If Rihanna can deliver a performance like she just did Britney could definitely perform an amazing halftime show

7 hours ago, ItsSway said:

Ha. See. It was at the Billboard Awards. Just knew that you don’t keep up with her. :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

Thats lipped, but she did a better job with her pre recorded vocals, u can tell she skipped a woo at one point, this woohs are really common on pre recorded vocals to add more of a live feeling. 

rarely any singer nowadays sing live, its gotten to a point that people think this is how singers should sound live, that band is not even playing btw. Peoples voices dont sound that clear when they sing live, theyre not robots, go listen to some ariana grandes performances, im not a fan but i think shes the one who sings live more frequently and u will hear how people sound si ging live, ull hear breath, and natural variations on the volume of their voices. 

14 hours ago, FlexAroundTheWorld said:

Y'all are delusional to think Britney would even try and sing live at Super Bowl. It's incredibly hard to sing in a stadium even as a skilled vocalist. The only pop stars that did it 100% live from the past few years were KP and GaGa that I can currently recall. 

She is a STUDIO SINGER. Why does this fan base still fight over this? It's difficult for her to walk around the stage and sing ONE song completely live ... you can tell how much breath work and control she had to force in order to sing that random country song she did with the hot mic back during POM after dancing. If Britney actually went back to vocal training, she could strengthen her technique, but she clearly doesn't care to be practicing because with all her free time it doesn't really seem like she wants to work on her craft anymore... I think it's very clear she doesn't want to evolve as an artist nor does she want to spend time on her voice. And who is to blame her? She was forced into a career for so long. 

She will never ever ever sing completely live. Even in her prime it was rare to find her not struggling to get through a song totally live (reference the live performances of Not a Girl, they were so forced, compared to how effortlessly she used to sing live during the BOMT era). If anything she should get a very strategic mixer and a great vocal engineer to come up with some really awesome, believable pre-records like JLO and Beyonce does. 

That being said, with the right team, I think Britney could still pull off an epic Super Bowl. She has the catalogue, but she would need a choreographer that really knows how to make her shine based on her talents today. 

All you have to do is reference the NFL performance she did. THAT was epic... and the playback was done really well with the pre-recorded vocals. 

Please tell me KP didnt mean katy perry when u mentioned the only singers who sang live at the sb 😩

Edited by ronron
  • Haha 1
On 2/14/2023 at 1:29 PM, ronron said:

Thats lipped, but she did a better job with her pre recorded vocals, u can tell she skipped a woo at one point, this woohs are really common on pre recorded vocals to add more of a live feeling. 

rarely any singer nowadays sing live, its gotten to a point that people think this is how singers should sound live, that band is not even playing btw. Peoples voices dont sound that clear when they sing live, theyre not robots, go listen to some ariana grandes performances, im not a fan but i think shes the one who sings live more frequently and u will hear how people sound si ging live, ull hear breath, and natural variations on the volume of their voices. 

She skipped a ******* and she then got bleeped on a ****.. but I mean pop off. She did sing this one live. But I mean, we can leave this where this is at and you can tell Rihanna personally about how you believe she lipped this performance. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Super Mods
5 minutes ago, ItsSway said:

She skipped a ******* and she then got bleeped on a ****.. but I mean pop off. She did sing this one live. But I mean, we can leave this where this is at and you can tell Rihanna personally about how you believe she lipped this performance. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

She 100% lip synced her set. She sang maybe two songs “live”. 

Girl please. The show was a snooze fest :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

Britney coud really eat it up.. IF SHE WANTED TO.. thats the thing she doesn't want to or care too..

But a setlist like .. Break the Ice, Toxic, Baby One More Time, Stronger.. Till the world ends..

Many possibilities. However I do feel the super bowl does better with 2-3 artists so they have different elements and it makes for variety. can deliver better show with a bit of dynamics involved etc 

On 2/14/2023 at 10:32 AM, ronron said:

Please tell me KP didnt mean katy perry when u mentioned the only singers who sang live at the sb 😩

Yes. Katy Perry. She's actually one of the few pop singers that sings mostly live, whether you like the sound of her voice or not. 

I don't even want to start an argument it's so obvious... You can tell it was live. You need to look for cues like hearing their breathing, hearing sounds from their microphone movement, the artist changing the notes and keys. Then compare that sound to something that was clearly pre-recorded, like Madonna's set. You can even just tell the difference in the quality of the audio that's being outputted and the tone of the artists voice, as most don't have as smooth of a voice when singing live (like you can tell when Rihanna was singing live VS lip-synching to a pre-recorded track during her set). 

The only person that sounds as smooth live as their studio singing is Arianna Grande. Not even queen Mariah, aside from a few years in her prime. 

Katy's was painfully live... If you can't tell then... sorry. Just listen to her singing when she starts ... She's ending flat on most of the notes... I mean she doesn't sing it perfect but for a pop star and singing in a stadium, it was pretty amazing.

Like I said, most people aren't educated enough in singing or vocal engineering to hear or understand these details. But don't try and say it wasn't live just because you don't like her... it's so obviously live!

Edited by FlexAroundTheWorld
  • Super Mods
38 minutes ago, FlexAroundTheWorld said:

Yes. Katy Perry. She's actually one of the few pop singers that sings mostly live, whether you like the sound of her voice or not. 

