If Rihanna can deliver a performance like she just did Britney could definitely perform an amazing halftime show

Year after year, when there were still possibilities of Britney doing the Super Bowl, people were always here saying that she didn't have the capabilities based on whatever was her current tour / latest performances.

It was mostly because they were ashamed of Britney's current performances (or even worse, appearance), so they'd rather have no performance than have their family and friends, or people from other fanbases, see "their fave" doing a bad number or looking not perfect. 

But time after time, every other artist gets away with bad / boring performances, or not so great looks, and nothing happens, whether is the Halftime Show or some awards show. The world doesn't end, their careers don't end, so that's why I always asked what was that fear about Britney in particular pulling a bad performance, or just a not so perfect performance? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: Are people still so traumatized about the VMA's 2007, or why is it that there's always greater standards or expectations for Britney.

I don't think Rihanna's was that bad, as people said, she's never been known as a great stage performer. It was just her hits speaking for themselves, and I think Britney has enough bangers to do that job as well, no matter how bad she were to perform. I unironically believe that any performance from the POM show could've worked for either a Halftime Show or an awards ceremony. If she did something like the BBMA's 2016 or the festival medleys from that year, it would've been amazing for the Super Bowl. We wouldn't have had to worry about cheap costumes or stage props, because obviously they would've had the production of whoever was the sponsor of the show, there would've been more dancers, more lights, visual effects, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
19 minutes ago, work said:

Rihanna sang live and sounded amazing. I doubt Britney would sound that good if she dances and sings at the same time. We know her team would mess with her mic or sth

Her team? She’s not in a conservatorship and she would be in full control. That’s kinda the point of doing it now. I’m saying even this level of performance from Britney is more entertaining than what Rihanna delivered at her Super Bowl show. 

• Like 4
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

Year after year, when there were still possibilities of Britney doing the Super Bowl, people were always here saying that she didn't have the capabilities based on whatever was her current tour / latest performances.

It was mostly because they were ashamed of Britney's current performances (or even worse, appearance), so they'd rather have no performance than have their family and friends, or people from other fanbases, see "their fave" doing a bad number or looking not perfect. 

But time after time, every other artist gets away with bad / boring performances, or not so great looks, and nothing happens, whether is the Halftime Show or some awards show. The world doesn't end, their careers don't end, so that's why I always asked what was that fear about Britney in particular pulling a bad performance, or just a not so perfect performance? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: Are people still so traumatized about the VMA's 2007, or why is it that there's always greater standards or expectations for Britney.

I don't think Rihanna's was that bad, as people said, she's never been known as a great stage performer. It was just her hits speaking for themselves, and I think Britney has enough bangers to do that job as well, no matter how bad she were to perform. I unironically believe that any performance from the POM show could've worked for either a Halftime Show or an awards ceremony. If she did something like the BBMA's 2016 or the festival medleys from that year, it would've been amazing for the Super Bowl. We wouldn't have had to worry about cheap costumes or stage props, because obviously they would've had the production of whoever was the sponsor of the show, there would've been more dancers, more lights, visual effects, etc. 

Couldn’t agree more! 

30 minutes ago, work said:

Rihanna sang live and sounded amazing. I doubt Britney would sound that good if she dances and sings at the same time. We know her team would mess with her mic or sth

She most definitely wasn’t singing live. Major playback on all the songs. 😏

• Love 3
  • Like 5

If Britney decides to have the biggest comeback in history, I really hope she has B10 ready for immediate release after her Superbowl performance. All solo offcourse.

I'd have her release the first single and video 2 weeks before the Superbowl, immidate #1 single. When she ends the superbowl, drop the album and world tour announcement along with the second single and video. She'd occupy the whole top 10 with an album and single.

Superbowl
if Britney survived 15 years of conservatorship, I'm sure she can handle a 13 minute performance. She stopped doing music because of what her family did to her, not because she stopped loving it. Actually doing music and showing how big she will be without them would be an even bigger revenge than not doing it in spite of them. Anyway music and performing is in her blood, she is a pro and she can handle this. She just needs to rehearse 3-4 months prior to the show and she will dream every step. She just needs to hire a team that she trusts and get Jamie King on board to do the stage design.

But off course this is all a dream since she hasn't shown any signs of wanting to return to music:sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

1 hour ago, Fab britney said:

I really don’t think bbma 2016 is close to what britney should do at superbowl. It was good but it was pretty stiff. Britney’s Super Bowl would need I heart radio 16 fluidity with the original oops and toxic choreos and even more than the slave dance break. If not, better choreographed dancing that suits her body and makes her look like she has rhythm  

Yeah that’s the difference between ri and Britney…Rihanna is never stiff and always gives off confidence.

Britney truly lacks stage presence, even during bbma 2016 she seemed like she was in her head at times

• Love 1
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, ElenaB said:

sorry, but no.

i was so hyped for rihanna's performance and it was SO underwhelming. and no shade to britney, of course, she's my fav, but i don't think she could deliver a GREAT superbowl performane nowadays (or in 2016). Primeney could and she should have done it then. just my opinion.

This is more entertaining than whatever Rihanna did last night 

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
12 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

Yeah that’s the difference between ri and Britney…Rihanna is never stiff and always gives off confidence.

Britney truly lacks stage presence, even during bbma 2016 she seemed like she was in her head at times

If you consider grabbing your crotch and sticking your tongue out a few times a “stage presence”, then yeah, Britney has no chance :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 3
8 hours ago, AlottaWarmHeart said:

You guys are delusional. Britney will never do the Super Bowl. We’d be lucky if we get another album. 

I think everyone is saying they would like to see Britney do the Superbowl halftime, they’re not saying she is gonna do it… now that doesn’t make anyone delusional, you’re delusional for even thinking that that’s delusional 

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

Rihanna is overrated at this point. She did the minimum with the excuse of a pregnancy, she is lucky she performed pregnant cuz she would be crucified right now,  horrible show.

Britney can perform pregnant and get a free pass too

TMZ will still drag her after the show tho :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

Edited by Retiredey
9 hours ago, Midnights said:

To be fair, Britney would 100% be better than Katy, Madonna and Rihanna's superbowl BUT she would 100% more critisized just because she's Britney.

Britney has always been getting more slack for doing something all the others do. It's always been that way, I mean she can't even breath or people will be looking into that.

That said, Britney would need to be on her A-game to do the Superbowl just because the world would be rooting for her to fail sadly.

I don't want to sound negative but she's like Taylor Swift somehow: people will always find a reason to tear her down. While other artists would get praised to heaven by even farting through a show... *cough*Beyonce*cough* .. and y'all know I am right.

I personally think that as Britney continues to heal, she will continue to be the best female pop dancer. She has the  energy and she genuinely loves dancing. She puts her soul into her dancing and you can still see that in her instagram posts whereas that faded when she was in the con. Incredibly sad. It’s very clear to me that she’s trying to return to who she was before all of this happened. It’s bittersweet to witness her having to try to take back 15 years of her life that were stolen from her, but I’m so grateful that she’s sharing that process with us. She’s a work in progress and she gets criticized all day, every day, but she keeps posting those videos and writing her captions. She will always be “the legendary Ms. Britney Spears” because she wasn’t just manufactured, it’s within her. I look forward to however she decides to showcase that, even if it’s just an Instagram video. Each thing she shares with us is truly a gift because it comes directly from her. I’m honestly just happy that she’s alive.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block