Will you stop supporting Britney if she embraces a "Mean Girl" image?

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Featured by me.

I believe that Britney's missed out on some important lessons that we've all had from having social media over the years--especially as we've grown older and moved from one platform to another. We've learned the etiquette, what works and what doesn't, the cringe...being offensive to others and being offended by others--and the results of both.

And yet, for all/most of us...that's been in a private space. Not public.

Being honest online must be cathartic but, just like in real life, actions have consequences. What you say online can have some serious consequences--positive and negative--and especially for Britney, who is most likely to be involved in legal proceedings for years. 

I worry that her words can be used against her. She speaks from the heart but...the court is heartless. They look at facts and her lawyer must win with facts--not emotion.

I also worry that she will regret what she says. Not because they're not true but because they're private and concern a traumatic period in her life when she's still figuring out how to be free. How to be a person again and return to a normality she's not had for years.

We know that she hates when the media and documentaries discuss her life in 2007/2008 when (let's be real) things were not going well for her. They represent a dark period in her life. Therapy is a great thing but it's private...and allows the past to stay in the past. 

That's also why I worry about the book. As soon as it's published, it's out there for ever. For others to study and scrunitise...the therapy is in the writing, not the publishing. 

As humans, we can believe something one moment and then change our minds the next--I've often come onto this forum thinking one thing and then the exact opposite within minutes. That's freedom. I am free to learn and change my mind without any criticism. 

I can't help but feel that she writes a post, publishes it and...moves on? Then she will say something later that is contradictory which leads to confusion and chaos in the comments. Even if she's moved on, the public, media, her fans and worst criticis haven't.

At the end of the day, I hope for Britney to heal. She deserves a happy life.

It's not for me to say what she should say/do to be happy. That's for her to discover.

She's also free to reconnect with her family and friends, to build bridges, forgive others and be forgiven by others. She needs more than fans/assistants and I hope she gets it.

My thoughts are messy...

Depends how appropriate the meanness is - I get she is angry but that doesn’t mean she can just go off at anyone eg those who actually support her (eg Selena)

:awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

Im also not a fan of her going off at her children - I get it’s a two sided thing but I wish both sides would just do it in private - no one wants to see a parent fighting with teenagers in public 

:awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

• Love 1
7 hours ago, jordeezy said:

It's funny - the "mean girl" in all the 00's movies was always the hot, white blonde girl who is good at cheerleading and at attracting attention to themselves. This character archetype, throughout pop culture, always seemed to mimic Britney during the era of her heyday. Whether it was the fashion, the movements or just the aesthetic, pop culture and the media always seemed to place Britney in a position similar to Regina George although her peers always said she was one of the nicest people in the industry. 

Britney's genuine kindness seemed to be used as a weakness against her and this landed her in situations against her will. Now, she has been freed from a COURT ORDERED CONSERVATORSHIP and is finally speaking for herself about HER experiences, and her fans seem to be wavering. Why is that? What if Britney feels she needs to be MEANER (yes, this is purposeful) to shield herself away from people?

From the way I interpret Britney's caption about Christina's dancers, it seems Britney complained that she was taller than her female dancers and she felt it made her look more "masculine", maybe? Maybe her issue with it was dismissed and she is using it as an example of how they did not listen to her creative insight SO this is another example of why she lost her passion to perform. There is no "body shaming" in her post. 

So my question, CAN YOU SUPPORT BRITNEY if she is HONEST ABOUT HER FEELINGS? Will you disregard her feelings as her being a "mean girl" even if SHE FEELS they are valid? What if Britney DOES embrace the MEAN GIRL trope that she was placed in during her heyday, will you be offended? 

The comments I have seen here have been VERY interesting... dismissing her feelings as her being "mean" is exactly what the Spears family seems to be doing. How about you hear her out and try to empathize?

Every human have good and bad sides. All people should not be afraid appreciate good side and can say criticism to others.

7 hours ago, xkhingx said:

i don’t necessarily support or agree with everything she says or does but i definitely won’t be one of the ones that say stuff like “she needs to stop talking,she needs help, she isn’t ok, she shouldn’t post these things publicly”

at the end of the day it’s her instagram and her voice so she can say whatever she wants to, i won’t always agree with her but u can’t always agree with someone whoever that may be

This 100%

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block