Will you stop supporting Britney if she embraces a "Mean Girl" image?

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Featured by me.

1 hour ago, that's hot y'all said:

xtina has nothing to do with her conservatorship

yes, her anger is misplaced. i think she is going through a phase were she feels that she was the only one suffering and that her trauma is more important than other people's trauma.

its a process, she'll heal. this was just one mishap.

we should still support her and let her know this was not right. but never stop supporting her. because support is what she's always needed. but we can't be blind "yes people" cause thats damaging for her.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, BritBritSpearsLove said:

I will always support her, doesn't mean I will always support everything she does or says. I dont mind a little attitude. I really liked when she posted that video dancing to Cardi showing she can be a boss, but if she wants to go this route she should hire a PR team to make sure her posts are not more controversial than they need to be.

You can have attitude and still not attack others look at Pink for example.

Pink has attacked people everyone has i

dont understand why britney has to be perfect all the ******* time that idea is exactly what brought her to where she is rn 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, jordeezy said:

It's funny - the "mean girl" in all the 00's movies was always the hot, white blonde girl who is good at cheerleading and at attracting attention to themselves. This character archetype, throughout pop culture, always seemed to mimic Britney during the era of her heyday. Whether it was the fashion, the movements or just the aesthetic, pop culture and the media always seemed to place Britney in a position similar to Regina George although her peers always said she was one of the nicest people in the industry. 

Britney's genuine kindness seemed to be used as a weakness against her and this landed her in situations against her will. Now, she has been freed from a COURT ORDERED CONSERVATORSHIP and is finally speaking for herself about HER experiences, and her fans seem to be wavering. Why is that? What if Britney feels she needs to be MEANER (yes, this is purposeful) to shield herself away from people?

From the way I interpret Britney's caption about Christina's dancers, it seems Britney complained that she was taller than her female dancers and she felt it made her look more "masculine", maybe? Maybe her issue with it was dismissed and she is using it as an example of how they did not listen to her creative insight SO this is another example of why she lost her passion to perform. There is no "body shaming" in her post. 

So my question, CAN YOU SUPPORT BRITNEY if she is HONEST ABOUT HER FEELINGS? Will you disregard her feelings as her being a "mean girl" even if SHE FEELS they are valid? What if Britney DOES embrace the MEAN GIRL trope that she was placed in during her heyday, will you be offended? 

The comments I have seen here have been VERY interesting... dismissing her feelings as her being "mean" is exactly what the Spears family seems to be doing. How about you hear her out and try to empathize?

Okay I kinda agree with you, kinda not…bc yes it’s important for Britney to be heard and she’s been through a hard time…but the difficulty I have is the difference between hearing her and enabling and praising everything she says as if it’s the next coming of Christ…nothing against you whatsoever! I just notice anytime someone in here doesn’t praise everything she does or questions it…it’s labeled as being a hater…listen I genuinely love Britney and she’s not here to please me as a fan…but also…it doesn’t take much smarts to see she truly needs real help from ppl that have her best interest at heart 

• Like 2

I don't why keep using Xtina's old mistakes to justify Britney's mistakes. It's so weird to see people doing things that happened 15-20 years ago and using them as arguments now. Was Xtina a ***** in 2002? Yup. Does Xtina deserve to be Butchered for this 20 years later? Not. The funniest thing is that Britney continues to defend artists who were much more ********* to her than Aguilera, like Eminem, who has publicly called her a bad example, and has also made fun of her mental health. Apparently Britney is only offended by women...

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I’ll always support her but she shouldn’t bring other people down just because of her own personal experiences. Christina had nothing to do with the C-ship. Britney’s dancers were hired to do a job and had nothing to do with it either and she shouldn’t attack them.

Her anger is misguided in the last post. Britney is traumatized and I truly understand but it’s not healthy for her to be this angry nor is it healthy for her to attack everyone and burn bridges. I mean Paris and Selena unfollowed her?? She’s isolating herself when she needs support now more than ever.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, ronron said:

Pink has attacked people everyone has i

dont understand why britney has to be perfect all the ******* time that idea is exactly what brought her to where she is rn 

Noone is saying she needs to be perfect, she have been far from perfect on social medial for a while now, and people still overwhelming support her. But when she oversteps the line people have the right to call her out.

And I'm talking about Pink today not in the 2000s.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, BritBritSpearsLove said:

Noone is saying she needs to be perfect, she have been far from perfect on social medial for a while now, and people still overwhelming support her. But when she oversteps the line people have the right to call her out.

And I'm talking about Pink today not in the 2000s.

Britneys last real contact with the world was in the 2000s… and even before that she never talked back to any of her peers who would trash her publicly, shes been holding back for 2 decades so let the woman breathe if she feels the need to trash someone back shes never done it before

she was the nice girl for so long and what did she get from that? A legal order to be abused for 13 years? Is it really that hard to understand her anger? Why dont u go and ***** about christina deliberately being a ***** for a whole decade and let britney whos freedom just became legal months ago alone

all these stars were ********* and then had the opportunity to grow out of that and lbh they didnt get remotely the amount of slack britney wouldve had she acted like them, britney didnt get a chance to live and learn let her do it in her own time not ours

• Like 1

No, I can like a person and disagree with them every now and then at the same time cuz that’s how most normal people function. People need to stop acting like she’s out ********* people, lol, this whole cancel culture has gotten out of hand, these days, people wanna cancel someone for looking at them the wrong way, it’s ridiculous!!!

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Joel Santos said:

I don't why keep using Xtina's old mistakes to justify Britney's mistakes. It's so weird to see people doing things that happened 15-20 years ago and using them as arguments now. Was Xtina a ***** in 2002? Yup. Does Xtina deserve to be Butchered for this 20 years later? Not. The funniest thing is that Britney continues to defend artists who were much more ********* to her than Aguilera, like Eminem, who has publicly called her a bad example, and has also made fun of her mental health. Apparently Britney is only offended by women...

Fighters been trying to paint Britney as s**ist for a while now, lets not. Although I don't agree with her recent post about X, she has called out men, including JT, out. And despite her problems with Xtina, she has praised several women, including Beyonce, Madonna, Gaga, Sharon Stone, Miley and many others. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block