Madonna on the set of the "Frozen" remix music video, rumored features with Dua Lipa, Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Doja Cat and more

Jordan Miller

41 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

You guys do understand the youth got into ftozen by a tik tok remix that Madonna co signed. 

The sickick remix actually introduced her to a younger audience. 

So this project is a way to introduce people who didn't grow up on her 

Get that coin M!!

I like this idea, though I'm not very fond of remixes if they're not done properly. I'd rather her just do new versions of her songs with a modern twist, and the duets if she wants to.

In the Hispanic world we have this legendary singer Miguel Bosé, well, legendary up until recently before he became so bitter and nuts, he has released I don't know how many versions of his 80's classics, and they're a hit every time he does it. I think the first time was in 1999, then in the mid and late 2000's he released two albums of duets, all of his hits got reworked and revitalized, and despite being so different, the new versions and the originals are equally good. Then years later he did like the MTV Unplugged, with more duets and the acoustic arrangement, and they were still great. 

He has released some new songs, but as someone said in this thread, some artists reach a point where they just don't need new music. Their hits are so timeless that they can get reworked and reworked over and over and the fans won't get tired of them. 

Besides Madonna is in such point that she can do whatever she wants, and she can dare to flop, and she will still be Madonna.

• Super Mods

As much as I love this idea of Madonna going back to her old music,

is it really a good idea for a remix to an amazing ballad she's done?

I feel like she's gonna fk it up and twerk to it or something.

I just feel like she's been ruining her legacy for the past decade and

I dont want her to ruin her classics.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, electricopop said:

I think it's pretty cool to give her classics a modern, updated fresh take for Gen Z who doesn't really know HER MADGESTY!

I don't think she gets the new generations... Hence the messy noise (both sonic as well as visual) that is "B* tch, I'm Madonna". She thinks that being young means being in a constant state of rioting. She's exhausting.

I actually like and respect her, for obvious reasons. I have A-L-L her albums (that's saying something... well, minus "Madame X"...but that's another issue). But I'm shocked and disappointed at how ungracefully she's been behaving these past years. Like, stop writhing on the floor, it's not cute anymore. I know she's just being Madonna, but she's missing the mark now. I wish she would go (and stay) in the "Crave" route. That song and music video with Swae Lee are impeccable to me, and fitting for her at the moment.

I love the idea of remix albums, I think it's an opportunity to flex your creativity and keep it interesting, but it can be either a hit or a miss. Even Dua at the height of the wave got it wrong. And what's most worrying is that Madonna seems to be doing it just because a few seconds of a remix of "Frozen" got trending on TikTok. So basically she's doing it to please the kids, not because of personal artistic motivations. THAT's what worries me. AND isn't she making a movie?! Nobody can do well more than one demanding thing at a time...

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block