If Rihanna can deliver a performance like she just did Britney could definitely perform an amazing halftime show

3 hours ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

Yeah that’s the difference between ri and Britney…Rihanna is never stiff and always gives off confidence.

Britney truly lacks stage presence, even during bbma 2016 she seemed like she was in her head at times

…Britney’s con performances were done when she was under immense stress and pressure, her health was deteriorating. I 1000% think that’s what impacted her performances, not a decrease in ability. Her IG videos show that.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

This is no shade to Rihanna - I love her - but I don’t think people expect high energy performances from her. She’s chill and oozes confidence. She’s loved by the GP. Yes, it was a disappointing show, but the GP has her back no matter what.

Britney is constantly being scrutinized and compared to her peak. Even if she pulls off a 2016 BBMA performance, I’m afraid she’ll be torn apart. The GP is always criticizing Britney, even if she delivers an objectively fire performance. I can see why Britney would hesitate to want to headline the SB (even though I’d love for it to be her “comeback” to performing as a free woman! That would be iconic).

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Ew…y’all clearly aren’t fans of Rihanna. And everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to have expected her to give us what you wanted while pregnant, is pretty audacious of you all. She has always worn urban street wear. She has always swagged through her choreography. Her vocal performance was phenomenal. Like, to think of her any other way, is comparing her to pop stars to whom she isn’t. Yes, Britney would STUN. But Rihanna DID THAT. Keep pressed.

• Love 4

First of all let’s not compare st all lol I’m a Riri Stan but even in her prime she didn’t come close to the Britney BB awards performance…

secondly riri for being PREGNANT killed it her vocals or pre-recorded vocals were amazing! And it was really good to see who she is as an artist now. People grow yall and I’m here for he giving vocals. 

the BB performance  was icon and I hate that fans really undermine it. Like it was the new Primeney and to be honest it’s in my top 5 Britney performance of ALL Time so people need to chill with that. The Super Bowl  would of been lucky to get that! She killed it. If she ever came back I would be more than happy with that level of effort as she really killed it.

rant over. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, SJK said:

She most definitely wasn’t singing live. Major playback on all the songs. 😏

Respectfully, I disagree.

We've gotten to a point where melodyne/autotune can be added in real-time in a mic feed. So while yes, her vocals certainly had a bit of help in the pitch/tone department, I think she was singing live. Why else would she dodge the high note at the very end of Diamonds? That seemed like a last-minute cop-out. 

Just because someone sounds suspiciously flawless live no longer means they are lip-syncing. Technology has come a long way!! 

:sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ItsSway said:

Ew…y’all clearly aren’t fans of Rihanna. And everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to have expected her to give us what you wanted while pregnant, is pretty audacious of you all. She has always worn urban street wear. She has always swagged through her choreography. Her vocal performance was phenomenal. Like, to think of her any other way, is comparing her to pop stars to whom she isn’t. Yes, Britney would STUN. But Rihanna DID THAT. Keep pressed.

Vocal performance? It was 98% lipped,

i dont understsnd how people have a hard time realizing when someones lipping or singing live, its so obvious

Edited by ronron
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, SpookyFish13 said:

Respectfully, I disagree.

We've gotten to a point where melodyne/autotune can be added in real-time in a mic feed. So while yes, her vocals certainly had a bit of help in the pitch/tone department, I think she was singing live. Why else would she dodge the high note at the very end of Diamonds? That seemed like a last-minute cop-out. 

Just because someone sounds suspiciously flawless live no longer means they are lip-syncing. Technology has come a long way!! 

:sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

That technology was so good that it kept her lead voice sounding the same even when she wasnt holding the mic on her lips

i love rihanna but lbr shes far from a vocalist, i thought that was well known?

Edited by ronron
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ItsSway said:

Vocal performance phenomena? Really? 

