If Rihanna can deliver a performance like she just did Britney could definitely perform an amazing halftime show

• Super Mods
17 minutes ago, FlexAroundTheWorld said:

I'm not going to argue with delusional people.

I sang professionally for a decade and worked in recording studios. 

If I had the time to go frame by frame with references, I would, but I have more important things I need to do than argue with people that don't know what they're talking about.

You can HEAR that it's live (especially since she had moments of speaking to the crowd when her mic was the same volume level, unlike say, Britney, who's mic is turned down and you can hear when she is "live" VS the track, like in the OIDIA again tour... or do you think Brit Brit was singing that live?). The only track she may have potentially been using as a pre-recorded vocal was IKAG w/ Kravitz. 

So ... if you would like to spend time explaining how it's "so obvious", go ahead. If you're referencing a delay, there is a huge delay in stadiums between the live feed and the sound that's outputted, that's why it's incredibly difficult to sing in stadiums (and someone as vocally skilled as Beyonce, would chose to lip-synch the national anthem VS sing it live). 

She was singing with a backtrack and pre recorded vocals. That wasn’t a live performance. Sorry to break it to you! 

39 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

She was singing with a backtrack and pre recorded vocals. That wasn’t a live performance. Sorry to break it to you! 

It was live ish, it wasn’t completely lipsynched bu any means 

but Britney if she did a similar performance would need all live vocals or the best prerecorded vocals or she will be vilified and it would be worst for Britney since her history 

5 hours ago, FlexAroundTheWorld said:

"What are you on" -- love arguing with children.

I have actual experience in this industry. What are you on? Your credibility and education comes from ... analyzing YouTube? I don't need to "give it a try".. I have. For years worked in that industry, so I know when something is live, as I have actual experience singing and with vocal production ... I'm not just a fan who thinks they know it all from watching online videos. 

She may have used a track in some parts (potentially IKAG w/ Lenny Kravtiz, for example) but she was mostly live. NOT pre-recorded live, but live. The intro -- totally live -- firework, totally live, for example. If she was going to pre-record, she would use a pre-recording where her vocals are perfect, where she's not flat or forcing her voice. That's why I suggest perhaps IKAG was pre-recorded because the vocals were on pitch and effortlessly smooth.

You can tell the difference between when Rihanna was singing live at the Super Bowl VS using a pre-recorded track, correct? :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: Because there were elements 100% live, and elements of the track, depending on the song. 

Let's look at it this way... Britney's OIDIA tour was pre-recorded to sound live, IE she had the mic on either during rehearsals and recorded that feed when she wasn't dancing as hard, or went into the studio and tried to sing "imperfectly". The former is more realistic. However, during this tour her mic was still on, but with low volume, so you can hear the difference when she would "woo" outside of track vocals, but the volume is very low. 

A sound engineer doesn't have time to know exactly when to turn up and down the feed, that's too risky, unless it's been extensively rehearsed over and over. That's why in the early days Britney referenced having a "signal" to her sound engineer for playback. Or in a song like CRAZY, when she would actually sing it live during the award show, they would always now when to phase down her live mic feed during the vocal line that escalates to a high note, as it was too hard for her to recreate over and over live flawlessly. 

I've also seen KP multiple times in Vegas, she sings 99% live. You may not like her voice, but she isn't "horrible". She actually has really great control of her vocal technique. Has she had some bad performances? Of course. But you can't use that to say "the only time she is live is when she sounds bad".

Take the time and listen to her set in NOLA she did during a music festival. 100% live vocals and flawless execution.

Pretty sure im older than you, also i sing live and produce too so no, and yes pre recorded vocals are always recorded “imperfect” it wouldnt make sense to do them perfect just play the record in that case, katy perry did not sing live at the sb i never mentioned her residency, and no she is not a good singer any vocal coach could tell u that. 

rihanna lipped her whole set at the sb, almost the entire world bashing her for it disagrees with u and your industry knowledge. If you have some knowledge in the industry u would know an event like the sb will almost 100% always be lipped. 

Edited by ronron
On 2/21/2023 at 1:05 PM, GlitterRain said:

Incorrect... But I'm not going to continue to argue with people that have untrained ears... In all of my responses, I have provided examples. All you have done is state your opinion... So ... Back it up with evidence, rather than just WhAt U ThInK. 

From a mixing standpoint, there is no reason to sing ALONG with a pre-recorded vocal. She would either lip-synch to the pre-recorded vocal, or sing totally live. You can CLEARLY here she is live when she starts. As I ALREADY mentioned, she is flat ending on a lot of the notes after each line sung. If she used a track, the mixer would have that pre-rehearsed*, for instance it's possible IKAG with Kravitz was a pre-record.

Missy Elliot obviously lip-synched and didn't even try to hide it with a pre-recorded vocal. You can also clearly hear KP singing LIVE with her during her part. 

In general, Katy is very adamant about singing live. She's had some poor vocal performances, which is why people tend to follow the belief "OH, if she doesn't sound like ****, she's lip-synching" which isn't true. And if you've seen her LIVE, you would know this. 