I don't even want to start an argument it's so obvious... You can tell it was live. You need to look for cues like hearing their breathing, hearing sounds from their microphone movement, the artist changing the notes and keys. Then compare that sound to something that was clearly pre-recorded, like Madonna's set. You can even just tell the difference in the quality of the audio that's being outputted and the tone of the artists voice, as most don't have as smooth of a voice when singing live (like you can tell when Rihanna was singing live VS lip-synching to a pre-recorded track during her set). 

The only person that sounds as smooth live as their studio singing is Arianna Grande. Not even queen Mariah, aside from a few years in her prime. 

Katy's was painfully live... If you can't tell then... sorry. Just listen to her singing when she starts ... She's ending flat on most of the notes... I mean she doesn't sing it perfect but for a pop star and singing in a stadium, it was pretty amazing.

Like I said, most people aren't educated enough in singing or vocal engineering to hear or understand these details. But don't try and say it wasn't live just because you don't like her... it's so obviously live!

Katy was literally lip syncing and it couldn’t have been more obvious :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, GlitterRain said:

Katy was literally lip syncing and it couldn’t have been more obvious :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Idk whats wrong with people lmao this makes me believe that if britney uses pre recorded vocals like the rest of her peers the gp will totally buy it

Edited by ronron
1 hour ago, FlexAroundTheWorld said:

She was lipping her whole set what are u on? Pre recorded vocals dont mean live vocals, i dont dislike katy but im not gullible, u should just really give it a try, get a mic and sing and try to imitate her performance u know kneel and jump back up and im not telling u to stay on key u may not be a singer just focus on how ur breathing sounds 

btw dead at u ending her vocals even when they were pre recorded lmao i mean i like some of her songs shes always been awful live lbr

Edited by ronron

As much as I feel happy for her and her pregnancy, her pregnancy shouldn't have been the performance's main attraction. We can't expect a pregnant woman to be dancing her *** off, but they could've helped her with outstanding visuals like Gaga or Katy Perry had in previous years. Rihanna's first performance in years was very underwhelming. I hate to say it, but it's what I think.

Britney could easily put on a much more entertaining show.

16 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

I'm not going to argue with delusional people.

I sang professionally for a decade and worked in recording studios. 

If I had the time to go frame by frame with references, I would, but I have more important things I need to do than argue with people that don't know what they're talking about.

You can HEAR that it's live (especially since she had moments of speaking to the crowd when her mic was the same volume level, unlike say, Britney, who's mic is turned down and you can hear when she is "live" VS the track, like in the OIDIA again tour... or do you think Brit Brit was singing that live?). The only track she may have potentially been using as a pre-recorded vocal was IKAG w/ Kravitz. 

So ... if you would like to spend time explaining how it's "so obvious", go ahead. If you're referencing a delay, there is a huge delay in stadiums between the live feed and the sound that's outputted, that's why it's incredibly difficult to sing in stadiums (and someone as vocally skilled as Beyonce, would chose to lip-synch the national anthem VS sing it live). 

14 hours ago, ronron said:

She was lipping her whole set what are u on? Pre recorded vocals dont mean live vocals, i dont dislike katy but im not gullible, u should just really give it a try, get a mic and sing and try to imitate her performance u know kneel and jump back up and im not telling u to stay on key u may not be a singer just focus on how ur breathing sounds 

btw dead at u ending her vocals even when they were pre recorded lmao i mean i like some of her songs shes always been awful live lbr

"What are you on" -- love arguing with children.

I have actual experience in this industry. What are you on? Your credibility and education comes from ... analyzing YouTube? I don't need to "give it a try".. I have. For years worked in that industry, so I know when something is live, as I have actual experience singing and with vocal production ... I'm not just a fan who thinks they know it all from watching online videos. 

She may have used a track in some parts (potentially IKAG w/ Lenny Kravtiz, for example) but she was mostly live. NOT pre-recorded live, but live. The intro -- totally live -- firework, totally live, for example. If she was going to pre-record, she would use a pre-recording where her vocals are perfect, where she's not flat or forcing her voice. That's why I suggest perhaps IKAG was pre-recorded because the vocals were on pitch and effortlessly smooth.

You can tell the difference between when Rihanna was singing live at the Super Bowl VS using a pre-recorded track, correct? :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: Because there were elements 100% live, and elements of the track, depending on the song. 

Let's look at it this way... Britney's OIDIA tour was pre-recorded to sound live, IE she had the mic on either during rehearsals and recorded that feed when she wasn't dancing as hard, or went into the studio and tried to sing "imperfectly". The former is more realistic. However, during this tour her mic was still on, but with low volume, so you can hear the difference when she would "woo" outside of track vocals, but the volume is very low. 

A sound engineer doesn't have time to know exactly when to turn up and down the feed, that's too risky, unless it's been extensively rehearsed over and over. That's why in the early days Britney referenced having a "signal" to her sound engineer for playback. Or in a song like CRAZY, when she would actually sing it live during the award show, they would always now when to phase down her live mic feed during the vocal line that escalates to a high note, as it was too hard for her to recreate over and over live flawlessly. 

I've also seen KP multiple times in Vegas, she sings 99% live. You may not like her voice, but she isn't "horrible". She actually has really great control of her vocal technique. Has she had some bad performances? Of course. But you can't use that to say "the only time she is live is when she sounds bad".

Take the time and listen to her set in NOLA she did during a music festival. 100% live vocals and flawless execution.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block