Not pressed at all bb

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ronron said:

Vocal performance? It was 98% lipped,

i dont understsnd how people have a hard time realizing when someones lipping or singing live, its so obvious

It’s not hard - but to me, prerecorded or not, it was her best thus far. Love on the Brain is still my top vocal performance but you might say she lipped that too

Edited by ItsSway
  • Like 1

Y'all are delusional to think Britney would even try and sing live at Super Bowl. It's incredibly hard to sing in a stadium even as a skilled vocalist. The only pop stars that did it 100% live from the past few years were KP and GaGa that I can currently recall. 

She is a STUDIO SINGER. Why does this fan base still fight over this? It's difficult for her to walk around the stage and sing ONE song completely live ... you can tell how much breath work and control she had to force in order to sing that random country song she did with the hot mic back during POM after dancing. If Britney actually went back to vocal training, she could strengthen her technique, but she clearly doesn't care to be practicing because with all her free time it doesn't really seem like she wants to work on her craft anymore... I think it's very clear she doesn't want to evolve as an artist nor does she want to spend time on her voice. And who is to blame her? She was forced into a career for so long. 

She will never ever ever sing completely live. Even in her prime it was rare to find her not struggling to get through a song totally live (reference the live performances of Not a Girl, they were so forced, compared to how effortlessly she used to sing live during the BOMT era). If anything she should get a very strategic mixer and a great vocal engineer to come up with some really awesome, believable pre-records like JLO and Beyonce does. 

That being said, with the right team, I think Britney could still pull off an epic Super Bowl. She has the catalogue, but she would need a choreographer that really knows how to make her shine based on her talents today. 

All you have to do is reference the NFL performance she did. THAT was epic... and the playback was done really well with the pre-recorded vocals. 

• Like 1

Just watched Rihanna’s performance. The spectacle of the set and all the dancers was very clean and cool. She herself didn’t deliver much (although, she never really does…which is kind of her thing), and the vocal track was really obvious. 
Britney would assuredly be lip syncing too, but she’d put a lot more into the performance itself. I fully believe Britney’s current skill level aided by the expected flash & spectacle would still make for a great halftime show. But it requires professional guidance/direction/execution in concept, choreography, costuming, etc. And I don’t think she wants anybody telling her what to do ever again…so I have little faith that she’s capable of collaborating with others for that kind of a polished end result, unfortunately. 

59 minutes ago, FlexAroundTheWorld said:

Y'all are delusional to think Britney would even try and sing live at Super Bowl. It's incredibly hard to sing in a stadium even as a skilled vocalist. The only pop stars that did it 100% live from the past few years were KP and GaGa that I can currently recall. 

She is a STUDIO SINGER. Why does this fan base still fight over this? It's difficult for her to walk around the stage and sing ONE song completely live ... you can tell how much breath work and control she had to force in order to sing that random country song she did with the hot mic back during POM after dancing. If Britney actually went back to vocal training, she could strengthen her technique, but she clearly doesn't care to be practicing because with all her free time it doesn't really seem like she wants to work on her craft anymore... I think it's very clear she doesn't want to evolve as an artist nor does she want to spend time on her voice. And who is to blame her? She was forced into a career for so long. 

She will never ever ever sing completely live. Even in her prime it was rare to find her not struggling to get through a song totally live (reference the live performances of Not a Girl, they were so forced, compared to how effortlessly she used to sing live during the BOMT era). If anything she should get a very strategic mixer and a great vocal engineer to come up with some really awesome, believable pre-records like JLO and Beyonce does. 

That being said, with the right team, I think Britney could still pull off an epic Super Bowl. She has the catalogue, but she would need a choreographer that really knows how to make her shine based on her talents today. 

All you have to do is reference the NFL performance she did. THAT was epic... and the playback was done really well with the pre-recorded vocals. 

Well the forced singing for im not a girl was because they had her singing a ballad in a whisper frog croak key and competing with 2 screaming background singers. If she sang it naturally which I believe she can still do based off her bomt and oops ig acapella.

is Britney gonna sing 13 fast paced pop songs, HELLO NO, but if given the chance and the WILL to strengthen her voice she could have decent live performance of a song, in a hypothetical world of course where britney isn’t retired 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block