Britney Ranked #7 In Top Selling Female Artists Of All Time!

1 hour ago, Pinky98 said:

I believe chart masters only count confirmed/verified sales. That’s why Britney and Madonna’s sales are still so low because their album sales never get counted after about a year of being released.

Why do they stop counting after only a year? I’d love to know the real numbers. But Britney and Madonna both have beyond respectable numbers anyway I guess. 

1 hour ago, Pinky98 said:

A lot of artists are ambiguous about reporting their sales. Keeps it mysterious, and stops the fans going to war 

:orangu_orangutan_ape:
They know their fan bases all too well. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

Sigh...I just dont understand the Taylor positioning. Look, I really respect her, she's a hard worker, she writes well, she's a fierce woman in business, but her music is so SO basic. She never brings anything new to the table, it's more or less her recycling material just in her own way so it seemingly looks new & fresh, but it really isnt. 

I just feel like being this high in the list should come as a result of evolving artistry, and all these artists did it, except for Taylor Swift. These women ACTUALLY changed the industry with their albums and songs, and that includes Britney with Blackout. None of Taylor's albums even come close to that. They may be iconic or life-changing for her fanbase personally, but it doesn't reach further than that. 

Happy for her nonetheless, she deserves it in some way I guess.

And happy for our queen ofc :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

and all these artists did it, except for Taylor Swift.

The woman shifted from country to pop to alternative and delivered some of the best written albums of all time and some exhalers still consider it basic. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming: Disliking her msusic doesn't make it basic or not impactful, it just means that you do not vibe to it.

5 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

None of Taylor's albums even come close to that

And hunny they did. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Edited by MasterMindz
  • Love 1

I think Britney's numbers are not very accurate because RCA/JIVE never pay for her actual certifications. A lot of her songs are missing platinum statuses and such. A new album will bring in numbers though! I hope she decides to make a comeback on her own terms. :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

Glory was a great album, and we know she was very involved in it. :qtbrit_britney_2015_smile_happy:

Edited by MasterMindz
On 6/3/2023 at 7:56 AM, Stefani said:

How is Celine so high when she hasn't had a hit album in ages? :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised: The GP typically don't even know any songs by her other than the Titantic one. I'm shook that she's above Mariah. :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

The 90s, She's the only female to have two 30 Million selling albums, and let's add her French career,  in Paris she still goes diamond every time she puts an album in French and from my understanding, her French music is much different than her English language music.

She sings in two different languages one of them still sells while the other flops. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block