I've done a 180° and "My Baby" is a keeper!

So in the past I believed that "My Baby" from the "Circus" album was not it. The song seemed so out of place on the album and down right boring. :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired: Especially with its cringe-worthy placing immediately following "Lace And Leather" (such an odd choice) :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: ...but I decided to give the track a few plays recently and slowly warmed up to its sweet tenderness. I've done a 180° and now believe that with an altered placement behind "Out From Under", "My Baby" fits more comfortably into the "Circus" flow. :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy: Try it out yourselves, I'd love to know your thoughts... :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 5
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, frederiickx said:

I love the song. I think it's beautiful!

I didn't before but I do now and I really believe it was because of the placement on Circus. It was so jarring going from ~watch me apply the pressure~ :werk_britney_bw_black_white_dance_sexy_flirt_my_prerogative: in Lace And Leather... to ~my precious love sent from above~ in My Baby :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm: but thankfully that's fixed for me so ~now I can just enjoy the riiide~ :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

• Like 2

I agree. It’s a very heartwarming song that conveys a lot of emotion. The only people who seem to hate on this song are your typical lifeless gay men who prefer substance-less dance and europop… but are we shocked? :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: They always used the song as a punching bag when she has FAR worse. Side note: Her vibrato is so gorgeous in that song. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: Definitely one of the highlights off of “Circus”.

• Love 8
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block