and is extremely traumatised from her experiences. That being said you and we have absolutely no right to be fed up or angry, then or now. She is a human being and is the most raw A lister out there. We should up lift her and be proud that she is so open and unrehearsed with her posts and applaud that she is still managing to find her smile despite the unspeakable experiences she faced. She would be the first to tell any "angry" fans to **** themselves and don't come back. 

And despite all the theatrics the bullying GP create about her, nobody can command attention on insta like Britney does. Love her or hate her, it matters not because they're watching anyway. She is THAT bi**h and her insta will one day be a thing of the past which people will forget all about once she decides she has had enough of doing it.

Be careful what you wish for, everyone wanted Vegas to end when they were "fed up" and now we would swallow razors to see her perform again. 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, UnyewsualYew said:

If britney living her life is getting under your skin that much then you need to re assess how much emotion you are investing into a person who doesn't even know that you exist. Yes it can be a bit tedious to constantly defend her post trauma way of living to the GP who don't possess the brain cells to understand that she isn't harming anybody and is extremely traumatised from her experiences. That being said you and we have absolutely no right to be fed up or angry, then or now. She is a human being and is the most raw A lister out there. We should up lift her and be proud that she is so open and unrehearsed with her posts and applaud that she is still managing to find her smile despite the unspeakable experiences she faced. She would be the first to tell any "angry" fans to **** themselves and don't come back. 

And despite all the theatrics the bullying GP create about her, nobody can command attention on insta like Britney does. Love her or hate her, it matters not because they're watching anyway. She is THAT bi**h and her insta will one day be a thing of the past which people will forget all about once she decides she has had enough of doing it.

Be careful what you wish for, everyone wanted Vegas to end when they were "fed up" and now we would swallow razors to see her perform again. 

Whewwww you hit the nail on the head!!

10 hours ago, britneyluv said:

I think annoyed isn't the best word, maybe frustrated. I have so much empathy for her and what she's been through, and if she's happy in her current state, who are we to criticize? 

However, it is frustrating to watch her basically humiliate herself in front of the world when everybody acknowledged how unfairly she had been treated and fought for her to reclaim her independence, which most importantly she still deserves.

We can't begin to know the trauma she's experienced and have no right to any information about how she's healing. But it's been over a year since the cship ended, she's not being forced to work, and has the kind of money to live comfortably and use it however she wants. Maybe posting these kind of Instagram videos are therapeutic for her, but it seems like she wants it both ways. She has comments disabled, yet has to understand that people will still see them and comment elsewhere. If she truly doesn't want people's opinions, why not record the videos and keep them to herself, or send them to select recipients, or create a secret profile only for her friends?

I really hope she's happy. I just think she's smart enough to know that she can't troll the public, receive criticism for it, and then cry foul when it's not met with unanimous praise

:slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

I get what you mean and I agree with you to a certain extent. I think that it is a bit frustrating just seeing how the gp tends to make fun of her and use her dancing videos to justify her conservatorship. You do bring up a good point, it seems that she wants it both ways. If she knows that people are going to criticize her for the videos she posts and she knows that criticism is often negatively affecting her mental health why do it? However, I think it’s just a way of coping and a large part of the healing process is figuring out what is right and healthy. Right now she’s probably just putting these videos out there as a mean of taking back the autonomy that was stripped from her regardless of public opinion. but I think eventually she will begin the receive help possibly in more private ways that are more beneficial to her(not to say she isn’t already doing that, we really don’t know)

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block