The Guardian: Britney Spears and Elton John: Hold Me Closer review – a star is reborn

Everyone of y'all saying this is shady or snarky or mean in any way are overdramatic and its unnecessary.  

The article is a rave.  

A fifty year old CLASSIC is getting remade with Britney freaking Spears, and they couldn't be more impressed with her approach.  Not everything you read needs to be read through the lens of how you would say it.  

• Love 7
Just now, kgid said:

Everyone of y'all saying this is shady or snarky or mean in any way are overdramatic and its unnecessary.  

The article is a rave.  

A fifty year old CLASSIC is getting remade with Britney freaking Spears, and they couldn't be more impressed with her approach.  Not everything you read needs to be read through the lens of how you would say it.  

We had way more Britney in the early mix. There's no Britney spears, Just Elton featuring back up literally

He's exploiting her, when he's done

She's gonna get the same treatment that's classic him.

Madonna and Janet Jackson knows all too well 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

We had way more Britney in the early mix. There's no Britney spears, Just Elton featuring back up literally

He's exploiting her, when he's done

She's gonna get the same treatment that's classic him.

Madonna and Janet Jackson knows all too well 

You are so dramatic and such a buzz kill. :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:

• Love 1
  • Like 3

I will say IMO this sounds like it’s been in the works for awhile and maybe she isn’t ready for all of the attention. I liked the leak, I’m not sure how much different the ‘finished’ one is, but if they removed some of her vocals like what I have heard, that’s unfortunate. It does feel kind of rushed in that way and it doesn’t support Elton’s notion. I hope it’s a success!

Not people thinking she is a background singer in the final mix

:orangu_orangutan_ape:

The final mix still has her ad libs and runs, particularly in the second half. Since when do background singers do ad libs and runs?

Also, her voice is no less prominent than his when they sing together. In fact, her voice is more obvious to me. This forum is so dramatic. 

:bouncey:

• Love 3
  • Like 3
Just now, itsxrichiexbish said:

Did y’all even read the article? They literally said they sent Britney the final product for her approval…. Just saying

Yeah and that’s probably why she made the comment about being a BACKGROUND singer on the song. She’s probably like “nice… they cut out all my solos… sure whatever do what you want”. 

I mean we will never truly know what approval she gave … “OMG YAY YOU CUT MY PARTS OUT APPROVED!!” You know? Like we will never know how she REALLY feels or responded. 

I mean an approval can be something like [from agent]  “She listened to if she says sure sounds good guys!” …

Ya kno? What we do know is she made a comment about the background singer which is a pretty odd comment in a positive / complimentary context. But who knows.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block