Rolling Stone ranks every Britney Spears song

5 hours ago, Jaime Jean said:

There’s an obsession with this song? I’m out of the loop I guess. 

There's been a lot of critics/music publications publishing rankings of Britney's discography lately, they all seem to put How I Roll in the top 40.

35 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Do better, Rolling Stone. This is literally embarrassing for you.

This is the only accurate Top 10:

1. Toxic
2. Overprotected 
3. Breathe On Me
4. Oops!… I Did It Again
5. …Baby One More Time
6. Lonely
7. Gimme More
8. I’m a Slave 4 U 
9. Lucky
10. Stronger

Argue with the wall.

You’re a flop for ranking Overprotected higher than Gimme More. :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Almost Mystical said:

You’re a flop for ranking Overprotected higher than Gimme More. :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

Why? Overprotected is a solidly crafted pop song and one of, if not her best which perfectly captures that signature Britney sound. The production, both the original and Darkchild Mix, is chilling. Gimme More is a brilliant pop song too.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I can tolerate the unoriginal slander for E-Mail My Heart and the likes, but TRIP TO YOUR HEART???

Which of you Exhalers wrote this list? :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad::badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Trip To Your Heart is a sweet catchy and upbeat ballad. I wont allow any type of shade to this beautiful track on this forum. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

JK, it's a good song but ofc she has better tracks

• Like 2

This writer is sassy af lmao :orangu_orangutan_ape:

A controversial song for sure — many Britney fans would rank it at the absolute bottom. “Private Show” might seem like a dippy tune about humping a ******** pole, but it’s so much more: It’s her Black Mirror episode. She thinks she’s sharing an intimate lap-dance moment with her guy, begging him to close the curtains — until she notices there’s an audience eyeballing her. For Britney, that’s real life as she knows it. Her private show is public property. (As she told Entertainment Tonight, “‘Private Show’ is inevitably a **** song and it promotes feeling **** and girls feeling alive, and I think that’s fun for girls.”) The fact that the single really was a private show — i.e., nobody bought it, played it on the radio, or even noticed it came out — just adds to the mise en scene.

Britney teams up with Sia for a strange torch ballad about a love triangle — she anoints her man’s naked body with her own distinctive aroma so that the other chick can smell the Britney on him. Like “Jolene,” it’s a triangle where the real action is between the ladies, with the dude as a mere conduit. What kind of scent was she smearing on this guy? Probably it’s her signature fragrance, Cosmic Radiance. Or maybe Fantasy Twist? Curious: In Control? She’s got a lot of fragrances.

ow is it possible this is her only Christmas song? It’s an outrage, considering that NSync got their own Home for Christmas album, complete with Justin singing “I Never Knew the Meaning of Christmas” (until he met Britney). “My Only Wish (This Year)” was the leadoff track on the Jive sampler Platinum Christmas, which also had the Backstreet Boys, TLC, and the Dave Matthews Band. Britney writes a letter to Santa, asking him to leave a boyfriend under her Christmas tree: “I can’t be alone under the mistletoe/He’s all I want in a big red bow!” Like all men in Britney’s life, Santa disappoints her.

• Love 1

some of these entries are an eyeroll.

It's 2022 and this guy still thinks she says "kitty kitty" on " I'm Slave 4 U". He also makes that same mistake in his original review of the song in 2001.

However, I think it's cool of him to include some of the lesser know and unreleased tracks, which we all know are some of her best...

:cooltshirt_thumbs_up_britney_pom_piece_of_me:

• Haha 1

E-mail my heart #168? Like I know it's not her best song but it's way too cute to be that low on the list

What It’s Like to Be Me on #163????? Girl.............

Before the Goodbye on #156 :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

they're calling Shadow a "a wretched Matrix ballad" what is going onnn with this list

(Someday) I Will Understand on #146 I'm gonna stop reading before my head explodes

what clown made this list lmao :clown_meme__makeup_green:

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block