Will you stop supporting Britney if she embraces a "Mean Girl" image?

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Featured by me.

4 minutes ago, GODYONCE IS A LEGEND said:

15:40

It was a Total Access ABC Family Special, not McDonalds lol.

This was the McDonalds exclusive:

I think you got them mixed up!

I still have the VHS tape but I don't have a VCR but I am pretty sure that the footage is on the VHS tape because I watched it with my mom. I particularly remembering my mom saying she sounded mean. lol

6 minutes ago, fays1 said:

So its okay for Britney to be mean because its a mean world out there? this is the craziest justification ive ever heard and just proves how dumb you are.

Calling out Xtina is fine, but calling her and her dancers fat is another thing.

I am sorry that I assumed you were a woman - the screen name just always made me assume you were a Southern woman, maybe even from Kentwood LOL I know a lot of women named Fay from the South

We as fans know everything she has been through, we will always support her. But the media in general or people who represent a brand, like Paris, Selena and even Madonna, can easily can stop being on her side since they don’t want to put in danger their careers.  My point is that Britney needs to be careful because she needs people from the industry on her side. 

19 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I am sorry that I assumed you were a woman - the screen name just always made me assume you were a Southern woman, maybe even from Kentwood LOL I know a lot of women named Fay from the South

Its a Arabic male name

Faysal is my full name

And you can assume anything you want, we are all anonymous people that dont know each other

• Love 1
2 hours ago, jordeezy said:

It's funny - the "mean girl" in all the 00's movies was always the hot, white blonde girl who is good at cheerleading and at attracting attention to themselves. This character archetype, throughout pop culture, always seemed to mimic Britney during the era of her heyday. Whether it was the fashion, the movements or just the aesthetic, pop culture and the media always seemed to place Britney in a position similar to Regina George although her peers always said she was one of the nicest people in the industry. 

Britney's genuine kindness seemed to be used as a weakness against her and this landed her in situations against her will. Now, she has been freed from a COURT ORDERED CONSERVATORSHIP and is finally speaking for herself about HER experiences, and her fans seem to be wavering. Why is that? What if Britney feels she needs to be MEANER (yes, this is purposeful) to shield herself away from people?

From the way I interpret Britney's caption about Christina's dancers, it seems Britney complained that she was taller than her female dancers and she felt it made her look more "masculine", maybe? Maybe her issue with it was dismissed and she is using it as an example of how they did not listen to her creative insight SO this is another example of why she lost her passion to perform. There is no "body shaming" in her post. 

So my question, CAN YOU SUPPORT BRITNEY if she is HONEST ABOUT HER FEELINGS? Will you disregard her feelings as her being a "mean girl" even if SHE FEELS they are valid? What if Britney DOES embrace the MEAN GIRL trope that she was placed in during her heyday, will you be offended? 

The comments I have seen here have been VERY interesting... dismissing her feelings as her being "mean" is exactly what the Spears family seems to be doing. How about you hear her out and try to empathize?

To me there’s a difference between being a bada** bi**c and a mean girl. Being mean to me means that you hurt people, and I don’t want to encourage that. But if it means being the Blackout Britney coming with a vengeance and do what she likes without people’s approval, I’m totally here for it!

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Yok1 said:

They're manipulating Brit's insta to make her look bad again... Team con at its best

Can you explain a bit more please? 

Are you saying Britney didn't write the caption? 

Are you saying Team Con still has access to her IG? 

I don't get it. Feels to me like Brit made a post and some people don't like that post. Not world ending. 

I'm pretty sure if Team Con had access to Brit's Insta they'd leak something more explosive than a dig at Xtina's curvy dancers. 

• Like 2

I stopped respecting her already years ago when she posted about snake skin shoes that cost a lot but she never wore, when I saw her wear fur, when I saw her kids hunt and she uplauded a pic that she went hunting with them too. she doesn’t do anything for a greater cause. she seems so uneducated and tone deaf in todays world. I supported the free britney movement because it’s the right thing to do and i will always keep an eye on her because I grew up being a Britney fan, I am used to it, but I look up to very different people than her, for very different reasons than the reasons I used to look up to her when I was a kid. give me Natalie Portman and Joaquin Phoenix any day over Britney. I do admire her strength to go on after the abuse she suffered but it is getting harder again to like her.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, TheDukeDan said:

To me there’s a difference between being a bada** bi**c and a mean girl. Being mean to me means that you hurt people, and I don’t want to encourage that. But if it means being the Blackout Britney coming with a vengeance and do what she likes without people’s approval, I’m totally here for it!

You are right... there is a big difference but some people interpret badassery as *****ery

• Like 2
1 minute ago, WilderWein said:

I stopped respecting her already years ago when she posted about snake skin shoes that cost a lot but she never wore, when I saw her wear fur, when I saw her kids hunt and she uplauded a pic that she went hunting with them too. she doesn’t do anything for a greater cause. she seems so uneducated and tone deaf in todays world. I supported the free britney movement because it’s the right thing to do and i will always keep an eye on her because I grew up being a Britney fan, I am used to it, but I look up to very different people than her, for very different reasons than the reasons I used to look up to her when I was a kid. give me Natalie Portman and Joaquin Phoenix any day over Britney. I do admire her strength to go on after the abuse she suffered but it is getting harder again to like her.

It's getting harder and harder to like you too :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

No seriously though that's wrong to say she doesn't care about greater causes. She promoted the Covid vaccine with Sam, she donated millions to charities, she contributed to some charity songs Hands and What's Going On to name 2, she's pushed LGBT right and causes in recent years - yes she's a bit self obsessed right now because of the trauma, but wrong to say she doesn't have other things to champion. Also, a lot of people go hunting. Doesn't make them bad people. I don't agree with wearing fur, but I wouldn't write them off for doing so. 

I fully believe Britney wouldn’t be a “mean girl” just because.  I think she calls out people she has knowledge have done wrong.  I think she knows a LOT about the skeletons in Xtina’s closet.  However, I do think she does need to be mindful of what she says imo, because other people don’t realize this and do think she’s being mean just for the fun of it.

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block