Beyoncé To Change Renaissance Lyric Containing Ableist Slur

On 8/2/2022 at 11:53 AM, Isla said:

For anyone wondering, 'spaz' and its longer form 'spastic' is a highly offensive term to refer to someone with a disability in the UK. I did mention this when Lizzo also removed the word from her song.

Then they should ban the word in the UK if it's really that big of a deal, and leave the rest of the world out of this. In the US the word is used to describe someone who's clumsy or dumb btw. Although it's mostly archaic and uncommon these days. You usually hear the word in old 80s and 90s movies/shows.

But anyway, woke Twitter can kiss my ***. 

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Then they should ban the word in the UK if it's really that big of a deal, and leave the rest of the world out of this. In the US the word is used to describe someone who's clumsy or dumb btw. Although it's mostly archaic and uncommon these days. You usually hear the word in old 80s and 90s movies/shows.

But anyway, woke Twitter can kiss my ***. 

spacer.png

Well it kinda is banned here, it's almost as bad as saying the r-word. I was just saying, the word has a totally different meaning in the US and that's fine. I don't even get offended by song lyrics that easily.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block