Anyway, now that I have your attention, I have sent you and Jordan Miller a message but haven't received a response. How do I delete my account and all data associated with it? Can't find an option. I wanna get off this forum. Cheers. 

Edited by FlexAroundTheWorld
On 2/21/2023 at 6:22 PM, ronron said:

Pretty sure im older than you, also i sing live and produce too so no, and yes pre recorded vocals are always recorded “imperfect” it wouldnt make sense to do them perfect just play the record in that case, katy perry did not sing live at the sb i never mentioned her residency, and no she is not a good singer any vocal coach could tell u that. 

rihanna lipped her whole set at the sb, almost the entire world bashing her for it disagrees with u and your industry knowledge. If you have some knowledge in the industry u would know an event like the sb will almost 100% always be lipped. 

Rihana had portions of the SB that were live, and other parts that were tracked. If you had a trained ear, you would hear this. And I don't expect the "entire world" to agree with me -- most people in the general public don't have trained ears. So it's safe to say most people are going to think the same thing, unless they are ACTUALLY experienced or in the industry... 

Your statement -- specifically about how they should "just play the record in that case" in regards to sounding live -- just shows you're an amateur in whatever you're claiming to do, because you would never make a statement like that if you were making money in the professional recording industry for the following reason ... 

BRITNEY is the only relevant pop act that has recently done pre-records with the INTENTION of sounding imperfect and borderline "BAD". (3 on Femme Fatale Tour? Yuck.) Decisions like that were made by herself and her team because there was already so much controversy regarding her dancing and singing live, and Britney did NOT sing live after BOMT. As I ALREADY stated, the entire OIDIA tour was pre-recorded *YES* to sound live, because they wanted to avoid the lip-synching controversy, hence why her rehearsals were recorded from the mic live feed and then she lipsynched/sang along to them so she could focus on dancing.

Most vocal artists that pre-record, such as JLO and Beyonce don't want to sound "bad". They want it to sound close to the record, but not pitch-corrected perfection and "glossy". IE you will hear their vibratto* more when it is live. But they're not going to sound BAD on purpose, it's just meant to sound not as polished ... Because let's be real, the only pop artist in the past decades that truly sounds super different than their own CD live is Britney... Most artists, even Taylor, and Madonna, both who, I don't like their voices, sound closer ...

As most pop vocal production, it's highly layered and glossed when it comes to the album-version. As I ALREADY stated, the only pop artist currently that sounds like her album vocals, is ARIANA*. Even GAGA, who is phenomenal, sounds more "rough" live. But when they are going to go through the painful process of mixing live vocals and pre-record, it's going to be ONE or the OTHER, not both mixed together. 

I'm pretty sure any vocal coach or singer that studies Seth Riggs methodology, and/or anyone that sings LIVE on Broadway day after day, using speech-sing technique would disagree with your statement regarding KP. KP has quite good technique for a POP star. Her voice matches her speaking voice and as such is an extension of such. Someone like Christina, for instance, sings with completely horrible and forced technique. 

BTW - if you are older than me cool ... The point was, your response was childish in regards to "what are you on"?. Clearly, we have different perceptions, and no amount of back and forth is going to change that. I stand behind my experience, trained ear, and friends that I have in these industry circles that back up everything I have said. So far you haven't provided any detailed facts, or reasoning that justify your statements .... You've just stated WhAt U ThInK. I think the fact that I have responded so many times to both you and glitter rain with extensive details yet y'all just keep replying with your opinion speaks for itself so I'm done here... 

So we can agree to disagree, peaaaaace. 

Edited by FlexAroundTheWorld
autocorrect spelling
On 2/21/2023 at 1:07 PM, Kevney said:

you always think you are above everyone in every topic i see you fight people with, in reailty, you are the one who acts uneducated and childish. imo

I can't see what you were trying to quote me on, because the section you quoted isn't in my post. 

My posts might trigger people because I state my OPINION and back it up with FACTS and EXAMPLES. Most people on this forum state their opinion only and believe that to be God's word. Sooo... That would make my posts actually the very opposite of childish and uneducated, because I take the time to craft my messages and add supporting statements rather than, just typing what's on my mind and opinion without any thought. 

Unfortunately, just like in school, if you are in a forum, which is supposed to encourage discussion and healthy debate, you are supposed to state facts + supporting evidence, just as if you were writing an essay. 

If you believe I sound *above everyone* that's your perception of me that you are projecting, as you can't sound like anything via text ... It depends on your interpretation and the meaning and tone you are ascribing to the person in your OWN mind. 

^ And a statement like that is based on education and experience, so I'd argue, again, not childish. Disagreeing isn't childish. Stating facts isn't childish. It's only when you are unable to budge from your opinion and admit when you are wrong that it's childish, which is like a large majority of this forum, ... and Trump supporters. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

EX: I could be laughing and saying all of this jovially on my end, but you could be reading it as condescending as cold. It's your own perception, which is a perception, which is based on stories from your past that your subconscious is programming into your present environment. 

<3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block