Who is more of an icon? Lady Gaga or Beyoncé

2 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Beyoncé had more longevity.

Well... Arguable, the last years Beyonce is a IT girl with power interest in social media and no hit music, Gaga was more succesful with music, fashion even as actress, the last big hit of Beyonce in Europe is Run The World, or was with now Break Your Soul, so... No baby

1 hour ago, descg said:

Well... Arguable, the last years Beyonce is a IT girl with power interest in social media and no hit music, Gaga was more succesful with music, fashion even as actress, the last big hit of Beyonce in Europe is Run The World, or was with now Break Your Soul, so... No baby

Hit music does not equate to impact or icon status. Britney barely had any hits in America from 2001-2003 or from 2005-2006 yet she was still the most famous person in the country. Also, Beyoncé doesn’t make music for the charts, or at least that wasn’t her priority in the 2010s as she transitioned into an established artist. Facts are -- Beyoncé has had a more relevantly consistent career whereas Gaga has had a higher peak. 

You can tell by how globally searched each female artist was per calendar year:

2000-08: Britney Spears
2009-11: Gaga
2012: Rihanna
2013: Miley
2014: Beyoncé
2015: Taylor
2016-17: Rihanna
2018: Ariana Grande
2019-21: Billie Eilish

Britney: 8
Gaga: 3
Rihanna: 3
Billie: 3
Beyoncé: 1

Since the creation of the internet search database which was around the late 90s, the most searched female artists to date are:
1. Britney
2. Rihanna
3. JLo
4. Beyoncé
5. Shakira
And then
6. Gaga

ZBAxq4E.png

You can even see here how Gaga has had a literal higher peak (in red) whereas Beyoncé has had more consistency and longevity (and this isn’t including her stats from 1998-2003 -- not that it matters since she already triumphed Gaga). Look, I am here proving, presenting and PROVIDING you with actual receipts so if you don't agree at this point, go argue with the wall. Don't even bother trying it anymore. Again, Gaga has had a higher peak. Beyoncé has had more consistency and relevancy. End of. Nothing else to argue. Receipts are proving my point and others who are well versed in pop culture would agree the same. 

Did Beyonce need Ariana grande to actually get a number one song or a Grammy, or Bradley Cooper or tony Bennett to help rebrand her.

Have you checked the blogs, their now admitting born this way as an album and era had aged horribly and marketing to the gays is all she can really do especially in the US..

Plus hold my hand hasn't really been as successful as the one republic track from top gun..

Might be a sold out tour but 20 dates, and only 120 million, Madonna did that on an arena tour in 2004, kinda tragic..

Nothing been truly organic, Gaga is truly Piggy backing to get awards and hit songs, don't get me started, the joker thing is pissing DC fan boys, Gaga fans think it's a marvel movie and the comic books status is laughing saying monsters are delusional, it's a dc movie doesn't have a great track record as marvel does..

It's dead on arrival 

• Haha 2
  • Super Mods
16 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Did Beyonce need Ariana grande to actually get a number one song or a Grammy, or Bradley Cooper or tony Bennett to help rebrand her.

Have you checked the blogs, their now admitting born this way as an album and era had aged horribly and marketing to the gays is all she can really do especially in the US..

Plus hold my hand hasn't really been as successful as the one republic track from top gun..

Might be a sold out tour but 20 dates, and only 120 million, Madonna did that on an arena tour in 2004, kinda tragic..

Nothing been truly organic, Gaga is truly Piggy backing to get awards and hit songs, don't get me started, the joker thing is pissing DC fan boys, Gaga fans think it's a marvel movie and the comic books status is laughing saying monsters are delusional, it's a dc movie doesn't have a great track record as marvel does..

It's dead on arrival 

And I Oop Whatcha Say GIF by Jasmine Masters

They both are obviously. Beyonce has the advantage of being around longer, but I would say Gaga is more iconic. Beyonce is iconic in music. But Gaga is iconic in music, acting, and fashion. She’s more versatile. Beyonce can’t act to save her life. And I don’t think Beyonce has very many original iconic looks. Gaga has always been an activist since day 1 too, while Beyonce played it safe for many years. I found it very weird when she and Jay Z won some GLAAD award… until Renaissance (which I don’t really see as that much of an LGBTQ thing, but some ppl do) all I had seen her do is wave a rainbow flag a couple times. And she didn’t really talk about equality for black ppl until the BLM movement became a big thing. I have no doubt Gaga will be an EGOT winner one day, but Beyonce chases that Oscar all the time between acting early on and now “writing” songs for movies. Another reason I’d choose Gaga over Beyonce, I believe she writes her songs… Beyonce, I’m not so sure. Plus Gaga can play multiple instruments. Her fame and success is 100% her own doing as well, while I’m not saying Beyonce isn’t responsible for her own success, being married to another huge celebrity also helped boost her career. And Gaga didn’t have to start in a girl group. 

• Love 1
On 8/21/2022 at 12:15 AM, Yasux34 said:

Lady GaGa 100% First Female to sell out a Stadium is Paris.... and other Stadiums her current tour is smashin records.

She was breaking records from our Favs in only the 1st 10 years of her Career.  Britney will always be my #1  but I am not going to Deny that Gaga has more star power and if def. More Iconic and has HAD  more iconic moments that have actually impacted Movies , Film and Television .

Lady Gaga Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

THIS ALONE  makes Gaga Legendary. 

And this statement invalidates your entire opinion 🤣 

Gaga has never been organic. Everything about her and her career is orchestrated heavily and very obvious (esp now looking back). It might have started out all about music and just being an artist who doesn’t give a fk but it’s long past that and fame became more relevant.  Is it bad? Up to you. 

Beyoncé used to be organic. Orchestrated as any pop star career is and should be BUTTTT not like it is today. For me, her music catalog is literally nothing compared to her peers and even Gaga. Her singles are great and I fkn love her music but she’s most certainly a singles artists (only good songs on her albums are singles minus Lemonade which is perfect from start to finish). Her performing however is the best of the best and for that she will always get my vote. However, she’s so calculated and nothing she says or does seems genuine to me personally. Her and her team have literally made her become impossible to touch and bigger than she truly is. Her career is an optical illusion. It appears to be the greatest but it’s truly not nearly as successful as her peers. At all. She’s all image and that’s it. 

both are icons and both will and HAVE stood the test of time. 

but question is who is more iconic and strictly based on perception…Beyoncé. She’s found the ability to be “safe” and ratchet (her words haha not mine and I love it) haha which I love!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block