The Guardian: Britney Spears and Elton John: Hold Me Closer review – a star is reborn

7 minutes ago, Kaz90 said:

This is not her comeback single, and they need to listen to the leak to purify their ears asap

First single in 6 years kinda makes it that in my eyes. I just fear negativity getting back to Britney. I think these reviews are way too harsh and it does not make sense. The song is good overall and the general public seems to already be on board. That is what truly matters.  

1 minute ago, kleinbritney said:

"Hold Me Closer" is definitely not a bad song, but it doesn't have any hit potential. It's from another time. Britney is expected to put on a lively dance number. Some pensioners on a cruise might dance to this song.

Actually it DOES have potential to be a hit!

• Love 5
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, kleinbritney said:

"Hold Me Closer" is definitely not a bad song, but it doesn't have any hit potential. It's from another time. Britney is expected to put on a lively dance number. Some pensioners on a cruise might dance to this song.

How can you say no hit potential?

-Britney’s first song in 6 years and first post-conservatorship

-Duet with ELTON John

-very catchy and modern sound  

Sure her vocals could have and should have been produced much better and the song is slightly generic overall, but this is bound to be huge just for the reasons I stated…

• Love 1

They're pressed and mad af cause they don't sleep with Sam at night :elton:

Jk lol :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao: I honestly don't really care about it, today even the exhale felt different and much more positive than usual besides the few people that prefers the illegal leak I love it and I'm not the only one which makes me really happy :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

I love the song and glad I have the leak and final. The critics and Britney herself have a point, she’s kind of sort of but not really like a background singer. They should have mixed her vocals higher on the first chorus (and left Elton with very minor backing) and kept her solo on “drunken nights” at least. The song is still great but Elton should’ve had a bit more faith in Brit’s voice.

2 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

I was just reporting what I saw….don’t hate me haha. I completely disagree with the negative reviews!

Think Britney maybe can see this, or GP & I think it's useless at this point. Or change the title & made a general thread with all critic reviews maybe ??

8 minutes ago, s&m said:

Actually it DOES have potential to be a hit!

If so, I'm happy for Britney and Elton, but I don't believe in it. The hype lasts for 2 days and then the song ends up at the bottom of the charts. With lots of promo and personal appearances from Britney and Elton + a nice video, it sure can be a hit, but it's not going to happen.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block