The Guardian: Britney Spears and Elton John: Hold Me Closer review – a star is reborn

3 minutes ago, Heyah said:

Not people thinking she is a background singer in the final mix

:orangu_orangutan_ape:

The final mix still has her ad libs, particularly in the second half. Since when do background singers do ad libs?

Also, her voice is no less prominent than his when they sing together. In fact, her voice is more obvious to me. This forum is so dramatic. 

:bouncey:

Then why does everyone who has listened to the final mix keep commenting her parts were cut? So they’re all lying????

• Like 1
1 minute ago, x.rox said:

Yeah and that’s probably why she made the comment about being a BACKGROUND singer on the song. She’s probably like “nice… they cut out all my solos… sure whatever do what you want”. 

I mean we will never truly know what approval she gave … “OMG YAY YOU CUT MY PARTS OUT APPROVED!!” You know? Like we will never know how she REALLY feels or responded. 

I mean an approval can be something like [from agent]  “She listened to if she says sure sounds good guys!” …

Ya kno? What we do know is she made a comment about the background singer which is a pretty odd comment in a positive / complimentary context. But who knows.

So we know nothing, let's be more positive than negative then, it's less exhausting :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

• Love 1

Every day I realize more and more why people hate our fan base. Y’all are chomping at the bit to **** on anyone even mildly associated with her. Of course the GP says crap like she can’t sing anymore. It’s all I ever seem to read outside of here, “she has to lip sync cos she can’t sing anymore” or “the cigs ruined her voice”. 

There is no shade. He invited her. They’re happy with it and obviously think quite highly of one another, why can’t y’all just be happy for things like this? It’s honestly just sad.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, x.rox said:

Yeah and that’s probably why she made the comment about being a BACKGROUND singer on the song. She’s probably like “nice… they cut out all my solos… sure whatever do what you want”. 

I mean we will never truly know what approval she gave … “OMG YAY YOU CUT MY PARTS OUT APPROVED!!” You know? Like we will never know how she REALLY feels or responded. 

I mean an approval can be something like [from agent]  “She listened to if she says sure sounds good guys!” …

Ya kno? What we do know is she made a comment about the background singer which is a pretty odd comment in a positive / complimentary context. But who knows.

Let’s just hope Britney goes back to solo music… so she can shine

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, x.rox said:

Then why does everyone who has listened to the final mix keep commenting her parts were cut? So they’re all lying????

She was a lot more prominent than Elton in the demo. To the point that people were saying it’s nice of Elton to let her outshine him. 

In the demo, she got a solo line in the first chorus, and a sole line in the second verse. Both are no longer solo as Elton’s voice has beeen added. However you can still clearly hear Britney and she does not sound like a background singer, since she is often out singing Elton. 

They have cut Britney’s ad libs from the first half / third of the song. However they have kept her ad libs / runs in the second half.

In summary, they have made the song a lot more balanced, but she is still given solo ad libs and you can clearly hear her when they sing together. 

The song ends with a long solo ad lib / run by Britney. 

She does not sound like a background singer. 

• Love 7

There were rumours the song was delayed a week, I think they sent her the song and she was self conscious of her solos and ad-libs and had it changed. It’s not a coincidence the producer mentioned she was in charge of her vocals and how they sounded and were mixed. This is so sad 😭 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

Every day I realize more and more why people hate our fan base. Y’all are chomping at the bit to **** on anyone even mildly associated with her. Of course the GP says crap like she can’t sing anymore. It’s all I ever seem to read outside of here, “she has to lip sync cos she can’t sing anymore” or “the cigs ruined her voice”. 

There is no shade. He invited her. They’re happy with it and obviously think quite highly of one another, why can’t y’all just be happy for things like this? It’s honestly just sad.

Same. I'm over here just Tribale. tumblr_ms5iidznS21qcyv1eo4_250.gif

Haha, oh my. This forum is out of control.

-The article is nothing but praise.

-The final mix is superior to the leak.

-Good the producers took away most of her ad libs. It did not sound good and her voice was just as annoying as in "Private Show" on those parts.  They kept the best parts without being too much, but still a very clear BritBrit-vocal use.

-Britney posting she felt honoured being his back-up singer is all just her being humble and glad an old icon Elton John wanted to collab on his release on a remake of one of his signature songs.

-Her voice is very present and completely reconcilable.

I am just happy she has given us a good track. It's been over 10 years.

7 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

OMG he was so sweet about her! I love it! :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped: But if he loved her ad-libs so much, why did he take them out? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

He kept at least half of them? The song even finishes with a long ad lib / run?

But I get what you’re saying - he didn’t keep them all. We don’t know the full story though. Maybe it was agreed with Britney. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Heyah said:

He kept at least half of them? The song even finishes with a long ad lib / run?

But I get what you’re saying - he didn’t keep them all. We don’t know the full story though. Maybe it was agreed with Britney. 

I guess Watt said Britney took the initiative in how her vocals were used, so she's the one who removed them.

I haven't heard the final song, I just heard the snippet posted by them and seen all the outrage over the ad-libs. Good to know at least half of them are still being used.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block