Beyoncé To Change Renaissance Lyric Containing Ableist Slur

55 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

So how do they expect people to stop using certain words if they don't actually name them?? It cannot be found in the article. What word is it? Are people actually THAT scared of words?? EDUCATE INSTEAD!

The same thing happened to even german articles I‘ve read on insta. All of this seems so weird and wishy washy

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Mr. Cavill said:

:gloria_falling_stairs_trip::gloria_falling_stairs_trip::gloria_falling_stairs_trip::gloria_falling_stairs_trip::gloria_falling_stairs_trip::gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Referring to this part of Partition:

beyonce-partition-monica-lewinsky.gif?w=

@Midnight

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

That's one of the best lyrics in that song. Monica needs to get over it, you left your dress stained with a man's spunk. That's a choice you made, you need to live with it. It's not a disability and has nothing to do with race or being a minority. I'm sure plenty of rappers have also referenced Bill Clinton in some way about cheating or getting head under a desk. I don't think your past actions should be held against you... but like, it's clever lyric not meant in any derogatory way. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block