The Guardian: Britney Spears and Elton John: Hold Me Closer review – a star is reborn

11 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

How can you say no hit potential?

-Britney’s first song in 6 years and first post-conservatorship

-Duet with ELTON John

-very catchy and modern sound  

Sure her vocals could have and should have been produced much better and the song is slightly generic overall, but this is bound to be huge just for the reasons I stated…

Only fans care. But the masses have to buy it to make it chart successful. You will hear the song exactly once and then make up your mind. It's a lullaby nothing that knocks me out.

Some comments in this thread make me sad…Why can’t some of you simply enjoy her music and be thankful that she felt confident enough to put out music again? Some pay SO MUCH attention to charts and seeking validation from outside sources that you forget to enjoy the music. 

Some people saying “she was expected to put out a dance number”…Sorry but expected by whom exactly? Because we certainly shouldn’t be expecting anything. She can put whatever music she wants out…I think it’s the least some of you as fans can do for her. She has lived most of her career t pleasing other people, like imagine being an artist and not being allowed to express yourself? That’s torture.

Enjoy whatever art she puts out - this doesn’t meant you have to like it - but it does mean that you have to be kinder and remember everything she was gone through and that your idea of her is not necessarily her nor what she desires.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block